Η Bentley θα παρουσιάσει στην έκθεση του Πεκίνου, την Mulsanne Diamond Jubilee. Έχει δημιουργηθεί από το τμήμα Mulliner θέλοντας να γιορτάσουν τα 60στα γενέθλια της Βασίλισσας Ελισάβετ Β’ στον θρόνο της Αγγλίας, και θα βγούνε στη παραγωγή μόλις 60 αυτοκίνητα, ένα για κάθε χρόνο βασιλείας της Ελισάβετ.
Η επιλογή της έκθεσης του Πεκίνου δεν ήταν τυχαία, μιας η Κινέζικη αγορά έγινε η μεγαλύτερη αγορά της Βρετανικής αυτοκινητοβιομηχανίας, περνώντας ακόμη και αυτή της Αμερικής. Η Bentley έχει πουλήσει από την αρχή έτους μέχρι και τον Μάρτιο, 1.664 αυτοκίνητα με τα 578 στη Κίνα, +88.6% από την ίδια περίοδο του 2011, όπου όλο το 2011 είχε πουλήσει 1.839 αυτοκίνητα στην Κίνα.
Η Bentley Mulsanne Diamond Jubilee Edition είναι βαμμένη σε μελιτσανί, λευκό και μπλε χρώμα με κόκκινες λεπτομέρειες ενώ στο εσωτερικό το λογότυπο “Diamond Jubilee” είναι ραμμένο με κεντημένο χρυσή κλωστή. Μηχανικά δεν υπάρχει καμία αλλαγή και έτσι φορά τον V8 twin-turbo 6.75-λίτρων απόδοσης 505 ίππων με 1.020 Nm ροπής με τα 0-100 χλμ/ώρα να τα κάνει σε 5.3 δευτ. με τελική ταχύτητα 296 χλμ/ώρα. Επίσης θα παρουσιάσει και στους Κινέζους τη νέα Continental V8 που την είδαμε στη Γενεύη. Περισσότερες λεπτομέρειες μπορείς να βρεις στο δελτίο τύπου που ακολουθεί
[learn_more caption=”Δελτίο Τύπου”]
BENTLEY HONOURS ROYAL DIAMOND JUBILEE WITH 60 SPECIAL MULSANNES
- Limited edition Mulsannes celebrate Diamond Jubilee of HM The Queen
- 60 unique examples of British automotive craftsmanship and design
- Exclusive models unveiled on Queen Elizabeth II’s Birthday
- Asia’s largest Bentley dealership opens in Beijing, China
(Crewe, England & Beijing, China. 21 April, 2012) Bentley Motors and its customers in Beijing celebrated HM The Queen’s Birthday and her Diamond Jubilee year at the gala opening of one of the world’s largest Bentley dealerships – a new landmark in the cosmopolitan Sanlitun district. To mark the occasion, Bentley unveiled the first example of its Mulsanne Diamond Jubilee Edition.
Designed by the craftsmen and women of Bentley’s Mulliner division, the creators of the State Limousine presented to Queen Elizabeth II in 2002, just 60 examples of the Mulsanne Diamond Jubilee Edition have been created with each car representing a year of Her Majesty’s reign.
These very special Bentleys are distinguished by a range of exquisite, handcrafted features paying tribute to the Jubilee. These include bespoke embroidery to all four headrests using gold stitching, veneered picnic tables in the rear cabin decorated with a gold overlay depicting a royal carriage used for great occasions of state as well as luxurious, hide cushions featuring the same motif.
Two beautiful, highly-polished stainless steel treadplate plaques featuring the famous ‘Bentley Mulliner, England’ script and ‘Diamond Jubilee Edition’ have also been commissioned for these Mulsanne models.
Mulliner came to prominence when the family was commissioned to build carriages for the Royal Mail in 1760. By the late 19th Century Mulliner was hand-crafting the coachwork for the new “horseless carriage” – the first cars.
Mulliner’s association with Bentley harks back to the very beginning of the marque’s story when W.O. Bentley commissioned Mulliner to build the bodywork for the famous EXP1. This partnership continued to flourish, producing the streamlined contours of the revolutionary 1952 R-Type Continental, among many other iconic Bentley designs. Now known as Bentley Mulliner and a wholly-owned division of Bentley Motors, the Mulliner team offers a specialist personal commissioning department for Bentley customers and limited edition cars.
