Η Ram παρουσίασε τα MY2016 2500 και 3500 Heavy Duty pickups. Οπτικά οι αλλαγές είναι ελάχιστες, αλλά ο 6,7-λίτρων Cummins εξακύλινδρος diesel κινητήρας παράγει πλέον 385 άλογα με 1.218 Nm ροπής. Το Ram 3500 έχει επίσης παχύτερο καπάκι διαφορικού και αναβαθμισμένο πίσω άξονα, αυξάνοντας έτσι την ικανότητα ρυμούλκησης στα 14.156,6 κιλά.
Η πλούσια έκδοση Laramie Limited διαθέτει νέα γρίλια, μεγάλα “RAM” γράμματα στο πίσω μέρος, μαύρες δερμάτινες επενδύσεις, ξύλινα διακοσμητικά, νέα πατάκια όπως και ειδικές βάσεις για κινητά τηλέφωνα και tablets. Οι πωλήσεις των Ram 2500 και 3500 θα ξεκινήσουν από το τέταρτο τρίμηνο του 2015 με αρχική τιμή τα $31.485.
2016 Ram Heavy Duty Widens its Leadership Gap With a Triple-decker Presence: Best-in-class Power, Towing Capacity and Payload Capacity
- 2016 Cummins 6.7-liter calibration hits a best-in-class 900 lb.-ft. of torque. The most torque ever offered in a mass-production vehicle
- 2016 Ram 3500 crushes the competition with up to 31,210 pounds of SAE J2807-spec. towing capacity, beating the closest competitor by more than two tons
- 2016 Ram 2500 holds best-in-class ¾-ton towing title with 17,980 pounds of capacity
- Ram 3500 maintains best-in-class payload of 7,390 pounds with 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8
- Ram 3500 raises its best-in-class Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) to 39,100 pounds
- Ram maintains credibility and customer confidence as the only automaker to align with SAE J2807 towing standard across its entire pickup truck line
- Fuel economy is top of mind for Ram 1500 customers and the exclusive 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine continues to crush the competition with an amazing 29 miles per gallon (mpg)
- The first 2016 Ram Heavy Duty trucks begin rolling off the factory line third quarter of 2015
- Unsurpassed powertrain warranty – five years/60,000 miles on gas engines and five years/100,000 miles on diesel engines
June 22, 2015 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – Ram continues as “King of the Hill” in the heavy-duty battleground with the introduction of the 2016 model year Ram 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duty pickups. The capability leaders further build on a list of best-in-class claims.
Additionally, for two years running, the Ram 1500 leads pickup truck fuel economy with the exclusive 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine, delivering 240 horsepower, 420 lb.-ft. of torque and 29 miles per gallon (mpg).
“Ram maintains leadership in all three pickup segments offering best-in-class fuel efficiency, best-in-class towing, best-in-class power and best-in-class payload,” said Bob Hegbloom, President and CEO — Ram Truck Brand, FCA US. “Ram continues to break records in the most important consumer-driven titles of the pickup truck market and we’re not slowing down.”
Ram Engineering and Cummins developed a new, hard-hitting fuel delivery and turbo boost calibration for the 6.7-liter I-6 diesel that produces an additional 35 lb.-ft. of torque. This improvement raises the bar from Ram’s current title at 865 lb.-ft. of torque to 900 lb.-ft. of torque — a number never achieved in a mass-produced vehicle.
The previous heavy-duty towing title also belongs to the Ram 3500 at 30,000 pounds. The 2016 Ram 3500 brings that stat to 31,210 pounds, further distancing the closest rival by more than two tons. To handle the increased towing capacity, Ram engineers beefed up the rear axle ring gear hardware from 12 to 16 bolts on all trucks equipped with the 11.8-inch axle. The additional hardened bolts and stronger material are used in the differential case to assure long-term durability.
The most payload available in a pickup is 7,390 pounds for a 6.4-liter-equipped Ram 3500 model, more than 3.5 tons.
The 2016 Ram 2500 also continues its ¾-ton towing leadership with a dominating 17,980 pounds of capacity.
Ram is the only automaker to back its entire pickup truck line and towing claims with SAE J2807 testing criteria.
“Ram has bookended its innovation leadership in the pickup segments and thoughtfully engineered better trucks, including our Ram 1500 with real-world fuel economy approaching 30 mpg and the Ram 3500 with a mind-boggling 31,210 pounds of towing capacity, even on the hottest day,” said Mike Cairns, Director— Ram Truck Engineering, FCA US. “Our 2016 Ram Trucks own pertinent, functional titles while delivering award-winning interiors and exclusive features that entice customers.”
2016 Ram 2500 – $31,485
2016 Ram 3500 – $31,990
NOTE: Pricing does not include $1,195 destination
2016 Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups will arrive in dealerships in the fourth quarter of 2015.