Η Ford ανακοίνωσε ότι το Spotify είναι πλέον διαθέσιμο και συμβατό με το σύστημα SYNC AppLink. Η on-demand streaming υπηρεσία προσφέρει περισσότερα από 20 εκατ. τραγούδια σε πάνω από 1 εκατ. αυτοκίνητα της Ford στην Αμερική που εξοπλίζονται με το σύστημα SYNC AppLink.
Όσοι μάλιστα έχουν premium συνδρομή μπορούν να χρησιμοποιούσουν και τις φωνητικές οδηγίες του iPhone, όπως για παράδειγμα να αλλάζουν τραγούδι, να επιλέγουν λίστα τραγουδιών κτλ. Η ευρωπαική έκδοση του Spotify θα είναι διαθέσιμη στο App Store μέσα στις επόμενες εβδομάδες.
Ford Is First to Launch Spotify in the Car; Streaming Music Service Soon Available for SYNC AppLink
- Ford drivers with vehicles equipped with SYNC® AppLink™ can soon access Spotify’s industry-leading catalog of more than 20 million tracks on the go
- Playlists, the music library, similar music, starred songs, recently played music genres and radio stations are all accessible using simple voice commands
- Features first dynamic social sharing of playlists as drivers can simply accept an incoming suggestion to immediately switch to a friend’s music stream
DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 25, 2013 – Spotify, the leading on-demand music streaming service providing access to a catalog of more than 20 million songs globally is now compatible with Ford SYNC® AppLink™for simple hands-free, voice-activated entertainment while driving.
Spotify is the largest and most successful music streaming service of its kind globally, available in 20 countries including the United States, and with more than 20 million active users and 5 million paying subscribers. AppLink will enable Ford drivers to enjoy Spotify songs and playlists while keeping their hands on the steering wheel and their eyes focused on the road.
The integration with Spotify to offer the streaming music service in Ford SYNC AppLink-equipped vehicles is the company’s first direct collaboration with an automotive manufacturer.
“Spotify brings you the right music for every moment: on your computer, your mobile phone, your tablet, your home entertainment system and soon also in your Ford vehicle,” said Pascal de Mul, global head of hardware partnerships, Spotify. “Our collaboration with Ford SYNC AppLink will enable music-loving drivers to enjoy access to Spotify’s huge catalog of more than 20 million tracks while on the road.”
More than 1 million Ford vehicles in North America are now equipped with SYNC AppLink, enabling drivers to voice-control smartphone apps from the driver’s seat.
“Spotify is a terrific addition to the SYNC AppLink ecosystem helping add even more value to the experience of driving a Ford for both new and existing customers,” said Paul Mascarenas, chief technical officer and vice president, Ford Motor Company, during the announcement of the collaboration at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain.
Hands-free control of your music When drivers with a Spotify Premium subscription have the app running on their SYNC-connected iPhone, they will have access to a wide array of functionality using voice commands such as:
- Now playing (the car will speak details of what’s playing)
- Star/unstar track
- Add track to your “Road Trip” playlist
- Choose playlist (the car will ask which playlist to play)
- Play starred (the starred playlist will play)
- Play music (the car will start playing your library)
- Similar music (the car will present more albums by the current artist)
- Recently played (the car will allow you to choose from the 10 most recently played artists, albums or playlists)
- Start album/artist/track radio
- Shuffle on/off
- Repeat on/off
Drivers can also use the audio controls to:
- Skip track forward/back
- Program the preset number keys so they work like a radio and save the currently playing album, artist or playlist to that number for easy access
Even Spotify’s built-in social sharing capabilities work on the road. When the Spotify app is connected and running, if a friend sends a track, album, artist or playlist to your inbox, the car will read it aloud – for example, “You have been sent a new playlist. Would you like to play it?” Answering “yes” will start playback of the sent item, which is great for when friends aren’t with you and want you to hear an album they like.
Spotify is also confirmed as the first music service provider for the upcoming launch of SYNC AppLink in Europe. The updated Spotify app will be available soon in the Apple App Store.