Στην έκθεση της Νέας Υόρκης η Mitsubishi παρουσίασε την αμερικάνικη έκδοση του Mirage. Θα ξεκινήσει τις πωλήσεις του μέσα στο 2013 και έχει αεροδυναμικό συντελεστή 0,28 Cd. Είναι διαθέσιμο με 2 πακέτα εξοπλισμού και μηχανικά φορά τον τρικύλινδρο 1.200αρη κινητήρα απόδοσης 74 ίππων με 100 Nm ροπής που συνδυάζεται είτε με ένα 5-τάχυτο μηχανικό είτε με ένα CVT κιβώτιο ταχυτήτων.
2014 Mitsubishi Mirage
Making a triumphant return to the North American marketplace, the all-new 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage 5-door sub-compact is the most fuel-efficient non-hybrid gasoline vehicle available in America.
With a manufacturer-estimated fuel economy of 40 mpg combined/37 mpg city/44 mpg highway (CVT-equipped model; pending EPA fuel mileage rating), the all-new Mirage is an affordable and stylish hatchback with best-in-class fuel efficiency.
The all-new Mirage provides eager acceleration in urban stop-and-go driving along with exemplary highway fuel economy. What’s more, an ECO indicator illuminates to let the driver know when they are driving in a manner that allows for utmost fuel efficiency.
Standard safety features included at no cost on this fuel-sipping 5-door subcompact consist of a comprehensive seven (7) airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) including dual front air bags, dual front seat-mounted side-impact air bags, dual side-impact curtain air bags, and a driver’s knee airbag; Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS); 4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD); and Brake Assist. Hill Start Assist (HSA) is also standard on all continuously-variable transmission-equipped (CVT) models.
Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL) is also included on all models. The ASC/TCL helps stabilize the vehicle when it detects skidding and/or when the system detects a loss of traction on slippery road surfaces.
Mitsubishi Motors engineers have fortified the all-new Mirage 5-door with an additional level of driver and passenger protection (the Mirage has seating for 5) in the event of a collision by incorporating the most advanced form of Mitsubishi’s RISE (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution) impact-absorbing safety cell technology ever. The patented RISE system utilizes a body structure with an impact energy-absorbing front end along with an abundant use of high tensile steel in key areas throughout the platform.
Furthermore, the stylish exterior of the all-new 2014 Mirage was penned using computer-aided design (CAD) software to maximize the 5-door’s aerodynamic efficiency for a low 0.28 coefficient of drag. This advanced design/emphasis on aerodynamic efficiency is clearly exhibited in the carefully sculpted corners of the rear bumper and the way the hood gently flows into the A-pillars.
To add a touch of vibrancy to Mirage’s dynamic exterior styling, four fun and eye-catching colors will be available in addition to the traditional selection of White Solid, Black Mica, Silver Metallic, and Gray Mica.
Standard electric power steering (EPS) further aids the fuel efficiency cause while providing the driver with communicative steering feel as well as the sharpest turning radius (15.1 feet) in the class.
The entry-level Mitsubishi Mirage DE packs a long list of standard amenities. Among these features are tilt steering; automatic climate control; power windows with driver’s side auto-up/down; power side mirrors; body-colored side mirrors, door handles and tailgate handle, a convenient 60/40 split folding rear seat; keyless entry with panic alarm; variable intermittent wipers; a sporty rear spoiler and a dynamic sounding 4 speaker 140-watt AM/FM/CD/MP3 with USB/iPod® input.
Every Mirage variant also features thoughtful interior design touches including ergonomically designed driver controls and instrument panel as well as upscale-looking rich high-gloss piano black trim for the center console.
An especially welcome interior design feature is the 60/40 split folding rear seat that allows for plentiful and easily accessed interior cargo volume.
The upmarket Mirage ES model features all of the welcome content on the DE while adding eye-catching 14-inch aluminum alloy wheels; front fog lamps; leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob; F.A.S.T. (Free-hand Advanced Security Transmitter)-Key passive entry; One-Touch Start/Stop (OSS) engine switch; steering wheel-mounted audio controls; cruise control and a Bluetooth® hands-free phone system.
Numerous amenity and accessory packages available include LED Interior Illumination, Rear Parking Assist, Navigation System and Exterior lower body kit and Chrome accent packages.
Powering the all-new Mirage is an extremely efficient 1.2-liter three-cylinder DOHC engine that features the latest version of Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control (MIVEC) variable valve-timing system that maximizes fuel efficiency and power output while greatly minimizing exhaust emissions. This engine produces 74 bhp and 74 lb.-ft. of torque. Consumers have a choice between a smooth-operating 5-speed manual and an advanced continuously-variable transmission (CVT) with Idle Neutral Logic.
Rounding out this hot hatchback’s remarkable affordability and extreme efficiency is the additional peace of mind that comes with Mitsubishi Motors’ impressive warranty: 10-years or 100,000-miles limited powertrain; 5-years or 60,000-miles limited new vehicle and 5-years/unlimited mileage roadside assistance.
Major Standard Features (DE Model)
- 4 speaker 140-watt AM/FM/CD/MP3 with USB/iPod® input
- RISE (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution) chassis safety cell construction
- Body colored side mirrors, door handles and tailgate handle
- Electric power steering (EPS)
- Power windows with driver’s side auto-up/down
- Power side mirrors
- Tilt steering
- 60/40 split folding rear seat
- Halogen headlamps with auto-off
- Rear spoiler
- 165/65R14 low rolling-resistance tires
- Automatic climate control
- Rear heater floor ducts
- Cargo area cover
- Piano black center console trim
- Keyless entry with panic alarm
- Rear wiper/washer
- Multi-information meter display
- ECO indicator
- Dual-stage front air bag SRS with front passenger occupant sensors, curtain side air bags, driver’s knee air bag, and front seat mounted side-impact air bags
- Anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Hill Start Assist (CVT only)
ES adds over DE:
- One-Touch Start/Stop (OSS) engine switch
- F.A.S.T.-Key passive entry
- Bluetooth® hand-free phone system
- Cruise control
- Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- 14-inch alloy wheels
- Fog lamps
- Seat height adjustor
- Silver interior accents
- Upgraded seat fabric
- Navigation Package (ES model) adds: SD navigation system with rear camera monitor
- Exterior Package adds: Front bumper corner extensions; side sill extensions; rear bumper corner extensions.
- Chrome Package adds: Fog light garnish; lower grille garnish; tailgate garnish.
- LED Illumination Package adds: Floor LED illumination (blue); console LED illumination (blue); cargo area LED illumination (white).
- Parking Assist Package adds: Front park assist sensors; rear park assist sensors.
- Protection Package adds: Front & rear mudguards; scuff plates; body side moldings.
- Cargo Package adds: Cargo tray; cargo net.