H βασίλισσα Ελισάβετ η δεύτερη, στέφθηκε βασίλισσα της Αγγλίας στις 2 Ιουνίου του 1953 και αυτές τις ημέρες η Αγγλία γιορτάζει την 60στη επέτειο διοργανώνοντας ένα φεστιβάλ, το Coronation Festival, το οποίο θα λάβει χώρα στις 11 με 14 Ιουλίου.
Η Jaguar Land Rover για να το γιορτάσει θα συμμετέχει στο φεστιβάλ με το Land Rover Series 1 του 1953, το πρώτο βασιλικό Land Rover, το Jaguar Saloon Mark VIIM το οποίο άνηκε κάποτε στη μητέρα της Ελισάβετ, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, ενώ δεν θα μπορούσαν να λείπουν τα 1974 Range Rover Royal Review, 1955 Jaguar Mark ViIm Saloon, 2002 Daimler X308 Super V8 Saloon, 1953 Land Rover Series I Royal Review, 1953 Land Rover Series I Royal καθώς και τα F-Type, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport και C-X75.
[Πηγή: Jaguar Land Rover]
[learn_more caption=”Δελτίο Τύπου”]
JAGUAR LAND ROVER CELEBRATES 60 YEARS OF AUTOMOTIVE INNOVATION AT THE CORONATION FESTIVAL
- Jaguar Land Rover to showcase its past, present and future at the Coronation Festival
- Jaguar C-X75 Hybrid Supercar Prototype to take centre stage
- Exclusive collection of Royal heritage vehicles on display
Jaguar Land Rover is set to celebrate automotive innovation with a display of vehicles representing the best of British engineering over the last six decades at the Coronation Festival – July 11th to 14th.
As the only automotive manufacturer to hold Royal Warrants from all three Grantors, Jaguar Land Rover will showcase vehicles which highlight the company’s world-class capability in developing pioneering products and technologies with the Jaguar C-X75 Hybrid Supercar Prototype taking centre stage in the gardens of Buckingham Palace.
The C-X75 is a state-of-the-art hybrid supercar with the efficiency of a low-emissions city car representing the pinnacle of the company’s engineering and design expertise. The great achievements in the development of C-X75 prototypes – including cutting-edge hybrid technologies, carbon composite materials and advanced design solutions pioneered in association with Williams Advanced Engineering – will be utilised in other areas of research and development, innovative future products and next-generation engineering for the Jaguar and Land Rover brands.
This is the latest example of Jaguar Land Rover’s commitment to delivering technical excellence through product and technological innovation. Jaguar Land Rover has more than 7,000 designers and engineers dedicated to delivering the pioneering automotive innovations which have become synonymous with its vehicles throughout the decades. For Land Rover these innovations include the first SUV with Electronic Traction Control, anti-lock brakes and Stop/Start technologies and industry-first applications of adjustable air suspension, Hill Descent Control and Terrain Response®. For Jaguar these innovations include the development of the modern disc brake first seen on the Jaguar C-TYPE and more recently, the first pyrotechnic deployable bonnet safety feature on the Jaguar XK and the first aluminium monocoque body on the XJ.
Two of the latest additions to both the Jaguar and Land Rover ranges – the F-TYPE and the all-new Range Rover, will also be on display at the Festival and offer further examples of the company’s pioneering use of aluminium technology. The F-TYPE showcases the fourth generation of Jaguar’s acclaimed lightweight aluminiumarchitecture whilst the Range Rover is the world’s first SUV with a revolutionary lightweight all-aluminium monocoque body structure and is 39 per cent lighter than the steel body in the outgoing model enabling total vehicle weight savings of up to 420kg.
Highlighting Jaguar and Land Rover’s rich lineage will be a specially selected collection of heritage vehicles. This bespoke line up represents Jaguar Land Rover’s 60 years of service to the Royal Family, with each car telling its own unique story. Amongst them are the 1953 Land Rover Royal ceremonial vehicle known as State IV which was part of a fleet which accompanied Her Majesty The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh on a six month Commonwealth tour soon after the coronation, and a 1955 Jaguar Mark VIIM saloon used by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother for her private motoring from 1955 until 1973.
