H Mazda αποκάλυψε σήμερα την ανανεωμένη έκδοση του Mazda2 στην Ιαπωνία, όπου εκεί ονομάζεται Demio. Το ανανεωμένο Mazda2, εκτός από την ανανέωση που του έχει γίνει στιλιστικά, είναι το πρώτο μοντέλο παραγωγής των Ιαπώνων που φορά τον νέο SKYACTIV-G κινητήρα 1.3-λίτρων ο οποίος αποδίδει 84 άλογα με 112 Nm ροπής και έχει μέση κατανάλωση μόλις 3.3 λίτρων/100 χλμ. Ο βενζινοκινητήρας είναι ατμοσφαιρικός, έχει συμπίεση 14.0:1 και διαθέτει σύστημα Start/Stop.
Ο κινητήρας διαθέτει το σύστημα ψύξης EGR το οποίο βοηθά να μειώνονται τα πυράκια, μπεκ με πολλές οπές τα οποία βοηθούν στην ψύξη του θαλάμου καύσης, ειδικά σχεδιασμένα πιστόνια, διπλό διαδοχικό χρονισμό βαλβίδων και ελαφρύτερα εσωτερικά στοιχεία για μειωμένες τριβές. Περισσότερες λεπτομέρειες στις φωτογραφίες και στο δελτίο τύπου που ακολουθεί.
[learn_more caption=”Δελτίο Τύπου”]
Pre-Orders Start for Facelifted Mazda Demio in Japan
– SKYACTIV-G 1.3 engine delivers driving pleasure at outstanding 30.0km/L fuel economy –
HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation has updated its mainstay Demio compact car for the Japanese market. Mazda began taking pre-orders today for the facelifted Mazda Demio (known overseas as the Mazda2) at all Mazda, Mazda Anfini and Mazda Autozam dealers throughout Japan. Manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (including taxes) range from 1,149,000 yen to 1,621,750 yen. The sales launch is scheduled for June 30, 2011.
The updated Demio offers enhanced levels of driving pleasure and a more comfortable ride feel. Additionally, the brand new “13-SKYACTIV” model grade delivers both a linear and pleasing ride and outstanding fuel economy of 30.0km/L (10-15 mode test cycle) or 25.0km/L (Japan’s new JC08 test cycle).
The Demio is the first model to feature Mazda’s breakthrough SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY*1. The 13-SKYACTIV model grade is powered by the newly-developed 1.3-liter direct injection “SKYACTIV-G 1.3” gasoline engine, which achieves exceptional efficiency thanks to the world’s highest*2 compression ratio of 14.0:1. It is also the first Demio to feature Mazda’s unique idling stop system, i-stop, which has been updated to operate more frequently. The improved i-stop also requires less fuel to restart, and achieves a smoother, almost instantaneous restart. With the combination of the SKYACTIV-G 1.3 engine, i-stop and other innovative technologies, the Demio 13-SKYACTIV delivers outstanding environmental performance.
Additionally, the 13-SKYACTIV also features “intelligent-Drive Master” (i-DM), the world’s first driver aid that supports enjoyable driving while encouraging a driving style that enhances passenger comfort and improves fuel economy. The i-DM display on the dashboard indicates the driver’s inputs at the controls in real time, and provides an overall score and practical advice at the end of each trip.
The new 13-SKYACTIV model has an extensive list of standard features, including i-stop, i-DM, Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), Traction Control System (TCS) and exclusive 14-inch alloy wheels. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price starts from 1,400,000 yen (including taxes).
Manufacturer’s suggested retail prices
(*price of the model in the attached photo)
|Grade||Drive||Engine type||Transmission||Price (yen)
|13-SKYACTIV||FWD||1300 DOHC DISI*4（i-stop）||CVT||1,400,000*||75%|
- – The prices listed above are scheduled prices as of June 9, 2011.
- – The exterior body color range consists of 11 colors. Aquatic Blue Mica is exclusive to the 13-SKYACTIV model grade. If the special body color Crystal White Pearl Mica is selected, the price increases by 31,500 yen (including tax).
- *1 SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY is the umbrella term for Mazda’s range of next-generation technologies – including gasoline and diesel engines, transmissions, and a new body and chassis – that are being developed under Mazda’s Sustainable Zoom-Zoom vision to provide driving pleasure balanced with outstanding environmental and safety performance.
- *2 Among 1.3-liter mass-production vehicles(as of May 2011, Mazda data)
- *3 Japan’s eco-car tax reduction program
- *4 Direct Injection Spark Ignition
- *5 CVT with 7-speed manual mode
Main features of the Mazda Demio
1. Breakthrough engine technologies that achieve 30.0km/L (10-15 mode) or 25.0km/L (JC08)
The newly developed 1.3-liter direct injection SKYACTIV-G 1.3 gasoline engine is highly efficient thanks to the world’s highest*6 compression ratio of 14.0:1. The model grade equipped with this engine, the Mazda Demio 13-SKYACTIV, offers exceptional fuel economy of 30.0km/L (10-15 mode) or 25.0km/L (JC08).