True to the Mulliner tradition, the Diamond Jubilee Edition cars feature a spectrum of paint and hide colours that sets them apart from other Bentleys and which stylishly uses various combinations and shades of red, white and blue (the colours of the Union Flag) to underscore the British connection. Hand-applied Single Fine Lines – using these same three colours – provide an elegant finishing touch as do two distinctive Bentley ‘B’ badges positioned on each ‘D’ pillar.
“The respect and genuine interest shown towards so many aspects of British life, and most especially The Royal Family, has made China a unique experience for our marque as well as many other UK businesses,” comments Richard Charlesworth, Director of Royal and VIP Relations, Bentley Motors.
“This series of special cars, hand-built by our Mulliner Division, is our way of reciprocating the appreciation for British institutions, creativity and services we have been shown in China. And as proud holders of a Royal Warrant we also wanted to provide some memorable examples of British technology and craftsmanship,”Charlesworth adds.
China is now the largest market for Bentley Motors. In 2011 the iconic British manufacturer delivered 1,664 cars to Chinese customers and during the first quarter of 2012 sales in the region grew by 84.66 percent compared with the same period in 2011. Bentley’s dealership presence is set to further expand in the next 12 months as the company introduces its latest high-performance coupe and convertible Continental models to Chinese customers in 2012.
The Bentley Mulsanne captures the essence of the Bentley marque. It is elegant yet distinctly sporting in character, delivering effortless performance, while within its sumptuous cabin, advanced technology sits discreetly with handcrafted luxury. Designed and engineered at Crewe from the ground-up, the Mulsanne has reaffirmed the marque’s intent to create a luxury grand tourer with refined performance, unparalleled levels of interior luxury and coach building skills to the fore.
Mulsanne Diamond Jubilee Edition – overview and features
- Twin-turbocharged, 6.75 litre V8 engine
- Power: 512 PS / 505 bhp / 377 kW at 4200 rev/min
- Torque: 1020 Nm / 752 lb ft at 1750 rev/min
- 0-60 mph in 5.1 secs (0-100 km/h in 5.3 s)
- 0-100 mph in 11.6 secs (0-160 km/h in 11.5 s)
- Max Speed: 184 mph (296 km/h)
- 21″ Classic Alloy Wheel
- Flying ‘B’ Radiator Mascot
- Jewel Fuel Filler Cap
- Bright Stainless Steel Matrix to Lower Bumper Apertures and Wing Vents
- Six paint options including – Beluga over Claret (duo tone), Black Sapphire, Claret, Pale Sapphire over Black Sapphire (duo tone), Pale Sapphire, White Sand
- Hand-applied fine lining
- Bentley ‘B’ badges on ‘D’ Pillar
- Burr Walnut Veneer
Two Plain Hide Loose Cushions with ‘Diamond Jubilee’ Embroidery
Diamond Quilted, Perforated Seat Inserts & Door Panels
Lambswool Rugs (in addition to standard overmats)
Veneered Gear Lever
Veneered iPod Drawer & Minor Gauge Panel
Diamond Jubilee Overlay to Fascia & Picnic Tables
Ambient Interior Mood Lighting
Rear Quarter Vanity Mirrors with Veneer Surround
Drilled Alloy Sports Foot Pedals
Seat Ventilation & Massage to Front & Rear Seats
Rear Seat Entertainment Package
‘Naim For Bentley’ Premium Audio System
Hide colours – Linen, Burgundy and French Navy
Personalised Embroidery with Gold Thread
1. Bentley Motors is the third largest R&D investor in the UK’s automotive sector and the 18th largest nationally. The company employs almost 4,000 people in Crewe which is home to all its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury vehicle manufacturers such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley exports over £500m worth of goods every year to established markets like the US, as well as emerging markets such as China and South America.
2. Bentley’s global sales for Q1 in 2012 increased by 46.6% with 1,759 cars delivered to customers. This growth was led by the emergence of China as Bentley’s largest market in the first quarter with sales in the region up 84.9% (578 cars delivered). The Americas remain a key market for Bentley with sales up by 35.6% (468 cars delivered). In the Middle East sales recovered with an increase of 82.6% (168 cars delivered) and European sales also saw a 34.4% increase with 207 deliveries. Sales in the UK and Germany remain stable, with 233 cars and 62 cars delivered respectively.
