Η Mitsubishi ανακοίνωσε ότι ξεκίνησε τη κατασκευή του Mirage που παρουσιάστηκε στην έκθεση του Τόκιο τον Νοέμβριο του 2011. Το Mirage, βασίζεται στο e-compact Concept Global Small που είδαμε τον Μάρτιο του 2011 στη Γενεύη και είναι ένα 5-θυρο αυτοκίνητο το οποίο στοχεύει στις αναδυόμενες αγορές και μηχανικά φορά έναν 1.000αρη τρικύλινδρο MIVEC κινητήρα με σύστημα Start/Stop και κιβώτιο CVT έχοντας μέση κατανάλωση 3.33 λίτρων/100 χλμ. Το αυτοκίνητο θα πωλείται σε όλο τον κόσμο και στην Ταιλάνδη φορά τον 1.2-λίτρων MIVEC κινητήρα που καταναλώνει 4.54 λίτρα/100 χλμ.
Παράλληλα η Mitsubishi ανακοίνωσε ότι θα διπλασιάσει την παραγωγή του εργοστασίου του Ιλλινόις στην Αμερική ώστε να καλύψει την ζήτηση του ASX στις αγορές της Ρωσίας και της Λατινικής Αμερικής. Επίσης ανακοίνωσε ότι σταδιακά θα σταματήσει τη παραγωγή του Galant, αφού δεν προβλέπεται αντικαταστάτης του.
[Πηγή: Mitsubishi, Reuters]
[learn_more caption=”Δελτίο Τύπου”]
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation Begins Sale of the Mirage in Thailand
– JUMP 2013 strategy focusing on emerging markets comes alive –
Bangkok, March 20, 2012-Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) announced it will sell its all-new Mirage “global compact car” in Thailand starting from March 28 today.
The Mirage is a “global compact car” developed under a revolutionary concept that fulfills the both the needs of incredibly-growing emerging markets as an entry-level car and eco-conscious advanced markets with its superior environmental performance. The Mirage will be made at a brand-new third factory at Mitsubishi Motors Thailand’s (MMTh) Laem Chabang Plant; the largest MMC plant outside of Japan. The Mirage will first be sold in Thailand, followed by ASEAN countries, Japan, Europe, then expand to other markets successively.
Mr. Osamu Masuko, President of MMC, noted just before a ceremony marking the event in Thailand “I am pleased to present the Mirage first in Thailand. The Mirage is an all-new compact car focused on premium fuel efficiency and low CO2 emissions just right for the times where demand for superior fuel efficiency and eco-friendliness are increasing all over the world. I would like to personally thank the Thai government for their promotion of their Eco-car Program, allowing us the chance to bolster our Thai operations. After Thailand, the Mirage will be exported to ASEAN countries, then gradually make its way around the world.”
The Mirage’s Product Features:
- Delivers fuel efficiency and low CO2 emissions that are among the best in its class thanks to its all-new MIVEC*1 engine and thoroughly reduced aerodynamic resistance and rolling resistance.
- Provides nimble handling inherent to a compact car while utilizing high-efficiency packaging to maintain interior space for five adults.
- Optimization of the body structure and more extensive use of high-tensile strength panel make the vehicle some seven percent*2 lighter than a usual car for its class, contributing to better fuel economy. The Mirage uses Mitsubishi’s impact-resistant RISE*3 body, which absorbs and distributes impact force to deliver high levels of occupant safety.
- High level of quality through MMDS (Mitsubishi Motors Development System), a comprehensive quality management system that sets and assesses/evaluates the achievement of specific performance benchmarks within each stage of operations from vehicle planning, sales and after-sales services, and MMPW (Mitsubishi Motors Production Way), a unified global quality assurance framework.
- In addition, prior to production, MMC has seasoned inspectors from its Japanese factories stationed in Thailand to inspect manufactured units at the new third factory in order to make sure that the same quality standards from its Japanese factories are reached.
*1: Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control system
*2: Weight ratio calculated by applying ratio of high-tensile steel used in the Colt to the Mirage.
*3: Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution
The Thai-market Mirage will be equipped with a 1.2L MIVEC engine that delivers fuel efficiency of 22km/L*4, among the best in its class, and above the Thai government’s requirements for “eco-car” certification*5. The Thai-market Mirage will be priced between THB 380,000 to 551,000 depending on trim level, and plans are to sell 2,500 units per month in Thailand.
*4: Calculated internally using ECE R101 Rev.01 Combine Mode.
*5: Qualifications: based on European calculation methods, more that 5L/100KM (20km/L), reach EURO4 exhaust gas regulations, invest THB5 billion into production in Thailand, and produce 100,000 units per year after the fifth year of production.
MMC announced its JUMP 2013 three-year business plan in January of 2011, and one of the pillars of the plan calls for putting operating resources into emerging markets. Among “emerging markets,” MMC puts particular emphasis on strengthening its operating base in the ASEAN region. The production and worldwide export of the Mirage from Thailand is an important tactic that embodies this strategy. Moving forward, MMC will continue to aggressively bolster its operations in high-potential emerging markets.
•Overview of Mitsubishi Motors Thailand (MMTh)
Office Address: 88 Moo 11 Phaholyothin Road, Klongneung, Klongluang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
Laem Chabang Plant: 199 Moo 3, Laemchabang Industrial Estates, Tungsukhla, Sriracha, Chonburi 20230, Thailand
President: Mr. Nobuyuki Murahashi
Capital: THB 7,000,000
Number of Employees: 6,400
Date of Establishment: January 1987
lFactory No.1: Lancer, Lancer EX, Pajero Sport
Factory No.2: Triton (L200)
Factory No.3: Mirage
Production Volume: 199,760 units (FY2010, 16.8% of MMC’s total production volume)
Cumulative YTD Production Volume: 2,360,000 units (as of February 2012)