- A cooled EGR*7 system cools part of the exhaust gas and returns it to the combustion chamber in order to suppress knocking.
- Newly developed multi-hole fuel injectors with six injection nozzles effectively suppress knocking by using the latent heat of vaporization to cool the combustion chambers.
- Specially designed piston cavities prevent the flame coming in contact with the piston heads to reduce the combustion time and decrease cooling losses.
- Mazda’s first dual sequential valve timing system (dual S-VT with electronically-operated intake) contributes to high power output and low fuel consumption.
- Reduced mechanical friction in the engine – due to lighter pistons, conrods and other parts, and low-tension piston rings – decreases energy loss.
- An updated version of Mazda’s idling stop system, i-stop, operates with a higher frequency, requires less fuel to restart, and achieves a smoother restart.
2. A high-quality and comfortable driving feel that enhances enjoyment
An improved driving feel provides a balance of precise controllability, high-speed stability and a comfortable ride feel.
The Demio 13-SKYACTIV model grade delivers a linear and pleasing ride. Drivers can enjoy a sense of Toitsukan, where one vehicle movement flows smoothly into the next, whether running, turning or stopping.
- All grades offer a more comfortable ride and enhanced stability thanks to increased body rigidity, retuned dampers, and improved bush characteristics for the rear trailing arm mounts.
- The 13-SKYACTIV model grade uses drive force control that optimizes torque delivery from the engine and continuously variable transmission (CVT). It responds precisely to slight movements of the accelerator pedal to provide the desired level of acceleration for smooth and linear vehicle movement.
- The 13-SKYACTIV model grade uses aero parts – including an engine under cover and rear roof spoiler – to control airflow above and below the body. It achieves a top class drag coefficient (Cd) of 0.29, and improved fuel economy and stability when driving at high speed.
3. “intelligent-Drive Master” (i-DM): the world’s first driver aid that improves driving style and fuel economy
Mazda’s newly developed i-DM supports enjoyable driving while encouraging a driving style that enhances passenger comfort and improves fuel economy. Equipped on the 13-SKYACTIV model grade, the i-DM monitors the movement of the steering wheel and accelerator and brake pedals and vehicle speed. It displays a real-time evaluation of the driver’s driving style using a gauge and colored lights on the dashboard. At the end of each trip, the system provides a driving score and advice. The score from each trip is used to calculate a driving skill level, from Stage 1 to Stage 3. By progressing through the stages, drivers can feel that their driving skills are improving.
4. Sporty and high-quality design
Mazda’s new family face, a five-point grille used throughout the lineup, enhances the sporty look of the front design. Inside, the design of the seats and other parts has been updated to create a higher quality feel. Additionally, the 13-SKYACTIV model grade has exclusive design features, including a blue metallic engine cover, blue headlight rings and an exclusive rear badge, that reflect the pure and clean concept of Mazda’s breakthrough SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY.
- Premium seat upholstery, a black meter panel, silver instrument panel garnish and other new features improve the quality feel and visual appeal.
- The 13-SKYACTIV model grade is equipped with exclusive 14-inch alloy wheels, and newly designed 16-inch alloy wheels are equipped on the SPORT model grade.
- A choice of 11 exterior body colors is available, including two new colors, Aquatic Blue Mica (exclusive to the 13-SKYACTIV model grade) and Burgundy Red Mica.
- All grades are newly equipped with a trip computer that displays information such as real time fuel economy and average fuel economy.
- The 15C (with CVT), 13C-V and 13C (with a four-speed electronically-controlled automatic transmission) model grades feature Mazda’s eco-lamp.
5. Outstanding safety features
The facelifted Mazda Demio comes with enhanced safety equipment. Advanced active safety features complement passive safety features, such as Mazda’s Advanced Impact-energy Distribution and Absorption System, that provide high-level protection in the event of a collision.
- The Sport, 15C, 13C-V and 13C (with e-4WD) model grades are newly equipped with a three-point seatbelt and headrest on the second-row center seat as standard equipment*8.
- The 13-SKYACTIV model grade features Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and Mazda’s Traction Control System (TCS).
- In the 13-SKYACTIV model grade, the DSC is built into the electronically-controlled brake-assist system.
6. Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
Mazda records and analyses the vehicle data necessary to perform a vehicle Life Cycle Assessment (LCA). The facelifted Mazda Demio will produce 11 percent less carbon dioxide (CO2), 6 percent less nitrous oxide (NOx), 5 percent fewer non-methane hydrocarbons (NMHC), and 7 percent less sulphur oxide (SOx) over its lifetime than the previous model.