H BMW, ως ένας από τους βασικούς χορηγούς των Ολυμπιακών και Παραολυμπιακών Αγώνων του Λονδίνου, ανακοίνωσε τον στόλο και τα χρώματα των αυτοκινήτων που θα είναι τα επίσημα συνοδευτικά αυτοκίνητα των αγώνων. Τα αυτοκίνητα έχουνε μέσο όρο εκπομπών 116 γρ/χλμ, αφού η οργανωτική επιτροπή είχε ζητήσει τα αυτοκίνητα αυτά να έχουνε κατά μέσο όρο, λιγότερες από 120 γρ/χλμ εκπομπές CO2.
2.700 είναι ο συνολικός αριθμός των οχημάτων που θα μεταφέρουν τους αθλητές, τους υπαλλήλους και τον εξοπλισό και στον στόλο υπάρχουν τα 1-Series Active E, η 1-Series ActiveE, 320d Efficient Dynamics, 520d Efficient Dynamics, 5-Series Active Hybrid, X3 xDrive 20d, X5 xDrive 30d, R1200 RT Motorcycle, τα ποδήλατα Streetcruiser Bicycles, το MINI E , και το MINI Countryman Cooper D.
[learn_more caption=”Δελτίο Τύπου”]
LOCOG & BMW GROUP UNVEIL LONDON 2012 FLEET
- World’s most sustainable automotive manufacturer delivers diverse London 2012 fleet including cars, motorcycles and bicycles
- Fleet average of 116g/km CO2 emissions and 64.5mpg, beating target set by Organising Committee
- First medium-sized cars on UK roads meeting 2014 EU6 emissions regulations
London, 26 April 2012: LOCOG and BMW, Official Automotive Partner to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, today revealed full details of the London 2012 fleet. Set to play an essential role in delivering a successful Games, LOCOG’s deployment plans for the low-emission, diesel, hybrid and electric cars, motorcycles and bicycles were unveiled for the first time.
Whether it be pulling boats out of the water at Weymouth, providing a mobile camera platform for the marathon, towing a horse ambulance across Greenwich Park or carrying medal winners around the Olympic Park to media interviews, the BMW and MINI fleet will perform an extremely wide range of duties during the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Naturally making sure the right people are in the right place at the right time, across more than 30 venues in London and beyond, is another key role of the cars, motorcycles and bicycles which constitute the fleet. Media will be users of the fleet, as well as judges, event organisers, Games officials and staff, ranging from medical officers, IOC photographers and crew to official rights holders and technical delegates.
Richard George, Transport Director, LOCOG said: “From motorcycles to electric vehicles and 4x4s, the requirements of the 2012 fleet are hugely diverse. BMW and MINI have provided a variety of different cars, ideal both for city driving and long distance, to travel to Olympic and Paralympic venues around the country. It was vital that our partner in this field could deliver a one-stop shop solution and meet our sustainability targets. BMW has surpassed our requirements and we are delighted to be working with them.”
LOCOG’s challenging average fleet emissions target of 120 grams CO2 per kilometre was set significantly below the UK total new car emissions average of 138 grams CO2 per kilometre / 54.2mpg. (Ref. CleanGreenCars.co.uk) The BMW and MINI fleet surpasses the target with average CO2 emissions of 116 grams CO2 per kilometre or 64.5mpg.
Chris Brownridge, UK Marketing Director, BMW said: “Our London 2012 fleet shows what BMW technology can achieve today in terms of fuel economy and low emissions, including the first major presence of super clean EU6-compliant cars on UK roads. We look forward sharing our vision of sustainable urban mobility during the Games, including our revolutionary electric vehicle technology at the BMW Group Pavilion in the Olympic park.”
Beyond the vehicle requirements, BMW Group is supporting a significant number of Team GB and ParalympicsGB members and hopefuls. More than 140 individuals around the country are receiving backing in the form of vehicles, support and encouragement.
In addition, the technical facilities of BMW Group were put to good use to help test the Olympic Torch ahead of its 70 day Olympic Relay around the UK. The company’s state-of-the-art Energy and Environmental Test Centre in Munich was used to test the torch in all manner of different weather conditions, from 5ºC to +40ºC temperatures, +50mph winds, snow and driving rain.
