Αυτή είναι η Aston Martin V12 Vantage S, η ταχύτερη Aston Martin που κατασκευάστηκε ποτέ, μετά την One-77. Μετά την Rapide S, έρχεται η Vantage S η οποία αντικαθιστά την V12 Vantage και φορά τον νέο AM28 V12 6,0-λίτρων κινητήρα ο οποίος αποδίδει 573 άλογα στις 6.750 σ.α.λ με 620 Nm ροπής στις 5.750 σ.α.λ, επιτρέποντας στο αυτοκίνητο να έχει τελική ταχύτητα 330 χλμ/ώρα.
Η Aston Martin δεν ανακοίνωσε πόσο κάνει τα 0-100 χλμ/ώρα η V12 Vantage S, αλλά αναμένεται να τα κάνει σε λίγο πάνω από τα 4 δευτερόλεπτα. Ζυγίζει 1.665 κιλά με τον κινητήρα να συνδυάζεται με το νέο 7-τάχυτο αυτόματο κιβώτιο Sportshift III.
Οι ηλεκτρονικές αναρτήσεις του διαθέτουν τρεις ρυθμίσεις (normal, sport και track), με τα προγράμματα αυτά να αλλάζουν παράλληλα και τη σκληρότητα του τιμονιού. Η εξάτμιση προέρχεται από την One-77 και είναι πολύ ελαφρύτερη από αυτή του απερχόμενου μοντέλου.
Στιλιστικά διαθέτει μαύρες ζάντες 19″, μαύρη οροφή, αεριζόμενο καπό και carbon διακοσμητικά, με τον σχεδιασμό της μάσκας να δανείζεται στοιχεία από αυτή του CC100 Speedster Concept. Στο εσωτερικό συναντάμε bucket καθίσματα με carbon πλάτη, μαύρες και κίτρινες δερμάτινες/alcantara επενδύσεις καθώς και carbon διακοσμητικά.
[learn_more caption=”Δελτίο Τύπου”]
V12 Vantage S: Aston Martin takes Vantage to extremes
• New AM28 engine generates more power than ever: 573 PS at 6750 rpm
• Debut of new seven-speed Sportshift ™ III AMT transaxle
• Top speed climbs to 205 mph
Aston Martin is taking sports car performance to extremes with the announcement of the new V12 Vantage S.
The new car replaces the outgoing V12 Vantage in markets around the world and, with the exception of the One-77 hypercar, arrives as the fastest road-going Aston Martin yet offered.
Providing the most visceral yet engaging sports car experience in the British luxury car maker’s current range, the new V12 Vantage S delivers exceptional sporting agility underpinned by admirable long distance refinement.
Equipped with the new 573 PS Aston Martin AM28 6.0-litre V12 engine, featuring latest generation Bosch engine management, the car is capable of reaching 205 mph.
Peak and low rev torque improves appreciably, too. With 620 Nm available at 5,750 rpm – up from 570 Nm previously – the V12 Vantage S is not to be found wanting. Crucially, too, low rev torque – measured at just 1,000 rpm – leaps from 440 Nm to 510 Nm. This serves to both flatten and fatten the torque curve, thereby significantly improving driveability.
Aston Martin Chief Executive Officer Dr Ulrich Bez said: “The new V12 Vantage S is, simply, pure Aston Martin. It is extreme in its nature yet truly timeless in its design language.
“Learning from our successes on the track feeds the development of this type of car and I’m proud to launch such an exciting sports car in this, our centenary year.”
Race car technology runs right through the DNA of the V12 Vantage S with, for instance, CNC machined combustion chambers and hollow cam shafts just two examples of track technology feeding through to the road.
Another clear example is the new car’s new gearbox. The Sportshift™ III AMT (automated manual transmission) is a major development of the automated manual gearbox that appears in the current V8 Vantage S.
Designed and engineered to exploit the full sporting potential of the V12 engine, the new Sportshift™ III hydraulically actuated automated manual transmission provides motorsport-style paddle shift changes for optimum performance delivery and efficiency. The unit is also appreciably lighter than the outgoing six-speed manual gearbox – saving 25 kg.
This race-derived and motorsport proven technology – used routinely in Aston Martin Racing’s race-winning Vantage GT4, GT3 and GTE competition cars – provides for great driver control with only milliseconds of torque interruption and delivers precise and swift gear changes.
The Sportshift™ III transaxle, from transmission experts Oerlikon Graziano, joins an extensive array of new sport- and track-focused developments that ensure the
V12 Vantage S is fully equipped to exploit the huge performance potential of its 6.0-litre naturally aspirated AM28 engine.
The debut of three-stage adaptive damping – another ‘first’ for the Vantage family – allows the driver to more precisely tailor the car’s dynamic character. ‘Normal’, ‘Sport’ and ‘Track’ modes provide a broad swathe of dynamic performance that can be tuned to better suit the driver’s requirements. The system also governs the level of power steering assistance offered.
Working alongside the extended adaptive damping system is a ‘Sport’ mode, controlled via a button on the centre console, that alters throttle response, gearshift speed and timing, and exhaust note to, once again, tune the character of the car to the driver’s requirements.
A whole new exhaust system – derived from that of the One-77 hypercar, no less – is lighter, smaller and, crucially, even more sonorous than that of the outgoing car.
The ZF Servotronic power assisted steering is new, too. With a quicker 15:1 ratio, it is linked to the adaptive damping button and offers two-mode steering assistance designed to best match the ‘Sport’ or ‘Normal’ settings generated by the Adaptive Damping System.
Pure power, beautifully presented
The V12 Vantage S has been restyled to reflect is position as the flagship of the new Vantage range.