NEW CONTINENTAL GT V8 MAKES DEBUT IN CHINA
- New Continental GT V8 coupe makes its official public debut at the 2012 Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
- Exceptional power-to-emissions ratio combined with classic Bentley power and torque from new 4.0 litre twin-turbo V8 engine
- Fulfils Bentley’s environmental commitment for a new powertrain delivering a 40 per cent improvement in fuel efficiency and CO2emissions
- Advanced technologies include direct injection, variable displacement, new close-ratio 8-speed transmission and all‑wheel‑drive
- New Continental GT V8 coupe complements the flagship 6.0 litre W12 GT coupe
(Beijing. 22 April 2012) The new Bentley Continental GT V8 coupe will make its official public debut at the 2012 Beijing International Automotive Exhibition.
The new 4.0 litre, twin turbocharged Continental GT V8, and its convertible counterpart the Continental GTC V8, achieve exceptional standards for power-to-emissions in the high luxury sports car sector.
This remarkable, new Bentley V8 engine delivers maximum power of 500 bhp (507 PS / 373 Kw) at 6000 rev/min and an extraordinary peak torque of 660 Nm (487 lb ft) which is available across virtually the entire rev range from 1700 to 5000 rev/min, providing exhilarating performance and effortless power delivery in the Bentley tradition. Combined with a new close-ratio 8-speed automatic transmission, this translates into a 0-60 mph sprint time of 4.6 seconds for the GT coupe (0‑100 km/h in 4.8 seconds) and a top speed of 188 mph (303 km/h).
At the same time, the new V8 Continental models achieve outstanding levels of fuel efficiency and CO2 emissions for the luxury performance sector and are capable of travelling over 500 miles (800 km) on a single tank of fuel.
The arrival of the new V8 Continental models fulfils Bentley’s environmental commitment to produce a new powertrain that delivers a 40 per cent improvement in fuel efficiency and CO2 emissions.
The new V8 engine features variable displacement with a highly sophisticated engine management system, ensuring a seamless and imperceptible transition from V8 to V4 mode under light throttle load.
The high-technology V8 also features high pressure direct injection, low friction bearings, thermal management, energy recuperation via the charging system, and innovative turbo charger packaging for greater efficiency.
The instantly recognisable growl of the new 4.0 litre V8 engine sets it apart from its Bentley stablemates.
Expressing their potent, muscular character, both new Continental V8 models are distinguished by a black gloss matrix grille with chrome frame and centre bar, a red enamel Bentley ‘B’ badge, and a black matrix three-segment lower front bumper divided by distinctive body-coloured strakes.
At the rear, unique chromed ‘figure eight’ exhaust tailpipes, a dark lower valance and red enamel ‘B’ bootlid badge emphasise the sporty, contemporary identity of the new V8s. The new Continental V8 models can be specified with 20-inch alloy wheels as standard or an optional 21‑inch six-spoke design which is available in dramatic Diamond Black (exclusive to the Continental V8) or Diamond Silver finishes.
Inside the cabin, an Eliade cloth headlining, new contemporary Dark Fiddleback Eucalyptus veneers, optional two-tone leather colour split and short centre console continue the fresh, sporting design theme.
The new Continental GTC V8 model will be offered beneath the flagship 6.0 litre, 12‑cylinder engined GTC, which continues to excite customers with a combination of silken refinement and the ultimate power of the twin-turbocharged W12 Continental engine that, in its most potent form, delivers an astonishing 631 bhp (640 PS).
Both Continental V8 models feature a state-of-the-art, all-wheel drive system employing an advanced Torsen differential and a 40:60 rear biased power split. This ensures safe yet dynamic sports car handling in all road conditions.
Since the launch of the original GT in 2003, the W12-engined Continental range has gone from strength to strength with over 50,000 sales worldwide, making Bentley’s factory in Crewe, England, the largest producer of 12 cylinder engines in the world. The W12 story continues to unfold and remains the ultimate expression of Bentley’s engineering strength.
