H Ford παρουσίασε την ειδική έκδοση Harley-Davidson για το F-150. Το φορτηγάκι είναι διαθέσιμο σε δύο χρώματα Tuxedo Black και White Platinum Tri-Coat και διαθέτει νέα γρίλια με 6 στοιχεία, σκουρόχρωμα φωτιστικά σώματα, ειδικά γραφικά και αλουμινένιες ζάντες 22″.
Στο εσωτερικό ξεχωρίζουν τα δερμάτινα θερμαινόμενα καθίσματα, τα γυαλιστερά διακοσμητικά, το σύστημα πλοήγησης, η μεγάλη ηλιοροφή, τα αλουμινένια μαρσπιέ και το λογότυπο της Harley-Davidson στην κεντρική κονσόλα.
Μηχανικά φορά τον V8 6.2-λίτρων απόδοσης 417 ίππων με 588 Nm ροπής. Συνδυάζεται με ένα 6-τάχυτο αυτόματο κιβώτιο ενώ στον επιπλέον εξοπλισμό είναι διαθέσιμη και τετρακίνηση. Επιδόσεις δεν έδωσε η Ford πέραν του ότι το F-150 μπορεί να μεταφέρει έως και 3.402 κιλά.
2012 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 Offers the Ultimate in Performance, Style with New Features, Class-Leading Power
- 2012 Ford Harley-DavidsonTM F-150 offers distinctive new design enhancements with snakeskin leather interior accents and unique bodyside graphic. Also new for 2012 are 22-inch machined-aluminum wheels with painted accents and unique center cap as well as a new premium exterior color choice – White Platinum Tri-Coat
- Standard content includes the voice-activated Navigation System, a 4.2-inch productivity screen, power moonroof and Remote Start System
- The truck is powered by a 6.2-liter V8 gasoline engine, which uses big-bore architecture to deliver a best-in-class 411 horsepower and 434 lb.-ft. of torque and provides maximum trailer towing capability of 7,500 pounds
STURGIS, S.D., Aug. 9, 2011- The 2012 Ford Harley-DavidsonTM F-150 delivers on the custom cool design that the lineup has been known for, with new snakeskin leather interior accents, a new stylized bodyside graphic and a new wheel and premium paint color. Combine that with a standard 6.2-liter V8 engine and plenty of technology, and it delivers power, capability and style like no other.
“This is a great pairing of two icons of the open road: Ford and Harley-Davidson. Both brands appeal to truck owners and motorcycle enthusiasts alike,” said Marc Lapine, Ford F-150 marketing manager. “For 2012 we worked with Harley-Davidson to continue to push the styling envelope while still delivering the durability and power that F-150 is known for and that our collective customers expect. It perfectly captures both brands.”
The successful collaboration between Ford and Harley-Davidson has produced 10 F-150 models, as well as six Super Duty F-250 and F-350 models, and in 2009 the first Harley-Davidson F-450 edition truck. Ford has sold more than 70,000 Ford Harley-Davidson F-Series trucks since the brands teamed up in 1999.
Design in the details The exterior of the 2012 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 offers a bold front fascia and six-bar billet-style bright chrome grille, and it boasts “Harley-Davidson” bright chrome badging. The truck also has a lowered appearance with a standard, fully integrated deployable running board.
Also standard are new 22-inch machined-aluminum wheels with painted accents and Harley-Davidson bar and shield logo on center cap. The paint selection is classic Harley-Davidson – Tuxedo Black and White Platinum Tri-Coat; this is the first year white has been offered.
New graphics on the bodyside of the truck are executed in a unique snakeskin texture, while “Harley-Davidson” dimensional lettering is featured on the box side. The snakeskin is inspired by tank inserts on premium-level Harley-Davidson motorcycles and also comes into play on the interior.
“This is the first time we’ve captured the full spectrum of light to dark on the exterior,” said Mike Massara, F-150 program manager. “The graphic flows and accents the design curve of the truck, yet brings the texture of the snakeskin into the vehicle, which is something that’s very difficult to do.”
Interior trim panels are covered in high-gloss Tuxedo Black paint, while the console lid and upper steering wheel carry the snakeskin leather. The scuff plate features brushed aluminum with snakeskin texture. All interior chrome surfaces feature a satin finish. Premium snakeskin leather-trimmed seats come with accent color inserts and unique cloisonné badge.
The 2012 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 interior is customized to appeal to the truck buyer who appreciates the attention to detail for which both Ford and Harley-Davidson are renowned.
Examples are the seats and the console lid featuring handmade cloisonné badges that are produced by the same company that makes badges for Harley-Davidson motorcycles; the console has limited-edition serialization plates, which include laser-engraved VIN and build numbers.
Nearly every member of the Harley-Davidson F-150 team at Ford is a Harley-Davidson owner.
Superior convenience The 2012 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 offers plenty of technology options to meet customer needs. Key to helping customers take advantage of all the capability offered by the Harley-Davidson F-150 is a standard 4.2-inch LCD (liquid crystal display) productivity screen.
This screen offers a range of menu options, giving the customer important information on everything from fuel economy to towing performance. The menu is navigated through a five-way button on the steering wheel; the screen is positioned between the tachometer and speedometer.
Additionally, the 2012 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 comes equipped with a standard voice-activated Navigation System that integrates several functions, including voice-recognition destination entry, climate control and SiriusXM Satellite Radio into one easy-to-use system, displaying them on an 8-inch touch screen.
For the customer who wants more control of transmission gear selection, SelectShift AutomaticTM transmission functionality is standard. A toggle switch located on the console shift lever engages the mode, where the transmission doesn’t second-guess the driver, giving total control over gear selection and performance feel.
Other standard features on the 2012 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 include:
- Power moonroof
- Rear view camera
- Second-row heated seats
- Ambient lighting
- Remote Start System
- 110-volt power inverter
- Power-adjustable performance pedals
Potent power Ford tapped into a bit of its proud racing heritage to create the 6.2-liter V8 gasoline engine, which uses big-bore architecture to produce impressive horsepower and torque. The gasoline engine delivers a best-in-class 411 horsepower and 434 lb.-ft. of torque and provides maximum trailer towing capability of 7,500 pounds.
Customer benefits of the 6.2-liter V8 gasoline engine include:
- SOHC valvetrain with roller-rocker shafts: The single overhead camshaft (SOHC) per cylinder head design results in a stiff valvetrain that allows optimized camshaft lift profiles and results in great low-speed torque. The roller-rocker shafts allow valve angles to be splayed, resulting in optimized intake and exhaust port layout for better breathing
- Dual-equal variable cam timing: Intake and exhaust valve opening and closing events are phased at the same time to optimize fuel efficiency and performance throughout the engine speed range and throttle positions
- Two spark plugs per cylinder: Due to the large bore size, two spark plugs per cylinder are used to more efficiently burn the fuel-air mixture in the combustion chamber, enabling better fuel economy and increased engine torque. The twin plugs also help the engine maintain a smooth, stable idle
- Dual knock sensors: A knock sensor on each bank of cylinders of the V8 engine allows the spark timing of each cylinder to be individually optimized real-time, throughout the engine speed range. The engine learns the optimum timing via an adaptive algorithm
F-Series firsts Harley-Davidson F-Series trucks have continuously been pushing the envelope of innovation, bringing a variety of features to F-Series for the first time, including:
- 20-inch wheels
- 22-inch wheels
- Wet-on-wet paint
- Badges as interior ornamentation
- All-wheel drive
- Power deployable running boards
- High-gloss painted interior