Most noticeable, perhaps, is the car’s grille that does away with the famous aluminium vanes – replacing them with a new carbon fibre arrangement that also includes sporty black carbon fibre or titanium silver mesh. Created to maximise airflow to the V12 engine, the new grille is inspired by that of the remarkable new CC100 Speedster Concept, nicknamed DBR100, which debuted at the 24 Hours of Nürburgring earlier this month and signals a new era of Aston Martin design language.
Other clues that single out the car as new include the debut of new lightweight forged alloy ten-spoke wheels, and a subtle yet distinctive exterior graphics pack that includes black painted roof and part-painted boot panel.
The new V12 Vantage S of course retains the same compact proportions and muscular stance as its predecessor, while features such as the pronounced bonnet vents and flared wheel arches underscore its sporting abilities.
Inside, as out, the new car has been styled to reflect its powerful nature. New-style seating with Sport and carbon fibre Lightweight seat options, revised stitching and welt detailing, two leather grade options – Luxmill and semi-aniline – plus the possibility to include Alcantara, present V12 Vantage S buyers with an exciting array of trim choices.
The optional Carbon Fibre Interior Pack, which adds the material to the car’s facia and door pulls, plus the availability for the first time in a V12 Vantage S of black pedals, further enhances personalisation options for those in search of a truly bespoke sports car.
Dr Bez added: “The new V12 Vantage S is our most extreme Vantage to date – engineered to bring race car performance and technology to the open road.
“It is our most powerful engine in a beautifully tailored suit. It is elegant, yet brutal, and it is at the same time easy to control. It has everything that sums up
Aston Martin: power, beauty and soul!”
Aston Martin V12 Vantage S specification
- Two-seat, two-door coupe body style
- Extruded bonded aluminium VH body structure aluminium, magnesium alloy, composite and steel body
- Extruded aluminium door side-impact beams
- Halogen projector headlamps (main beam)
- High Intensity Discharge headlamps (dipped beam)
- Black headlamp bezels
- LED rear lamps
- Clear rear lamps with a black border
- Carbon fibre front splitter and rear diffuser
- AM28 all-alloy, quad overhead camshaft, 48 valve, 5,935cc, V12
- Front mid-mounted engine, rear-wheel drive
- Fully catalysed stainless steel exhaust system with active bypass valves
Max power: 573 PS (565 bhp) at 6,750 rpm
Max torque: 620 Nm (457 lb ft) at 5,750 rpm
Acceleration (estimated): 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) TBC
Max speed (estimated): 330 km/h (205 mph)
- Rear mid-mounted ‘Sportshift™ llI’ seven-speed automated manual transmission with electronic shift-by-wire control system
- Alloy torque tube with carbon fibre propeller shaft
- Limited-slip differential
- Final drive ratio 3.7:1
Wheels & tyres
- 19-inch, 10-spoke forged alloy Graphite-painted wheels with diamond-turned finish
- Front wheel: 9J x 19”
- Rear wheel: 11J x 19”
- Front tyre: Pirelli P Zero Corsa 255 / 35 ZR19
- Rear tyre: Pirelli P Zero Corsa 295 / 30 ZR19
- Tyre repair kit
|Length:||4385 mm (inc. front number plate plinth)||Kerbweight:
|Width:||2022 mm (inc. mirrors)||Fuel tank capacity:||80 litres (17.6 UK gal/21.1 US gal)|
|Height:||1250 mm||Wheelbase:||2600 mm|
- Rack and pinion, power-assisted steering
- 2.6 turns lock-to-lock
- Column tilt and reach adjustment
- Front: Ventilated carbon ceramic discs, 398 mm diameter with six-piston monobloc calipers
- Rear: Ventilated carbon ceramic discs, 360 mm diameter with four-piston monobloc calipers
- Black painted brake calipers
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with track mode
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Traction control (TC)
- Three Stage Adaptive Damping System (ADS) with Normal, Sport and Track modes
- Front: Independent double wishbones incorporating anti-dive geometry, coil springs, anti-roll bar and monotube dampers
- Rear: Independent double wishbones with anti-squat and anti-lift geometry, dual-rate coil springs and monotube dampers
- Full-grain leather interior
- Piano Black facia trim, centre stack and door pulls
- Alcantara-trimmed sports steering wheel with black airbag ring
- Electrically adjustable Sports seats with side airbags
- Memory seats and exterior mirrors (three positions)
- Dual-stage driver/passenger front airbags
- Carbon fibre front grille
- Titanium side strake mesh
- Powerfold exterior heated mirrors
- Heated rear screen
- Automatic temperature control
- Organic Electroluminescent (OEL) displays
- Trip computer
- Cruise control
- Bluetooth® telephone preparation 1
- Satellite navigation system 1
- Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror1
- Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror with garage door opener (USA and Canada only) 1
- Rear parking sensors
- Tyre-pressure monitoring1
- Alarm (with volumetric and tilt sensor) and immobiliser
- Remote-control central door locking and boot release
- Glass ECU
- Glass switches
- Tracking device (UK only) 4
- LED map-reading lights
- 160W Aston Martin audio system with six-CD autochanger
- DAB radio1
- Integrated Apple iPod® connector5
- USB connector with Waveform Audio Format (WAF), Windows Media Player (WMA) and MPEG (MP3) audio file compatibility
1 Not available in all markets.
2 Not available with lightweight seats.
3 Does not include side airbags or passenger airbag cut-off switch.
4 Complies with UK Thatcham Category 5 requirements. Excludes subscription. Standard in UK.
5 iPod® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.