These cars along with a 1949 Land Rover series I Troop review, a 1966 Land Rover series II Military Escort, two Royal review Range Rovers from 1974 and 2002, a 1961 Jaguar E-TYPE Series I and a 2002 Daimler X308 Super V8 Saloon were yesterday transported back along The Queen’s 1953 Coronation route as they took part in a celebratory cavalcade through the iconic streets of London from Horse Guards Parade to Admiralty Arch and Westminster Abbey.
The Coronation Festival which takes place in the gardens of Buckingham Palace from 11th July to 14th July is a celebration of innovation, excellence and industry through trade and craft.Uniquely it will be the first time that more than 200 companies who hold Royal Warrants of Appointment have been brought together in this way to showcase their goods, services and skills.
To download all images and B Roll footage of the heritage drive please go to www.media.jaguarlandrover.com or www.digitalnewsagency.com
Jaguar is celebrating Modern British Design & Technology in the lead up to this year’s Coronation Festival. To become a fan on Facebook or follow @Jaguar on Twitter & Instagram for exclusive behind the scenes pictures of this year’s event.
Land Rover is commemorating its past, present and future relationship with the Royal Family in the run-up to this year’s Coronoation Festival. Follow on Facebook or @LandRover on Twitter for exclusive access to this year’s event.
Jaguar Land Rover will be showcasing the following vehicles at the Coronation Festival:
Jaguar Land Rover Stand
Jaguar C-X75 Hybrid Supercar Prototype
Jaguar XF Sportbrake
All-new Range Rover
Range Rover Evoque
Buckingham Palace Rose Garden
1948 Land Rover Series I
1953 Land Rover Royal ceremonial vehicle known as State IV
1955 Jaguar Mark VIIM Saloon
1974 Royal review Range Rover
1961 Jaguar E-TYPE Series I
2012 Jaguar XJ Semi-State Limousine
2013 Range Rover Sport
Jaguar and Land Rover have been granted the following Royal Warrants:
Royal Warrants of Appointment first granted to Land Rover
1951 HM King George VI
1955 HM The Queen
1964 HM Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother
1981 HRH The Prince of Wales
1987 HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
Royal Warrants of Appointment first granted to Jaguar
1951 HM The Queen (transferred to the present Queen on her accession in 1952)
1964 HM Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother
1987 HRH The Prince of Wales
2012 HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
Jaguar Land Rover:
- Jaguar Land Rover has been named Responsible Business of the Year by Business in the Community (BITC).
- Jaguar Land Rover has ambitious plans for sustainable growth and profitability.
- In 2012, Jaguar Land Rover sold 357,773 vehicles, up 30%.
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest circa £2.75bn in its products and facilities in the financial year to March 2014.
- Jaguar Land Rover is one of the UK’s largest exporters by value (£8.2bn in 2011) and generates in the region of 85% of its revenue from exports.
- In the 12 months to 31 March 2013, Jaguar Land Rover generated profit before tax of £1.675bn with revenues of £15.8bn.
The Coronation Festival:
- Opening times to the public between 12th July – Sunday 14th July 2013 are: 9.30am – 4.00pm for day ticket holders, and 6.00pm – 10.00pm for evening ticket holders.
- The Royal Warrant Holders Association is hosting the Coronation Festival, which will showcase over 200 of the companies who have supplied goods or services for at least five years to the Households of The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh or The Prince of Wales.
- Royal Warrants have always been regarded as hallmarks of quality, excellence and service.
- The Coronation Festival is a unique event which forms part of The Queen’s Programme in the 60th anniversary year of the Coronation.
- Media 10, a privately owned publishing and events company based in Loughton, Essex is the event organiser for the Festival. Media 10 is one of the leading players in the events industry, best known for the running of the iconic Ideal Home Show and Grand Designs Live.
- The Coronation Festival Gala will be broadcast in a special program for BBC Radio 2, and for a one off TV special on BBC One.
- Media Contact & Press Office for the Coronation Festival, Please contact Alexandra Davison or Nicola Formoy on 0207 096 5816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org