Η Ford στη Γενεύη τον περασμένο Μάρτιο, παρουσίασε το ελαφρώς ανανεωμένο EcoSport, το οποίο ξεχωρίζει κυρίως από την απουσία της πίσω ρεζέρβας. Το μικρό crossover είναι ήδη διαθέσιμο στην Ευρώπη, και φορά νέες ζάντες 17″, μαύρη οροφή και μαύρους πλαϊνούς καθρέπτες, και φιμέ παράθυρα.
Στο εσωτερικό, η καμπίνα προσφέρει λιγότερους τριγμούς, θορύβους, ενώ διαθέτει και καλύτερη ηχομόνωση. Η κονσόλα είναι σχεδόν αυτούσια από το Fiesta και διαθέτει μια νέα οθόνη 4″ με σύστημα πλοήγησης και κάμερα οπισθοπορείας, νέο χειρόφρενο και πλουσιότερο εξοπλισμό. Η πίσω ρεζέρβα υπάρχει στον πρόσθετο εξοπλισμό με την Ford να επαναρυθμίζει την πίσω ανάρτηση, μειώνοντας και το ύψος της κατά 10 mm. Το ανανεωμένο Ecosport διαθέτει επίσης βελτιστοποιημένο ESP και υδραυλικό σύστημα διεύθυνσης.
Μηχανικά διατίθεται με τον νέο 1.500άρη TDCi κινητήρα απόδοσης 95 ίππων. Πληροί τις προδιαγραφές του Euro 6.1, με τον diesel κινητήρα να έχει δυναμώσει κατά 5 άλογα, έχοντας μέση κατανάλωση 4,4 λίτρα/100 χλμ. και εκπομπές CO2 στα 115 γρ/χλμ.
ENHANCED FORD ECOSPORT COMPACT SUV NOW AVAILABLE TO ORDER WITH IMPROVED STYLING, DYNAMICS AND REFINEMENT
- Significantly enhanced Ford EcoSport compact, flexible and fuel-efficient SUV is now available to order
- EcoSport is available for the first time without a rear-mounted spare wheel; subtle, stylish interior upgrades include partial leather seats, a new steering wheel, and chrome detailing
- More refined EcoSport offers improved convenience and comfort with heated windscreen, mirrors and front seats; thicker sound deadening materials reduce interior noise
- Ride and handling enhanced with optimised suspension configuration; Electronic Stability Control and power steering systems tuned to meet European driving expectations
- More powerful 1.5-litre TDCi diesel offers 4.4 l/100 km and 115 g/km CO2; 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol delivers 5.4 l/100 km and 125 g/km CO2;* All engines meet Euro Stage 6 emissions
Ford Motor Company today announced that the enhanced Ford EcoSport SUV offering sophisticated styling upgrades, improved driving dynamics and new equipment for more comfort and convenience is now available to order.
Customers can now specify the EcoSport compact SUV without a rear-mounted spare wheel for the first time. Subtle and stylish interior improvements include standard partial leather seats for Titanium models, a new steering wheel design, and additional chrome detailing.
Convenience and comfort also are enhanced with a Winter Pack – featuring heated windscreen, heated mirrors and heated front seats. EcoSport driving dynamics have been improved with revisions to the springs, dampers, rear torsion beam, Electronic Stability Programme, and Electronic Power Assisted Steering settings.
EcoSport is available with Ford’s multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine, 1.5-litre petrol engine or 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine.
“The stylish and practical Ford EcoSport offers customers a flexible and economical SUV and with these enhancements EcoSport looks and feels even sharper,” said Joe Bakaj, vice president, Product Development, Ford of Europe. “EcoSport was developed in some of the most rigorous terrains and climates across the globe to make it an even more compelling option for customers as part of our growing European SUV range. In addition, the team at Lommel Proving Ground in Belgium have further enhanced the driving dynamics to make the new EcoSport even more fun to drive on European roads.”
Ford EcoSport models specified without the rear-mounted spare wheel feature a tyre mobility kit as standard, while the rear swing-gate design for those vehicles also has been revised to allow easier access to the bootspace with partial opening. All models now feature a distinctive EcoSport badge on the rear, giving the compact SUV a more premium feel.
Inside, the new partial leather seats offered as standard on Titanium models feature high quality materials. Privacy glass is available for all EcoSport trim levels, while the Winter Pack also adds rear seat ventilation at floor level to improve comfort for rear passengers in cold weather.
The restyled interior delivers a contemporary, more upscale feel with a new stylish and ergonomic steering wheel design with fewer buttons, which also features on the new Ford Focus. A charcoal black lower instrument panel, centre console and door boards are introduced, while the instrument cluster now features a light dimming function and chrome-surround rings to match the electric window switches.
EcoSport models equipped with Ford’s SYNC voice-controlled connectivity system feature a 4?inch colour display in the centre console. The handbrake lever positioning for all enhanced EcoSport models has been optimised to make it easier to reach and use.
Noise, vibration and harshness levels also have been reduced with thicker sound deadening materials in the doors and dashboard, as well as tighter seals around the pedals, for a more refined interior environment and quieter journeys. Engine and gearbox matching has been revised to offer more low speed torque and better drivability.
Significant improvements to the EcoSport’s driving dynamics are delivered following development work at the Ford Lommel Proving Ground, where 80 kilometres of test tracks include exact replicas of real road surfaces across Europe.
A stiffer rear torsion beam offers greater control of body roll, and revised spring and shock absorber rates improve damping. A 10 mm reduction in ride height lowers the EcoSport’s centre of gravity for improved handling, and Electronic Stability Control and power steering systems also have been specifically tuned for European roads.
The 1.5-litre TDCi also now offers 95 PS, a 5 PS improvement, and delivers 4.4 l/100 km and 115 g/km CO2. The 125 PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost delivers 5.4 l/100 km and 125 g/km CO2, while the 1.5-litre Ti-VCT engine delivers 6.3 l/100 km and 149 g/km CO2.* All engines now meet Euro Stage 6 emissions standards.
Further technology that will be available later this year for EcoSport for the first time includes satellite navigation and Rear View Camera that helps drivers manoeuvre the vehicle when in reverse.
The compact Ford EcoSport is part of Ford’s growing SUV line-up in Europe that also includes the mid-sized Kuga, and will be extended to include the Edge SUV early in 2016.
* The declared fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are measured according to the technical requirements and specifications of the European Regulations (EC) 715/2007 and (EC) 692/2008 as last amended. Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are specified for a vehicle variant and not for a single car. The applied standard test procedure enables comparison between different vehicle types and different manufacturers. In addition to the fuel efficiency of a car, driving behaviour as well as other non-technical factors play a role in determining a car’s fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. CO2 is the main greenhouse gas responsible for global warming. Results in MPG also correspond to this European drive cycle and are stated in imperial gallons. The results may differ from fuel economy figures in other regions of the world due to the different drive cycles and regulations used in those markets.