H Nissan ανακοίνωσε σήμερα τι αυτοκίνητα θα παρουσιάσει στην έκθεση του Τόκιο τον επόμενο μήνα. Εκεί οι Ιάπωνες θα πάνε το Pivo 3 Concept, την τρίτη γενιά του Pivo. To Pivo πρωτοεμφανίστηκε το 2005, ενώ το Pivo 2 παρουσιάστηκε το 2007. Η τρίτη γενιά του Pivo Concept μπορεί να μεταφέρει 3 άτομα, με τον οδηγό να βρίσκεται στο κέντρο, είναι τετρακίνητο όπως και τα δύο προηγούμενα πρωτότυπα και σχεδιαστικά έχει κάνει μεγάλα άλματα, έτσι ώστε να είναι πιο κοντά στη παραγωγή, η οποία ακόμη δεν έχει αποφασιστεί. Αν ποτέ γίνει αυτό, δεν αναμένεται να περνά στη παραγωγή νωρίτερα από το 2016 ή 2017.
Το Pivo 3 διαθέτει τέσσερις ηλεκτροκινητήρες, έναν τοποθετημένο ανά τροχό, και διαθέτει το σύστημα AVP (Automated Valet Parking) το οποίο επιτρέπει στο αυτοκίνητο να οδηγείτε αυτόματα και να παρκάρει μόνο του σε ειδικούς χώρους στάθμευσης που θα υπάρχουν στο μέλλον, ενώ μέσω μιας εφαρμογής από το smartphone σου, το αυτοκίνητο θα μπορεί να έρθει πίσω σε εσένα. Στην ίδια έκθεση θα βρίκσονται και τα Esflow Concept και Townpod Concept, που το πρώτο το είδαμε φέτος στη Γενεύη και το δεύτερο πέρυσι στο Παρίσι. Περισσότερες λεπτομέρειες μπορείς να βρεις στο δελτίο τύπου που ακολουθεί.
Highlights of the Nissan Exhibit at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show
YOKOHAMA, JAPAN (November 8, 2011) – Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., will present a selection of new production vehicles, prototypes and three concept cars at the upcoming 2011 Tokyo Motor Show.
Highlights of the show include:
- Three concept EVs: PIVO 3, a smart urban EV of the near future; ESFLOW, a pure EV sports car; and TOWNPOD, a cross-genre EV for business or leisure
- Smart House of the Future: Enables electricity supply from Nissan LEAF, solar panels and fuel cells
- Next-generation light commercial van prototype: All-new NV350, delivering improved convenience and styling
- Special advanced technology exhibit displaying Nissan’s latest innovations in zero emission mobility and safety.
An overview of the concept cars and technologies to be exhibited are as follows:
PIVO 3 – The smart urban commuter EV of the near future
- Automated Valet Parking (AVP) enables PIVO 3 to automatically drive, locate a parking space and park without driver assistance in the infrastructure equipped parking lots envisioned for the future. It can also charge itself and return to its driver at the AVP exit when called by smartphone.
- Compact 3-seater body under 3-meter long, narrow-tread rear tires and IWM (in-wheel motors) with wide steering angle allows PIVO 3 to make a U-turn on a road only four meters wide. The highly maneuverable PIVO 3 has zero turn gap, so if the front wheels can make the turn, the rear wheels will follow without scraping the body side.
- Refined exterior styling with bold surfaces and a new stance.
- Controls integrate seamlessly with high-grade interior.
- Central driving position provides a totally new driving experience.
- Realization of near future mobility that not only links car and driver but also connects the car to the community with sustainable energy.
ESFLOW – Dynamic driving in a zero emission future
- World debut made at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2011.
- Pure EV sports car concept offers an exciting new dimension in sports car handling and performance, using technology pioneered in Nissan LEAF.
- Rear-wheel drive two-seater configuration.
- Two independently controlled midship-mounted electric motors, each driving a rear wheel, with active optimization of vehicle dynamics and driving feel suits individual preferences and road characteristics.
- Laminated lithium-ion batteries mounting position engineered for ideal front-to-rear balance.
- Dramatic styling with wrap-around windscreen for enhanced visibility over low hood made possible by EV package.
- 0-100km/h (0-62 mph) in under five seconds.
- Over 240 kilometer (150 mile) cruising range on one charge (US LA4 mode).
TOWNPOD – Cross-genre EV for the free-thinking enterpreneur
- Unveiled at the Paris Auto Show in September 2010.
- Fashionable and functional vehicle flexibly adapts to user needs.
- Exterior melds stylish coupe and roomy van design elements.
- Engaging front seat styling. Rear cargo space is functionally designed for professional utility, including rear seat storage area in back of front seats.
- Three split doors and a split open sunroof ease access in tight spots while greatly improving loading/unloading convenience and ability to carry taller objects.
- Touch-screen display links to driver’s smartphone to provide convenient support for busy professionals.
- Zero emission mobility offers guilt-free driving enjoyment for the environmentally conscious user.
NV350 – Next-generation light commercial van delivers capacity, convenience and style
- Improved fuel economy.
