Η Subaru μαζί με το BRZ Prologue Concept παρουσίασε στη Φρανκφούρτη και την έκδοση παραγωγής του XV, την crossover έκδοση του Impreza δηλαδή. Βασίζεται πάνω στο πρωτότυπο Subaru XV Concept που είχε παρουσιαστεί στην έκθεση της Σανγκάη τον περασμένο Απρίλιο και το αυτοκίνητο φορά έναν νέο τετρακύλινδρο Boxer DOHC κινητήρα 2.0-λίτρων (τον ίδιο με αυτό που φορούσε το πρωτότυπο) ο οποίος συνδυάζεται με το αυτόματο κιβώτιο συνεχώς μεταβαλλόμενων σχέσεων Lineartronic.
Έχει μήκος 4.450 mm, πλάτος 1.780 mm, ύψος 1.570 mm και μεταξόνιο 2.635 mm. Θα είναι τετρακίνητο, θα τοποθετηθεί στην C κατηγορία ως ένα Urban Adventure Crossover όχημα και θα διαθέτει και στο σύστημα Subaru Dynamic Chassis Control το οποίο θα κάνει το XV απίστευτα ασφαλή κατά την οδήγηση. Περισσότερες λεπτομέρειες μπορείς να βρεις στο δελτίο τύπου που ακολουθεί.
[learn_more caption=”Δελτίο Τύπου”]
SUBARU LAUNCHES NEW XV AT FRANKFURT MOTOR SHOW
- Subaru’s new XV brings style and engineering excellence to compact crossover segment
- Final design stays true to concept study
- Interior focus on quality and spaciousness
- New generation Boxer petrol and diesel engines feature
- CVT and all new Auto Start-Stop system both available
Subaru Automobiles today announced the world premiere of the new Subaru XV (European specifications) at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show.
The launch of the XV takes Subaru into the compact crossover segment for the first time, where combining style but with functionality is key. In this highly competitive segment, the XV will offer something different, and will bring a new level of engineering excellence.
In the XV, Subaru has achieved its aim of providing a stylish and distinctive crossover with trademark Subaru driving dynamics, but combined with high level of functionality and fuel efficiency.
FHI Introduces All-New “SUBARU XV” at Frankfurt Motor Show
A new package with stylish and light proportions combining the SUV image with a highly comfortable and spacious interior.
Expressing “Enjoyment and Peace of Mind”, the XV has the superior drive performance and fuel efficiency made possible by Subaru’s next-generation power units, the excellent maneuverability for which Subaru is renowned and an extremely high level of functionality.
･The new generation Boxer Engine 1.6-litre, 2.0-litre
・The Boxer Diesel Engine 2.0-litre
・The new Lineartronic (CVT)
・The new Auto Start Stop system (Idle reduction system)
Subaru XV (European Specifications)
Tokyo, September 13, 2011 – Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the manufacturer of Subaru automobiles, today unveiled the new Subaru XV (European specifications) as a world premiere at the 64th Frankfurt Motor Show (Press days: September 13 and 14, Open to public: September 15 through 25). FHI plans to introduce the new XV to the European market as its strategic model to provide customers with “Enjoyment and Peace of Mind” through Subaru’s new “Confidence in Motion” brand statement.
The fundamental product concept that Subaru adopted for the XV is “Urban Adventure.” In specific terms, a vehicle that would be perfectly suited to exciting, lively, yet stress-free use in the city. Thus, Subaru balanced optimal performance factors such as fuel efficiency and enjoyable driving (Fun to Drive) with a stylish, highly distinctive exterior design.
The XV’s interior provides:
- A spacious and roomy passenger compartment
- A cargo area that is both spacious and convenient to use
- The door opening dimensions which have been enlarged and a seating position which allows much easier ingress and egress
- Ample storage space for small objects provided at ideal locations
- Large Multi-Function Display (MFD) which is highly visible in the upper middle section of the instrument panel for comfortable driving
The XV is a new type of crossover design that combines a stylish, dynamic form with a high body and side cladding to enhance the sense of functionality associated with an SUV.
Equipped with a hexagonal grille and hawk eye headlights, these design features emphasise the unique identity of the newest Subaru cars, while the striking and innovatively designed alloy wheels and cut-away cladding give the XV its sporting appearance.
The corners of the front and rear bumpers were designed with special edges that enhance the aerodynamic performance of the vehicle and also contribute to better fuel efficiency.
Subaru’s designers worked hard on the XV’s interior to bring out the best qualities of the chosen materials and to give passengers a feeling of quality as well as spaciousness. Specifically:
- An upmarket interior was created by balancing and combining the different tactile and emotional qualities of leather, metal, and cloth
- The Multi-Function Display is highly visible in the upper middle section of the instrument panel and provides the driver and passengers with all the necessary information necessary in a highly intuitive format. Higher specification models will get a large 4.3 inch full-colour screen equipped with advanced infotainment such as eco-driving display and vehicle information display
Engines and transmissions
The new, 3rd generation Subaru Boxer engine, introduced this year with a totally new design, is installed in 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre petrol models.Along with the usual merits that horizontally-opposed engines inherently possess, this engine has improved fuel efficiency and exhaust performance. Together with the adoption of the new Lineartronic (CVT), a newly developed “Auto Start System”, the fuel efficiency was further improved.
A heavily revised version of Subaru’s Boxer Diesel, which was specially developed for the European market, is also featured in the XV line-up.
Making use of the inherent advantages of Chain-driven CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) such as lightness, compactness, superior fuel efficiency and wide ratio coverage, Subaru successfully developed a new CVT for the XV for improved environmental friendliness and drivability.
Fuel efficiency will be further improved through Subaru’s advanced new stop-start system
which features a newly developed “change of mind control”* function to enable smooth restart within only 0.2 seconds of stopping.
A number of key features will take the XV to top of the class for safety.
- By integrating the partition windows into the front doors and positioning the door mirrors on the door panels, class-leading forward visibility was achieved, and blind spots reduced. A stylish profile with a more streamlined rear roof edge was designed without impairing the rear field of view
- In addition to SRS driver’s/passenger’s airbags, SRS side airbags and SRS curtain airbags, SRS driver’s knee airbag are installed as standard in all models
- VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control) is installed in all models as standard. Its ‘intervention timing’ has been optimised while a brake assist function is also incorporated into the VDC system
Overall Length x Width x Height (mm): 4,450 x 1,780 x 1,570
Wheelbase (mm): 2,645
Track Front/Rear(mm): 1,525 /1,525
Minimum road clearance (at kerb weight)(mm): 220
Seating Capacity: 5