Commenting on the launch of the new V8 Continental models, Wolfgang Dürheimer, Chairman and Chief Executive, Bentley Motors, said:
“With the new 4.0 litre V8 engine we are widening the appeal of the latest generation of Continentals, introducing a completely new driving experience. The new engine has all the exhilarating power, drama and performance you would expect from a V8 engine sporting the famous Bentley wings, effortlessly delivered with our characteristic ‘wave of torque’. This is complemented by innovative powertrain technology that delivers exceptional fuel efficiency and emissions.”
THE NEW CONTINENTAL V8 MODELS
Distinctive sporting style
- Gloss black matrix grille with bright chrome surround and divider
- Three-segment lower bumper with black air intakes and striking body-coloured dividers
- Dark rear lower valance
- Distinctive twin ‘figure eight’ exhaust tailpipes
- Red enamel Bentley winged ‘B’ badges above the front grille, to the bootlid and wheel centres
- 7 exterior colours offered in standard range
Sporty, contemporary interior
- New Dark Fiddleback Eucalyptus veneer unique to the V8 models
- Eliade cloth headlining and pillar trim
- Short centre console in place of W12 through-console
- 4 hide colours offered in standard range
- Unique two-tone leather colour split
- 3 hood colours (Continental GTC)
Exhilarating, efficient new 4.0 litre V8 engine
- Exceptional power-to-emissions ratio reflecting engine efficiency
- Variable displacement (a technology first proven on the Mulsanne) imperceptibly cuts 4 cylinders on cruise and light throttle
- Engine optimisation technologies boost efficiency
- Turbochargers mounted within ‘V’ for efficiency and fast response
- Switchable engine mounts ensure refinement
- New, close-ratio, 8-speed transmission with ultra-fast shifts
- Over 500 miles (800 km) range on one tank of fuel
- All-wheel drive system with 40:60 rear biased torque split
New Continental GT and GTC V8
|GT V8||GTC V8|
|Engine||4-litre twin turbocharged V8||4-litre twin turbocharged V8|
|Power||500 bhp / 373 kW / 507 PS @ 6000 rpm||500 bhp / 373 kW / 507 PS @ 6000 rpm|
|Torque||660 Nm / 487 lb/ft @ 1700 rpm||660 Nm / 487 lb/ft @ 1700 rpm|
|Driveline||All-wheel drive (40:60 rear bias)||All-wheel drive (40:60 rear bias)|
|Transmission||8-speed automatic with paddleshift||8-speed automatic with paddleshift|
|Acceleration 0-60 mph||4.6 secs||4.7 sec|
|0-100 km/h||4.8 secs||5.0 sec|
|Max. Speed||188 mph (303 km/h)||187 mph (301 km/h)|
|FUEL CONSUMPTION EU DRIVE CYCLE|
|Urban||18.4 mpg / 15.4 l/100km||17.9 mpg / 15.8 l/100km|
|Extra-Urban||36.7 mpg / 7.7 l/100km||35.3 / 8.0 l/100km|
|Combined||26.7 mpg / 10.5 1/100km/||25.9 mpg / 10.9 l/100km|
|CO2 emissions (combined)||246 g/km||254 g/km|
|EPA DRIVE CYCLE|
|City Driving||Awaiting Certification||Awaiting Certification|
|Highway Driving||Awaiting Certification||Awaiting Certification|
|Combined||Awaiting Certification||Awaiting Certification|
|WEIGHTS AND VOLUMES|
|Kerb Weight||2295 kg||2470 kg|
|Unladen Weight||2295 kg / 5060 lb||2470 kg / 5445 lb|
|Gross Weight||2750 kg / 6063 lb||2900 kg / 6393 lb|
|Fuel Tank||90 litres / 20 gallons / 24 USg||90 litres / 20 gallons / 24 USg|
|Boot Volume||358 litres / 12.6 cu.ft||260 litres / 9.1 cu.ft|
|Overall Length||4806 mm / 15 ft 9 in||4806 mm / 15 ft 9 in|
|Width across mirrors||2227 mm / 7ft 3 in||2227 mm / 7ft 3 in|
|Wheelbase||2746 mm / 9ft 0 in||2746 mm / 9ft 0 in|
|Overall Height||1404 mm / 4ft 7 in||1403 mm / 4ft 7 in|
|Wheel size||20″ or optional 21″||20″ or optional 21″|