- Contemporary exterior styling expresses solid presence.
- Functional interior styled to emphasize spacious feel.
- Keyless pushbutton ignition, a world’s first in a commercial vehicle. Nissan Intelligent Key™, dash-mounted shift lever and foot-operated parking brake also exceed expectations in the LCV category.
- Cargo area up to 3 meters in length, 50:50 split fold-forward rear seats, and embedded mounting nuts in interior side panels provide flexible cargo handling and adaptability to user needs.
- Japanese market launch scheduled for summer of 2012.
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY – Toward Zero Emission Mobility Nissan’s EV technology offers exciting new benefits exemplified by the Smart House of the Future and EV-based Smart Community, which will be introduced using motion displays.
- NSH-2012 Smart House of the Future Nissan will display its Smart House “NSH-2012”, an implementation of the “LEAF to Home” (V2H*) electric supply system, which uses power stored in Nissan LEAF’s batteries. The Smart House combines solar panels, fuel cells and Nissan LEAF’s batteries to maintain a steady power supply to the home, independent of weather conditions. Even during a power outage in a disaster, solar power and Nissan LEAF batteries can continue to supply the home with electricity. * V2H stands for “vehicle to home”, that is, supplying electricity to the home from power stored in an electric vehicle’s batteries.
- EV-based Smart Community A broader application of the “LEAF to Home” electric supply system, Smart Communities integrate renewable energy and a bi-directional electric grid to enable new lifestyles. Motion displays show how EVs make this possible in three contexts: homes, buildings and communities.
- Next-generation mobility with PIVO 3 A multi-media presentation of PIVO 3 functions, such as Automated Valet Parking, which link to the “smart city” infrastructure of the future and use cloud computing to enable intelligent and convenient next-generation mobility.
PURE DRIVE™ – Boosting fuel efficiency with a suite of technologies PURE DRIVE™ is Nissan’s initiative to boost environmental performance in conventional-fuel powertrains. Cutaway models and videos will introduce PURE DRIVE™ technologies including clean diesel, hybrid, stop/start system and XTRONIC CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).
Nissan Safety Shield – Towards zero fatalities Nissan has set an ultimate goal of reducing the number of automobile accident fatalities or serious injuries involving its vehicles to substantially zero. Nissan’s Safety Shield concept defines pre- and post-crash conditions to guide the active development of technologies to address safety all around the vehicle. Nissan will introduce nine technologies by the end of 2011 to create a virtual “Safety Shield” for our customers. Video presentations and interactive displays will illustrate these innovations.
MEDIA CENTER INTERVIEW:
NISSAN DESIGNERS DISCUSS PIVO 3 EV CONCEPT
Francois Bancon, deputy divisional GM for product strategy, and Taro Ueda, design director of product design, discuss the innovative electric vehicle concept ahead of its appearance at the Tokyo Motor Show.
Q1. From an innovation point of view within the PIVO 3, what particularly stands out?
With PIVO 3, let’s say, there are two main stories within the car. One is to provide people with a very new driving sensation. Thanks to the center driving position, you are not any more on the side of the car – you are in the center. That gives you very different visibility, a very different way of driving in general. You are like a driver in a racecar – for example, a one-seat racecar. That’s a big thing because we think only EV can provide this in the vehicle and that’ll change completely your relationship with the car together with the others outside of the car. That’s the first part.
The second part is about this extreme agility in the city – you know we can complete a u-turn in four meters, which is in itself a revelation. Now, a car needs about 8-to-10 meters to do this. So that provides you a sensation of freedom. I can do whatever I want with a car, I’m not anymore limited in terms of technology of the car. You can almost move like people. They are the two main advantages of the PIVO 3.
Q2: To what extent has PIVO 3 evolved from PIVO and PIVO 2?
It’s not an easy challenge for us. As an iconic design, it’s something we enjoy to play around, something new and [we can] forget about today’s design theme. But PIVO 3 is exactly designed for the mainstream of our EV, so we have a lot of requirements: Nissan-ness, EV-ness, to be realistic and environmentally friendly. That means we have mixture of requirements and the design teams are working hard to make sure all those requirements are combined into one design and that design should be at a higher level than PIVO and PIVO 2.
We’re proud of this design because the final execution is such a high level of design including Nissan-ness and EV-ness and also the real-car feeling. You can feel those things through the design.
Q3: PIVO 3 is much closer to cars on sale today than PIVO and PIVO 2. How soon could this car-or technologies in it-be put into production?
There is no decision to do this. We are now considering the next step of the EV after LEAF and Infiniti EV and an LCV EV. We are going to have many ways to propose to the market what seems radically different, it must be an EV signature [model], if you will.
So, while PIVO 3 is one of the candidates, this is not the only one. If you remember, we made years ago, a kind of compact sports EV. We have a lot of investigation into what kind of category we should go – what kind of body type, what kind of story we are going to tell to the people with this car. So I would say, PIVO 3 at this stage is one of the candidates. If we do this, we should do this after the first wave of product, LEAF, NV200 EV and the Infiniti EV. So let’s say, we talk about something in 2016 or 2017 or about then.