Το 2014 έκλεισε ως ακόμη μια χρονιά ρεκόρ πωλήσεων για την Jaguar-Land Rover με την Αγγλική εταιρία να πουλά 462.678 αυτοκίνητα (+9% σε σχέση με το 2013). Η Land Rover έχει πουλήσει 381.108 αυτοκίνητα παγκοσμίως (+9%), ενώ η Jaguar πούλησε 81.570 αυτοκίνητα (+6%). Η μεγαλύτερη αγορά της Land Rover είναι η Κίνα, αφού το 2014 η εταιρία πούλησε εκεί 122.010 αυτοκίνητα (+28%).
Στις σχετικές ειδήσεις η Jaguar Land Rover ανακοίνωσε την πρόσληψη 1.300 νέων υπαλλήλων της, στη προσπάθεια της να αναπτύξει περαιτέρω τεχνολογίες ελαφριών οχημάτων με χρήση αλουμινίου και άλλων ελαφριών υλικών. Η Jaguar θα επενδύσει συνολικά 1,5 δισ. λίρες Αγγλίας (1,9 δισ. ευρώ) στο εργοστάσιο της στο Σόλιχαλ, εκεί όπου θα κατασκευάσει και την F-Pace, το νέο της crossover που θα ξεκινήσει εμπορική πορεία από το 2016.
JAGUAR LAND ROVER REPORTS STRONG FULL YEAR SALES FOR 2014
- Jaguar Land Rover delivers solid full year global sales retailing 462,678 vehicles in 2014, up 9%
- Jaguar delivers strongest full year performance in nearly a decade retailing 81,570 vehicles, up 6%
- Land Rover retails in high demand: 381,108 in 2014, up 9%
- Sales up across all key regions
- Global sales driven by award winning product portfolio
Jaguar Land Rover, the UK’s leading manufacturer of premium luxury vehicles has achieved solid sales performance in 2014, retailing 462,678 vehicles, up 9% versus prior year. This is the company’s 5thsuccessive year of growth in sales.
Commenting on the full year performance Andy Goss, Jaguar Land Rover Group Sales Operations Director, said: “Jaguar Land Rover has once again outperformed prior year performance, with retails up across all of our key regions. With 12 significant new product actions planned for 2015 and the introduction of the new Jaguar XE and the Land Rover Discovery Sport, we anticipate retailing over half a million vehicles for the first time in the company’s history.
“2014 has been a year of significant achievements for Jaguar Land Rover, recognised by more than 100 international awards. We aim to make 2015 even better, by creating ever more exciting cars that deliver great customer experiences.”
Jaguar Land Rover’s global performance for the full year 2014 shows a balanced portfolio with sales up across all key regions: 122,010 in the China Region, up 28%; 96,505 for Overseas, up 1%; 86,310 in Europe, up 3%; 82,872 in the UK, up 7% and 74,981 in North America, up 2%.
Land Rover had its best ever year with sales reaching 381,108, up 9% year-on-year. The company sold more Range Rovers, Range Rover Sports and Range Rover Evoques in 2014 than ever before, on the back of continued strong customer demand.
Jaguar sales were up 6% for the year, retailing 81,570 vehicles. The F-TYPE, which has just completed its first full year of sales, continues to raise brand awareness around the world. The XF consistently drives Jaguar volumes and in 2014 has recorded its best year of sales to date. This is Jaguar’s strongest full year performance in nearly a decade.
Jaguar Land Rover has collected over 100 international awards and honoursin 2014 for its products and for many other areas of the business. Heading the list is a prestigious 2014 Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade, reflecting sustained success with global exports to over 170 countries. The official citation recognised Jaguar Land Rover’s “outstanding overseas sales growth over the last three years”.
It has also been a historic year for manufacturing, with the business expanding from three plants to five. Jaguar Land Rover opened its first ever overseas manufacturing plant, in China, as well as a new Engine Manufacturing Centre in the West Midlands. This facility, together with major recent investment and increased headcount at Castle Bromwich, Halewood and Solihull, underlines Jaguar Land Rover’s commitment to the UK.
JAGUAR LAND ROVER ANNOUNCES 1,300 NEW UK JOBS TO ACCELERATE LEADERSHIP IN LIGHTWEIGHT VEHICLE MANUFACTURING
- 1,300 new jobs created with further development of lightweight vehicle technologies.
- Breakthrough Jaguar performance crossover to be built at world-leading Solihull plant.
- UK’s leading manufacturing investor set to extend expertise in aluminium as second Jaguar model comes to ‘factory within a factory’.
