Η McLaren παρουσίασε την ανανεωμένη MP4-12C GT3 η οποία θα συμμετέχει στα GT3 πρωταθλήματα του 2013. Το ανανεωμένο μοντέλο διαθέτει αεροδυναμικό πακέτο, επαναπρογραμματισμένη ECU και βελτιωμένο ηλεκτρικό σύστημα. Επίσης νέα είναι επίσης τα αμορτισέρ και το σύστημα ψύξης ενώ έχουν υπάρξει και μικρές αλλαγές που βελτιώνουν την αποτελεσματικότητα και την αξιοπιστία του αυτοκινήτου. Το ανανεωμένο μοντέλο θα χρησιμοποιηθεί από την Clearwater Racing και την Sebastien Loeb Racing.
Μηχανικά φορά τον twin-turbo V8 3,8-λίτρων κινητήρα ο οποίος συνδυάζεται με ένα 6-τάχυτο σειριακό κιβώτιο που ανάλογα με τους κανονισμούς της κάθε κατηγορίας, αποδίδει έως 500 άλογα. Οι παραγγελίες της έχουν ήδη ξεκινήσει με αρχική τιμή τις £325.000 (€390.000).
[learn_more caption=”Δελτίο Τύπου”]
McLAREN GT CONFIRMS DETAILS OF ENHANCED 12C GT3 TO COMPETE GLOBALLY IN 2013
- Additional production run of the 12C GT3 confirmed to compete globally
- Revisions designed to improve overall efficiency and reliability
- 12C GT3 competitive debut season summary available to view at the official McLaren Automotive YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/72jgg4BqYsY
As was confirmed at the close of last year, McLaren GT will produce further examples of the 12C GT3 available to compete in the 2013 season. These new models are eligible for all GT3 championships and, for the first time, see the 12C GT3 available for global competition.
The 2012 season saw the 12C GT3 take part in 98 separate race events, and this was converted into 19 victories and a further 19 podium finishes for the 13 McLaren GT customer teams – a remarkable achievement for the car making its competitive debut. During the season, the 12C GT3 was only made available to European-based GT teams and, aside from a handful of standalone race events in Abu Dhabi, Azerbaijan and Macau, raced in championships across Europe. The 12C GT3 is now available to all GT teams globally and, for the first time, also collectors and non-race users.
The 12C GT3 will continue to be raced by all active GT teams who competed in 2012. In addition to this, several new teams have now taken delivery of the 2013 model year 12C GT3 and are confirmed for the forthcoming season. Clearwater Racing join McLaren GT as a customer team and, as reigning back-to-back champions in the Asia GT Championship, the striking chrome, red and green livery of the 12C GT3 will wear the number 1. In addition to this, nine-time World Rally Champion Sébastien Loeb has confirmed he will contest the FIA GT Series, and his team Sébastien Loeb Racing will run two examples of the 12C GT3. Loeb will be joined in the cockpit by McLaren GT factory driver Alvaro Parente for the six-date season.
The 2013-specification 12C GT3 features a number of changes, all of which are available as a package to existing car owners, and which are designed to offer enhanced drivability, reliability and efficiency, coupled with reduced complexity. The changes include a revised aerodynamics package, an upgraded ECU with a revised electrical system and alternative dampers.
The 2013 12C GT3 also benefits from an updated cooling system designed to optimise performance of the car in the more varied conditions found in global championships. These enhancements are evident through the updated bonnet and ducting, designed to ensure that the 12C GT3 can run competitively in higher temperatures than those experienced during 2012. The revised aerodynamic package will further improve the balance and tyre management of the 12C GT3.
The enhanced 2013 McLaren 12C GT3 costs £325,000, and is eligible for all FIA GT3-based race series.
2013 McLaren 12C GT3 technical specification
– McLaren carbon fibre MonoCell with aluminium front and rear sub-frames
– Bespoke lightweight carbon fibre body panels
– Left hand drive
– FIA approved safety roll cage
– Front splitter
– Rear wing, fully adjustable with gurney
– Front and rear diffusers
– Race prepared 3.8L V8 twin turbo McLaren M838T
– McLaren Electronics ECU interfacing with Bosch ABS and Shiftec transmission control units
– Six-speed sequential motorsport transmission pneumatically actuated via steering wheel mounted paddles
– Lightweight motorsport specification wiring and connectors
– Electronic power management system
– Membrane type switch panel
– McLaren Electronics ‘ATLAS’ data system
– Digital dash display
– Double wishbone adjustable for ride height, camber and toe
– Four-way adjustable dampers with coil over springs
– Motorsport axles with single wheel retaining nut
– Adjustable anti-roll bars
– Forged aluminium wheels: Front 12” x 18”, Rear 13” x 18”
– Electro-hydraulic power assisted steering
– Unique McLaren GT steering wheel developed from MP4-24 Formula 1 steering wheel
– Motorsport ‘bag tank’ system with 120L capacity
– Motorsport ‘quick-fill’ system
– Mobil engine and transmission lubrication
– Akebono monoblock calipers with ventilated discs:
Front – 6 piston caliper, 378Ø x 36mm disc
Rear – 4 piston caliper, 355Ø x 32mm disc
– Bosch motorsport ABS