Notes to Editors:
BMW 1 Series ActiveE (EV)
- Number in fleet: 160
- 170hp / Zero tailpipe emissions
- Usage includes: Games time talent shuttle transporting athletes within the Olympic Park and also available for use by broadcasters. Venue pool cars for operational usage and supporting the Olympic Torch Relay.
- Showcase for new charging infrastructure in London; 120 new ‘high speed’ charge points installed in five key locations in London with the first being installed at ExCeL London.
MINI E (Electric Vehicle)
- Number in fleet: 40
- 204hp / Zero tailpipe emissions
- Usage includes: Venue pool cars for operational usage and supporting the Olympic Torch Relay.
MINI Countryman Cooper D
- Number in fleet: 200
- 112hp / 115g/km CO2 / 64.2mpg
- Usage includes: ‘On demand’ service (a walk up taxi rank) at key locations such as London Heathrow and IOC Hotels as well as providing request for transport services where clients contact a call centre and book the service in advance.
BMW 320d Efficient Dynamics
- Number in fleet: 1,550
- 163hp / 109g/km CO2 / 68.9mpg
- Usage includes: Main command car for Olympic Torch Relay, official vehicles for cycling events (race doctor, commissionaires, lead car, neutral service, route management). Will also be used by the 67 Technical Delegates who are responsible for approve the Field of Play and competition set up in accordance with the IF rules.
BMW 520d Efficient Dynamics
- Number in fleet: 700
- 119g/km CO2 / 62.8mpg
- Usage includes: Vehicle transfer and shuttle role.
BMW 5 Series Active Hybrid
- Number in fleet: 20
- 149g/km CO2 / 44.1mpg
- Usage includes: Vehicle transfer and shuttle role.
BMW X3 xDrive 20d
- Number in fleet: 17
- 147g/km CO2 / 50.4mpg
- Usage includes: Specialist role of towing boats at sailing and rowing venues as well as playing a supporting role in the Olympic Torch Relay.
BMW X5 xDrive 30d
- Number in fleet: 10
- 195g/km CO2 / 38.2mpg
- Usage includes: Specialist role of towing horse ambulances at equestrian events as well as providing on-course support.
R1200 RT Motorcycle
- Number in fleet: 25 (Total number of motorcycles including F650GS, R1200GS, R1200RT)
- Usage includes: Key support roles in road based events including cycling.
BMW Streetcruiser Bicycles
- Number in fleet: 400
- Usage includes: Operational support for water-based sports including rowing – for use by team coaches and officials following races.
As of September 2014, EU6 will be the mandatory emission limit for all new cars. Compared to currently mandatory EU5 level, EU6 virtually brings down diesel nitrogen oxide emissions to petrol car level.
80 % of the BMW London 2012 fleet will fulfil EU6 emission standards already – 2 years before they become mandatory.
BMW Group is the world’s most sustainable automotive manufacturer and the natural automotive partner for a truly sustainable Olympic and Paralympic Games. BMW Group was chosen by London 2012 due to its ability to meet the emission targets set by London 2012.
The Efficient Dynamic, hybrid and zero emissions cars, motorcycles and bicycles provided by BMW Group for London 2012 provide essential mobility for athletes and officials that is vital for the operational success of the Games.
The BMW Group
The BMW Group is one of the most successful manufacturers of automobiles and motorcycles in the world with its BMW, MINI, Husqvarna Motorcycles and Rolls-Royce brands. As a global company, the BMW Group operates 25 production and assembly facilities in 14 countries and has a global sales network in more than 140 countries.
In 2011, the BMW Group sold about1.67 million cars and more than 113,000 motorcycles worldwide. The profit before tax for the financial year 2011 was euro 7.38 billion on revenues amounting to euro 68.82 billion. At 31 December 2011, the BMW Group had a workforce of approximately 100,000 employees.
The success of the BMW Group has always been built on long-term thinking and responsible action. The company has therefore established ecological and social sustainability throughout the value chain, comprehensive product responsibility and a clear commitment to conserving resources as an integral part of its strategy. As a result of its efforts, the BMW Group has been ranked industry leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes for the last seven years.