Detroit, USA: Jaguar Land Rover has announced plans to create 1,300 new jobs as it continues to accelerate its industry-leading expertise in aluminium and lightweight technologies. The news comes following confirmation that the UK’s largest manufacturing investor will add a further new Jaguar model to its product portfolio. The Jaguar performance crossover, set to go on sale in 2016, follows the Jaguar XE into the new facilities within the world-renowned Solihull plant.
This latest announcement from the Detroit auto show will see Jaguar Land Rover’s Solihull manufacturing plant continue to develop its world-class capability in aluminium vehicle construction for which the company is synonymous. It also marks the start of an incredible year for the British manufacturer who will deliver 12 significant product actions in the next 12 months alone.
Jaguar Land Rover CEO Dr. Ralf Speth said: “Today’s announcements once again demonstrate our commitment to the UK and the advancement of a high-tech, high skilled, manufacturing-led economy.
“Jaguar Land Rover is committed to delivering more great products. It is that innovation and relentless quest for new technologies that sets our products apart. We want to offer customers greater choice, with even more exciting vehicles, crafted with that special British flair. We want to improve the quality of life for our customers and for our own employees, creating opportunities for more people to be part of the Jaguar Land Rover experience.”
To support the introduction of its new aluminium and lightweight technologies Jaguar Land Rover has already invested £1.5bn. The new facilities represent the largest single investment in the Solihull plant in its 70 year history and created an impressive ‘factory within a factory’. Incorporating Europe’s largest aluminum body shop and final assembly hall – collectively the size of 22 football pitches, the new state-of-the-art facilities bring the Jaguar brand to Solihull for the first time, and continues to showcase the company’s pioneering leadership in aluminum vehicle construction which dates back to 2003 with the introduction of the seventh generation Jaguar XJ.
As a result of the continued developments at Solihull, Jaguar Land Rover is creating an additional 1,300 new jobs at the site. Applications for the new roles are now being accepted and following its commitment to enhancing employment opportunities for former service personnel in the wake of the Invictus Games, Jaguar Land Rover is welcoming applications from military personnel who are leaving or have left the services.
The expansion of the Solihull site is the outward expression of the continued drive to reinvigorate every aspect of the company. Today, the plant builds world-renowned vehicles such as the Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Land Rover Discovery and is home to the iconic Defender. Most recently, the site has welcomed the first Jaguar in its history, with the introduction of the new Jaguar XE, which begins production in the Spring.
Jaguar Land Rover continues on its path of measured and sustainable growth with record full year retail sales in 2014 of 462,678, double that of 2008. A 2014/15 fiscal year investment of £3.75bn in product creation has seen the introduction of a host of new and exciting products and business expansion. The company’s headcount has increased to 32,000, 10,000 more than were employed just four years ago.
- Jaguar Land Rover is a strong, healthy and vibrant company, well positioned strategically and financially for sustainable growth.
- Jaguar Land Rover is over-proportionally investing; the company will spend £3.5 – £3.7 billion on new product creation and capital expenditure in its financial year ending 31st March 2015 and has invested a total of over £10 billion in the last five years.
- The company plans 50 product actions over the next five years, of which twelve will be in 2015 alone.
- Jaguar Land Rover’s products are in high demand around the globe. Its sales have more than doubled since 2009: in 2014 the company retailed 462,678 vehicles, a nine per cent increase on 2013.
- Jaguar Land Rover’s turnover has almost trebled to £19.4 billion in its financial year ending 31st March 2014, with a Profit Before Tax of £2.5 billion.
- The company’s headcount has doubled over the past few years to more than 32,000 globally, of which 30,500 are in the UK.
- The 1,300 jobs announced for Solihull today are in addition to the 1,700 created in 2013 for the introduction of the Jaguar XE.
- The workforce at Solihull has nearly doubled over the past three years, with 9,450 currently employed there.
- Last year, Jaguar Land Rover opened its Engine Manufacturing Centre at Wolverhampton, UK, a £500 million investment, which will employ 1,400 when operating at full capacity.
- The breakthrough Jaguar performance crossover will be manufactured at the world-renowned Solihull plant. The Jaguar XE, the Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Land Rover Discovery and Defender are also built at this facility.
- The Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque are manufactured at Jaguar Land Rover’s Halewood plant.
- The Jaguar F-TYPE, XF and XJ are built at Castle Bromwich.
- In 2014 Jaguar Land Rover opened its first ever overseas manufacturing facility in Changshu, China and started construction of its second, in Brazil.