Στην έκθεση CES (Consumer Electronics) που θα γίνει μέσα στον Ιανουάριο στο Las Vegas, η Hyundai και η Kia θα παρουσιάσουν τα ανανεωμένα συστήματα ενημέρωσης και ψυχαγωγίας Blue Link και UVO, τα οποία πλέον θα διαθέτουν και τηλεματικά συστήματα.
Η δεύτερη γενιά των συστημάτων θα διαθέτουν πλήρη ενσωμάτωση με τους χάρτες (Maps) και τα μέρη (Places) της Google, με τον οδηγό να μπορεί να βρίσκει σημεία ενδιαφέροντος (POIs). Επίσης θα έχουν σύνδεση Bluetooth, σύστημα διάγνωσης του οχήματος και Parking Minder, ένα σύστημα το οποίο στέλνει οδηγίες στον οδηγό, για το που έχει παρκάρει το αυτοκίνητο, σε περίπτωση που αυτός έχει ξεχάσει. Το πρώτο μοντέλο που θα διαθέτει το νέο σύστημα θα είναι το Sorento.
[Πηγή: Hyundai & Kia]
HYUNDAI TO ENHANCE IN-VEHICLE SEARCH AND NAVIGATION EXPERIENCE WITH GOOGLE MAPS
COSTA MESA, Calif., January 2, 2012 – Hyundai and Google, Inc. today announced that Google Maps application programming interfaces (APIs) will be integrated into the U.S.-based Hyundai Blue Link® telematics platform, helping drivers more easily and quickly find their destination.
Hyundai Blue Link currently offers a variety of features and applications that elevate the driving experience by providing connectivity, convenience and safety solutions. New features supported by the integration of Google Maps APIs include Send to Car, Point of Interest Search and Local Search by Voice. These services will help drivers easily find points of interest and get to destinations more accurately and reliably using Google’s continuously updated Places database.
“Google is a leader and innovator in search, content and technology, offering incredible tools,” said Barry Ratzlaff, director of Customer Connect at Hyundai Motor America. “Blue Link makes it easy for our owners to find and navigate to their destinations. The integration of Google Maps APIs makes Blue Link even more effective. We look forward to continuing work with Google to bring innovative solutions to Hyundai owners.”
Hyundai Reception at CES
A reception will take place at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) January 10th in Las Vegas at 11:00 AM PST. Media and show goers are invited to attend for info and photos opportunities at the Hyundai Blue Link exhibit.
Since launching in 2011, Hyundai Blue Link now offers 30+ safety, service and infotainment applications that work to help simplify Hyundai owners’ lives and reduce distracted driving. From SOS emergency assistance, Service Link to help drivers schedule car care, remote start, lock and unlock via the Blue Link smartphone app and cloud-based destination search by voice, Blue Link offers solutions allowing drivers to stay connected.
“We’re always looking for ways to make it easier for people to discover more relevant information to help them make informed choices — whether that’s where to go for a coffee, or where to take dry cleaning,” said Tarun Bhatnagar, head of Enterprise Geo at Google. “It’s great to see that more drivers now have access to fresh, web-based content while on the go with the Hyundai Blue Link Google Maps integration.”
The integration of Google Maps APIs elevates Hyundai’s position as a technology and infotainment leader by giving owners access to a robust telematics database backed by Google’s maps and search technology.
Kia Motors Announces Google Maps Integration to Enhance In-Car Connectivity
- UVO Advances Kia’s Infotainment and Telematics with the Utilization of Google Solutions
- UVO eServices with Google functionality will debut in the new 2014 Kia Sorento, expected to go on sale during Q1 of 2013
- Map and POI destinations to be sent to the navigation system through Web and mobile
IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Kia Motors America (KMA) today announced it will work with Google to provide content and search-based solutions enabled by Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for the second-generation of the automaker’s innovative UVO eServices telematics system. These new solutions will initially be introduced on the new 2014 Sorento CUV. The immediate integration of Google solutions will utilize Google Maps and Google Places to acquire driving directions and locate Points of Interest (POIs) in a seamless and organic manner. KMA and Google look forward to continuing to work together to bring innovative navigation solutions to enhance the connected car experience.
Available with the 2014 Sorento CUV, the new Google-powered UVO system will serve Kia owners whether they are in their cars or away from them. Enabled by the Send2Car feature, Kia owners can send a POI or destination to their car directly from the Google Maps via their Smartphone1 UVO app. From within the car, Kia owners will benefit from Google Places, which will provide POI and destination resources such as a dealership location, and Google Maps, which will provide directions to virtually anywhere and everywhere a car can travel.
