Δεν πέρασαν παρά μόλις 2 μήνες, από τότε που η Suzuki παρουσίασε το Alto Turbo RS concept στο Tokyo Auto Salon και σήμερα η Ιαπωνική εταιρία ανακοίνωσε την έκδοση παραγωγής του. Το Alto Turbo RS βασίζεται στην 8η γενιά του Alto έχοντας επιθετικό bodykit με νέους προφυλακτήρες, side skirts και αεροτομή, εξοπλίζεται με ζάντες ελαφρού κράματος 15 ιντσών με ελαστικά διαστάσεων 165/55, διαθέτει γραφικά, κόκκινες και χρωμιομένες λεπτομέρειες
Κάτω από το καπό του βρίσκεται ένας τρικύλινδρος, υπερτροφοδοτούμενος βενζινοκινητήρας με χωρητικότητα 660 κ.εκ. απόδοσης 64 ίππων με 98 Nm ροπής, με την Suzuki να υποστηρίζει πως έχει μειώσει κατά 20% το turbo lag σε σχέση με τον κινητήρα του απλού Alto. Ο κινητήρας συνδυάζεται με ένα 5-τάχυτο αυτόματο κιβώτιο ταχυτήτων, με το Alto Turbo RS να φορά πιο σκληρή ανάρτηση, να διαθέτει αναθεωρημένο σύστημα διεύθυνσης, 13″ δίσκους μπροστά και bucket καθίσματα με ενσωματωμένα προσκέφαλα.
Ζυγίζει 670 κιλά (720 κιλά στην τετρακίνητη έκδοση), έχοντας αρχική τιμή τα 1.293.840 γιεν (€10.080) στην δικίνητη έκδοση και τα 1.405.080 γιεν (€10.950) στην τετρακίνητη.
[learn_more caption=”Δελτίο Τύπου”]
Suzuki launches the all-new Alto Turbo RS minicar in Japan
Suzuki Motor Corporation has launched the all-new Alto Turbo RS minicar in Japan on 11 March, 2015. Alto Turbo RS is a minicar that has pursued sporty, brisk driving and fun of maneuvering a car.
Based on the all-new Alto, which has largely raised its basic performance such as by the adoption of a newly-developed platform, the all-new Alto Turbo RS was developed, aiming for the “authentic driving with excitement and enjoyment”.
Coupled with Auto Gear Shift (AGS) equipped with paddle shift, the enhanced turbo engine that realizes strong acceleration is installed on a body with increased rigidity.
Plus, it has realized crisp and pleasant driving while combining high driving performance and agile ride, by equipping specially-tuned suspensions and brakes, special front seat, etc.
It is designed to feel the driving performance by the exterior accented with plating and red colors, along with special decoration to increase its presence, and red color effectively used on the black-based interior that gives a sharp image.
Also, it has great utility for everyday use by making advanced safety technologies such as the Radar Brake Support collision-mitigation braking system as standard equipment, while keeping the comfortable cabin space and user-friendliness of the all-new Alto.
Main features of the all-new Alto Turbo RS
- Authentic driving that provides excitement and enjoyment
- Designed to feel its driving performance
- Utility for everyday use
Features of the all-new Alto Turbo RS
1. Authentic driving that provides excitement and enjoyment
Turbo engine that realizes strong, exciting acceleration performance
- – Installed with enhanced R06A intake VVT turbo engine that realizes strong acceleration.
- – Increased low-to-mid speed torque and maximum torque owing to the adoption of high-tumble intake port and high-efficiency turbo charger.
- *Maximum torque (net): 98Nm <10.0kgm>/3,000rpm
- – Increased response of turbocharging by suppressing the turbo lag by approximately 20%*1.
- *1 Comparison between the conventional R06A intake VVT turbo engine.
AGS equipped with paddle shift to realize direct driving and enjoy sport driving
- – AGS is tuned for pleasant shift feel by speeding the shift timing.
- – Equipped with five-speed paddle shift to enjoy sport driving.
Body that realized higher rigidity by making special reinforcement
- – Increased torsional rigidity of the body by approximately 5%*2 such as by equipping a strut bar and high-rigidity front bumper member, and thickening the cowl front panel.
- – Increased maneuvering stability and responsiveness by making effective extra spot welding in the rear of the body.
- *2 Comparison between the all-new Alto.
Specially-tuned suspensions and brakes
- – Specially-tuned suspensions aimed for ease of operation that makes linear response to the steering operations, stability that can handle sporty driving, and agile, flat ride.
- – Special KYB shock absorber that features damping force that combines ride quality and maneuvering stability.
- – 13-inch ventilated front disk brakes that realize sporty brake feeling with stability.
- – Newly-developed 15-inch radial tires (POTENZA RE050A) that combines maneuvering stability and handling response.
Special front seat with increased hold
- – Adopted special front seat with increased support by making changes to its shape to ensure support during sporty driving, etc.
2. Designed to feel its driving performance
Exterior design with increased presence
- – Plated headlamp garnish, front bumper upper garnish, back door garnish, and rear bumper garnish.
- – Red front bumper lower garnish, colored door mirror, roof end spoiler, and rear bumper lower garnish.
- – Discharged headlamp and multi-reflector halogen fog lamp
- – Side under spoiler
- – Body side decal “TURBO RS”
- – Machined and black-painted 15-inch aluminum wheel
- – Three colors of Pearl White, Pure Red, and Bluish Black Pearl 3
Interior design that increases the expectation towards its driving
- – Red-stitched genuine leather steering wheel
- – Red air-conditioner side and center louvers
- – Red-stitched shift boots and silver-decorated shift nob
- – Plated inside door handle
- – Piano-black-based center garnish and front door arm rest
- – Multi-function meter with a tachometer
- – Red-stitched fabric seat skin
3. Utility for everyday use
Combination of strong driving and fuel efficiency
- – Achieved fuel efficiency of 25.6km/L* (2WD) by adopting Engine Auto Stop Start System (during a complete stop), in addition to AGS coupled with turbo engine with excellent acceleration performance.
- *Measured in the JC08 test cycle and verified by Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism.
Comfortable cabin space and user-friendliness
- – Inherited the same functional, comfortable cabin space and user-friendliness as the all-new Alto.
- – Standard equipment of seat heater on the driver’s seat. (4WD variant is equipped on both front seats)
- – In addition to a normal heater, the 4WD variant is equipped with PTC (Positive Temperature Coefficient) heater that can send warm air during cold condition such as right after the engine start, by directly warming the air that passes through the air-conditioning unit with electricity.
- – Standard equipment of ECO-COOL that sends cold air during engine stop to endure comfort of the cabin.
- – Adopted a seat pocket behind the front passenger’s seat, in addition to the same storage space as the all-new Alto.
Installed advanced safety technologies including the Radar Brake Support
- – Standard equipment of Radar Brake Support collision-mitigation braking system, unintended start control system, emergency stop signal, and ESP(R) (Electronic Stability Program).
- *ESP is a registered trademark of Daimler AG.
- – Adopted TECT (Total Effective Control Technology) body structure, a lightweight impact-absorbing frame that effectively absorbs and disperses impact energy.