Ακόμη μια χρονιά με ρεκόρ πωλήσεων έκλεισε για την Jaguar-Land Rover, με την Αγγλική εταιρία να ανακοινώνει πως μέσα στο 2015 πούλησε 487.065 αυτοκίνητα, 5% περισσότερα σε σχέση με το 2014. Η Land Rover, καθ’όλη τη διάρκεια του περασμένου έτους, πούλησε για πρώτη φορά περισσότερα από 400.000 αυτοκίνητα, 403.079 συγκεκριμένα (αύξηση 6%). Η Jaguar είδε τις πωλήσεις να αυξάνονται κατά 3% με 83.986 αυτοκίνητα
Η μεγαλύτερη αγορά για την Jaguar-Land Rover ήταν η Ευρωπαϊκή με 110.298 πωλήσεις (+28%), με 100.636 Jaguar και Land Rovers να αγοράζονται από τους Βρετανούς. Οι Αμερικάνοι αγόρασαν 94.066 αυτοκίνητα (+25%), ενώ οι Κινέζοι αγόρασαν 92.474 αυτοκίνητα (-24%). Στον υπόλοιπο κόσμο οι βρετανικές εταιρίες πούλησαν 89.592 αυτοκίνητα (-7%).
Στις σχετικές ειδήσεις, η Jaguar στην CES παρουσίασε μια F-Pace που διαθέτει ένα νέο σύστημα ενημέρωσης και ψυχαγωγίας με νέο γραφικό περιβάλλον. Η Intel έχει βάλει το χεράκι της και εξοπλίζει τα συστήματα του αυτοκινήτου με ασύρματη σύνδεση, που επιτρέπει το όχημα να επικοινωνήσει με άλλες συσκευής της Intel στο έξυπνο σπίτι του κατόχου του αυτοκινήτου, για να ρυθμίσει π.χ την θερμοκρασία του σπιτιού, αλλά και να δει ο οδηγός το κατά πόσο κάποια ηλεκτρονική συσκευή, όπως τηλεοράσεις, είναι σε λειτουργία στο σπίτι, επιτρέποντας του αν θέλει να τις απενεργοποιήσει .
JAGUAR LAND ROVER REPORTS STRONG FULL YEAR GLOBAL SALES FOR 2015
- Jaguar Land Rover delivers best full year global sales retailing 487,065 vehicles in 2015, up 5%
- Sales have more than doubled since 2009
- Land Rover retails over 400,000 vehicles for first time, up 6% year-on-year
- Jaguar delivers strongest full year performance in a decade retailing 83,986 vehicles, up 3% year-on-year
- Record performance in UK, North America and Europe
- Global sales driven by award-winning product portfolio
- New and updated versions across the range
Whitley, Coventry – 8th January, 2016: Jaguar Land Rover, the UK’s leading manufacturer of premium luxury vehicles has achieved its best ever full year global sales performance in 2015, retailing 487,065 vehicles, up 5% on the prior year. This is the company’s 6th successive year of growth in sales, with retails in 2015 more than double the 2009 figure.
Commenting on the full year performance Andy Goss, Jaguar Land Rover Group Sales Operations Director, said: “This has been a significant year for Jaguar Land Rover, with updated models being introduced across the range, as well as the addition to our portfolio of the completely new Jaguar XE and Land Rover Discovery Sport.
“Customer response has been extremely positive, resulting in record retails across UK, North America and Europe. The appeal of our Jaguars and Land Rovers has also been recognised through over 95 global awards in 2015, including 15 for the Land Rover Discovery Sport and 19 for the Jaguar XE alone. 2016 promises to be another exciting year, with the start of sales of the Range Rover Evoque Convertible and the Jaguar F-PACE, along with further all-new and refreshed vehicles.”
Jaguar Land Rover’s global performance for the full year 2015 shows a balanced regional portfolio with record retail sales in UK, North America and Europe. Sales to Europe and UK each topped 100,000 vehicles for the first time ever: Europe was the company’s largest sales region in 2015 with sales of 110,298, up 28% year on year; and with a growth of 21% over 2014 figures, a total of 100,636 Jaguars and Land Rovers were bought by customers in the UK. North American sales of 94,066 were 25% up on the previous year. The growth in these markets offset the performance in China and other overseas markets, at 92,474 and 89,592 down 24% and 7% year-on-year respectively. This reflected local market conditions, model transitions and the impact of the major industrial explosion at the Chinese port of Tianjin in August.
Land Rover retailed over 400,000 vehicles for the first time, with sales of 403,079, 6% up on 2014. The company sold more Range Rovers and Range Rover Sports in 2015 than ever before, on the back of continued strong customer demand. Sales of the new Discovery Sport beginning in early 2015 have increased to over 10,000 per month, second only to the best-selling Range Rover Evoque.
Jaguar sales were up 3% for the year, retailing 83,986 vehicles. This was the brand’s strongest full-year performance in a decade, driven by sales of the Jaguar XF and the new Jaguar XE, which has recently been shortlisted for the European Car of The Year 2016. The recently launched all new lightweight aluminium Jaguar XF and 16 Model Year XJ , together with the launch in 2016 of the new Jaguar XE in North America and the F-PACE performance crossover worldwide are expected to accelerate Jaguar sales growth.
2015 was also a significant year for the expansion of the company’s manufacturing footprint to support continued growth, most recently with the announcement that Jaguar Land Rover will be the first British carmaker to open a manufacturing facility in Slovakia. 2015 saw significant progress with the construction of Jaguar Land Rover’s first manufacturing plant in Brazil; local production of the Land Rover Discovery Sport will commence there in 2016. During the year the company announced the doubling of the size of its UK Engine Manufacturing Centre and confirmed that it had agreed a manufacturing partnership with Magna Steyr to build some future vehicles in Graz, Austria. In March 2015, Jaguar Land Rover reaffirmed its long-term commitment to the UK, with confirmation of a £600 million investment across its Castle Bromwich Advanced Manufacturing Plant, Whitley Advanced Design and Development Centre and the National Automotive Innovation Centre to support product creation and advanced vehicle manufacturing. These mark significant steps in Jaguar Land Rover’s strategy to become a truly global business and meet the growing international demand for its two iconic brands.
Notes to editors:
- Over the past five years, Jaguar Land Rover has doubled sales, more than tripled turnover, and invested over £11 billion in new product creation and capital expenditure;
- The company’s headcount has more than doubled over the past few years to 37,000 globally, of which 35,000 are in the UK;
- With a balanced regional distribution of sales, in 2014, Jaguar Land Rover sold 462,678 vehicles, up 9%. Of that, Jaguar sold 81,570 vehicles and Land Rover sold 381,108 vehicles;
- For Fiscal 2014 / 15, Jaguar Land Rover reported full year revenue of £21.9 billion, EBITDA of £4.1 billion and Profit Before Tax of £2.6 billion;
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest over £3 billion in its products and facilities in Fiscal 2015 /16
- Jaguar Land Rover has four manufacturing facilities in the UK:
- Castle Bromwich is home to the Jaguar XF, Jaguar XJ and Jaguar F-TYPE, employing 3,500 people;
- Halewood is home to the Range Rover Evoque and Land Rover Discovery Sport, employing 4,500 people;
- Solihull is home to the Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Land Rover Discovery, Land Rover Defender and the Jaguar XE, employing 9,000 people;
- The Engine Manufacturing Centre is home to the ‘Ingenium’ engine family, starting with the 2.0 litre diesel in the Jaguar XE. It will employ 1,400 people.
- Jaguar Land Rover’s top 5 markets in 2015 were:
- A number of individual markets had record sales figures in 2015, including:
- UK and USA