“The newest iteration of the UVO platform is a breakthrough as one of the industry’s first mobile pure app-based telematics systems, and now with the Google solutions and APIs, we take the platform to yet another level of enhancement for the Kia customer,” said Henry Bzeih, head of the connected car program and chief technology strategist, KMA. “Due to the popularity and ease-of-use of Google Maps, owners can remain confident in the technology and information being delivered to them.”
UVO continues to offer drivers hands-free mobile phone management capabilities and hands-free control of music from a variety of media sources, including CD, radio, USB, media player, and the Digital Jukebox. With UVO eServices, users will now be able to control the 2014 Sorento’s on-board navigation system through voice commands when the vehicle is outfitted with the UVO eServices/navigation package. Also new with UVO eServices is an enhanced telematics suite that offers a number of maintenance and infotainment functions, including 911 Connect, enhanced Roadside Assist2, Automatic Diagnostics, Manual Diagnostics, Scheduled Diagnostics, vehicle maintenance, and eServices Guide, many of which are run through the owner’s Smartphone equipped with the UVO eServices app available at no charge3.
Advanced Voice Recognition makes it simple to operate many of UVO eServices functions, including the Sorento’s voice activated navigation system. USB connectivity allows users to download music files from a memory stick into the Digital Jukebox. The large eight-inch touch screen is easy to operate and incorporates Sorento’s rear camera display4, Infinity®5 Premium Sound System and My POIs (personal Points of Interest via online maps), a feature that makes it easy to customize the owner’s most visited locations. UVO eServices is compatible with iPhone®6 at launch and Android® phones are expected to be compatible in the second quarter of 2013.
Key Features of UVO eServices:
- Google Integration: Utilization of Google Maps and Google Places to provide direction and location information.
- eServices Guide: Accessed via the touch-screen or voice command, eServices Guide places a phone call via Bluetooth® hands free connectivity7 to a voice response system that explains UVO eServices to the driver in an interactive manner.
- Car Care Web: Through the UVO eServices owner’s portal, known as “Car Care Web,” owners can check vehicle diagnostics, vehicle status, maintenance schedules, driving behavior, and schedule appointments with their preferred or nearby dealer via their home computer or mobile device. Owners also can earn awards for safe and eco-friendly driving viewable on Car Care Web should they rank high enough among their fellow UVO eServices owners.
- My POI: Also available to UVO eServices owners is My POI, a feature that allows owners to send a destination from Google Maps through their Smartphone to their UVO eServices vehicle. In the convenience of their home or office, the customer selects a destination from the Web via Google Maps, once the customer’s Smartphone receives the destination it will send the destination to the vehicle’s navigation system the next time the Smartphone is paired via Bluetooth® wireless technology. In addition, all destinations sent from Google Maps will be copied to the owner’s Car Care Web. (My POI is only available with UVO eServices vehicles equipped with navigation).
- Vehicle Diagnostics: If UVO’s eServices identifies a problem by way of the Automatic Diagnostics function, it will communicate the vehicle’s issue(s) and its location to Kia’s 24/7 call center or will schedule an appointment online with the nearest Kia dealership upon user request. With Manual Diagnostics, at the owner’s preference, UVO eServices can connect the user with Kia’s 24/7 call center or schedule an appointment online with the nearest Kia dealership, should an issue be found. Additionally, the user can take advantage of Scheduled Diagnostics from their Smartphone, setting a monthly diagnostic check of the vehicle. Upon completion, any issues found are automatically forwarded to Car Care Web.
- 911 Connect 8 : In case of an airbag deployment, the Crash Notification Assist function will alert emergency services. During a 10-second window, the driver has the option to cancel the call, otherwise UVO eServices will dial 9-1-1, read the vehicle’s location out loud to the emergency services operator and allow the operator to speak with the vehicle occupants.
- Parking Minder: If the driver happens to forget where they parked the car, the Parking Minder function helps find it by sending the location of the vehicle to the driver’s phone. If preferred, the owner also can take pictures of the surrounding area for reference, write a reminder note, email his or her location and set an alarm if the car is parked at a meter. To guide the owner back, the UVO eServices Smartphone app will display the owner and the vehicle’s locations on a map.
Following the introduction of UVO eServices in the Sorento, the system will be offered in other models in the Kia lineup, including the all-new 2014 Forte sedan.