H Ford ανακοίνωσε ότι το C-MAX Energi είναι το πιο αποδοτικό plug-in υβριδικό στην Αμερική αφού έχει μέση κατανάλωση 108 MPG στη πόλη και 100 MPGe μικρό κύκλο. Η μονάδα μέτρησης MPGe σημαίνει Miles Per Gallon equivalent και ισοδυναμεί σε κατανάλωση 1 γαλονιού ανά 100 μιλιά.
H Ford δηλώνει ότι ο ιδιοκτήτης του, μέσα σε 5 χρόνια, θα εξοικονομήσει περίπου 7.000 δολάρια σε καύσιμα, είναι κατά 5 MPGe πιο οικονομικό από το Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid και με τιμή $29.995 είναι το πιο φθηνό plug-in υβριδικό που πωλείται στην Αμερική.
Ford C-MAX Energi Rated America’s Most Fuel-Efficient Plug-in Hybrid at 108 MPGe; Saves Customers $7,000 in Fuel Costs
- The C-MAX Energi is America’s most fuel-efficient plug-in hybrid with U.S. EPA-certified 108 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) in the city
- C-MAX Energi achieves a best-in-class combined EPA-certified rating of 100 MPGe, topping the Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid combined rating by 5 MPGe, which the EPA says will help customers save nearly $7,000 in fuel costs in five years
- A Californian facing record $5-per-gallon gasoline and turning in an average 23-mpg vehicle for a C-MAX Energi would pay the equivalent of $1.25 per gallon for the same distances traveled
- At $29,995, the C-MAX Energi is America’s most affordable plug-in hybrid; available this fall, C-MAX Energi is Ford’s first production plug-in hybrid, part of Ford’s first hybrid-only dedicated line of vehicles
- SYNC® with MyFord Touch® offers multiple ways – including voice commands – for customers to manage and control their phone, navigation, entertainment and climate functions. Plug-in hybrids and all-electric models have additional options for monitoring information like battery state of charge
- MyFord Mobile, available for C-MAX Energi in early 2013, enables access via smartphone or Web-based interface to perform key tasks, such as monitoring a vehicle’s state of charge and current range or locating charge stations and planning routes to find them
- SmartGauge® with EcoGuide provides in-vehicle customizable displays, including instantaneous fuel economy readings and coaching functions to help drivers understand and optimize their fuel efficiency
- ECO Cruise saves vehicle energy by relaxing acceleration compared to standard cruise control
- EV mode button – conveniently mounted in the center stack – allows a driver to switch vehicle operation between three modes: all-electric, normal hybrid operation, conserve battery power for later use
- Regenerative braking is capable of capturing and reusing more than 95 percent of the braking energy normally lost during the braking process
- Hybrid transmission, designed by Ford engineers in-house, is capable of operating at high speeds and in a smooth, fuel-efficient manner at the same time
- Advanced Lithium-ion batteries used in Ford’s electrified vehicle lineup – covered by an eight-year/100,000-mile component warranty – are smaller and lighter than nickel metal hybrid batteries used in previous generation hybrids
- Charge portwith LED light ring(for electric and plug-in vehicles) is conveniently located on the driver’s side and near the front of the car and features a light ring that illuminates to indicate charge status