Πάει και αυτό. Η BMW στη Φρανκφούρτη παρουσίασε το i8, το πρώτο της υβριδικό 2+2 supercar το οποίο σε σχέση με το πρωτότυπο διατηρεί αρκετά στοιχεία του, χάνοντας ωστόσο τις γυάλινες πόρτες, αλλά αυτές συνεχίζουν να ανοίγουν προς τα επάνω. Είναι το πρώτο μοντέλο της BMW που φορά τα LED φωτιστικά σώματα, αργότερα θα εξοπλιστεί και με τα νέα λέιζερ φωτιστικά σώματα, με το σασί του να είναι κατασκευασμένο από CFRP και αλουμίνιο.
Το i8 συνδυάζει έναν ηλεκτροκινητήρα στον μπροστά άξονα απόδοσης 96kW (131 ίππων) με 250 Nm ροπής και έναν turbo 1.500αρη τρικύλινδρο κινητήρα βενζίνης στον πίσω άξονα απόδοσης 231 ίππων με 320 Nm ροπής, με την συνολική απόδοση να ανέρχεται στα 362 άλογα με 570 Nm ροπής. Οι δύο κινητήρες συνεργάζονται με ένα νέο 6-τάχυτο κιβώτιο το οποίο έχει σχεδιαστεί ειδικά ώστε να μεγιστοποιούνται οι επιδόσεις του αυτοκινήτου.
Έχει αυτονομία 35 χλμ αποκλειστικά με την χρήση του ηλεκτροκινητήρα, καταναλώνει μόλις 2,5 λίτρα/100 χλμ, εκπέμπει 59 γρ/χλμ CO2, κάνει τα 0-100 χλμ/ώρα σε 4,4 δευτ. με την τελική του ταχύτητα να περιορίζεται ηλεκτρονικά στα 250 χλμ/ώρα. Μόνο με τον ηλεκτροκινητήρα του μπορεί να πιάσει τελική ταχύτητα 120 χλμ/ώρα.
Οι μπαταρίες 5 kWh φορτίζουν είτε μέσω απλής ηλεκτρικής πρίζας μέσα σε 3 ώρες, είτε μέσω του ταχυφορτιστή i Wallbox μέσα σε 2 ώρες. Η συνδυασμένη αυτονομία του ξεπερνά τα 500 χλμ στο πρόγραμμα Comfort, ενώ στο πρόγραμμα Eco Pro αυτή αυξάνεται κατά 20%. Στο Sport από την άλλη, η αυτονομία μειώνεται. Το βάρος του δεν ξεπερνά τα 1.490 κιλά, σε αυτό συμβάλει το γεγονός πως αρκετά μέρη του σασί και του σώματος είναι κατασκευασμένα από CFRP, αλουμίνιο και μαγνήσιο.
Το 2+2 σπορ αυτοκίνητο έχει αναλογία βάρους 50:50, μήκος 4.689 mm, πλάτος 1.942 mm, ύψος 1.293 mm και μετατρόχιο 2.800 mm. Έχει αεροδυναμικό συντελεστή 0,26 Cd, φορά ζάντες 20″, ενώ για πρώτη φορά σε αυτοκίνητο παραγωγής τοποθετείται το Gorilla glass της Corning. Έτσι τα τζάμια των παράθυρων του i8 είναι κατασκευασμένα από παρόμοιο υλικό που κατασκευάζονται οι οθόνες των κινητών τηλεφώνων, τα οποία είναι πάχους μόλις 0,7 mm έχοντας ανάμεσα τους ηχομονωτικό υλικό.
Θα κατασκευάζεται στο εργοστάσιο της Λειψίας με στόχο να κατασκευάζονται 10.000 μονάδες ετησίως, ενώ δεν θα υπάρξει M έκδοση του. O 3-κυλινδρος βενζινοκινητήρας θα κατασκευάζεται στο εργοστάσιο της BMW στη πόλη Hams Hall, κοντά στο Birmingham της Αγγλίας. Οι πωλήσεις του plug-in υβριδικό supercar αναμένεται να ξεκινήσουν από τα τέλη του 2013, με αρχική τιμή κοντά στις
150.000 100.000 ευρώ..
Τέλος η BMW ανακοίνωσε πως τον Αύγουστο πούλησε 118.743 μονάδες (+15,6%) και 20.653 Mini (+10,6%). Από την αρχή του έτους έχει πουλήσει 1.051.595 BMW αυτοκίνητα (+9,2%) και 192.966 Mini (+0,2%).
Περισσότερες λεπτομέρειες μπορείς να βρεις στο δελτίο τύπου που ακολουθεί καθώς και σε αυτό το pdf. Live φωτογραφίες σε λίγο!
The BMW i8. At a glance.
- World premiere for the BMW i8, the second model from new brand BMW i. First plug-in hybrid vehicle from the BMW Group and world’s most forward-looking sports car; revolutionary interpretation of BMW’s hallmark driving pleasure; groundbreaking premium character clearly defined in terms of sustainability.
- 2+2-seater with LifeDrive architecture developed specifically for BMW i, aerodynamically groundbreaking body design and visionary interior design deliver an intense driving experience; Life module passenger cell made from carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP); drive system technology, high-voltage battery, chassis, and crash and structural functions integrated into the aluminium Drive module; kerb weight: 1,490 kilograms; Cd: 0.26; very low centre of gravity (below 460 millimetres); well-balanced weight distribution.
- Emotion-led visual impression based around established BMW i design language; classical sports car proportions and fresh interpretation of BMW design features; doors open upwards like wings; clean lines, plus surface design (external and internal) based on the layering principle; full-LED headlights as standard, innovative laser headlights – unique worldwide – available as an option.
- Plug-in hybrid system developed and produced by the BMW Group represents the latest development stage of Efficient Dynamics; debut for three-cylinder petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology, displacement: 1.5 litres, output: 170 kW/231 hp, maximum torque: 320 Nm (236 lb-ft); power sent to the rear wheels via a six-speed automatic gearbox; model-specific hybrid synchronous electric motor, output: 96 kW/131 hp, maximum torque: 250 Nm (184 lb-ft); power channelled through the front wheels via a two-stage automatic transmission; lithium-ion high-voltage battery with liquid cooling and usable capacity of 5 kWh.
- Combination of BMW TwinPower Turbo and BMW eDrive technology plus intelligent energy management produce system output of 266 kW/362 hp (max. torque: 570 Nm / 420 lb-ft) and give the BMW i8 the performance characteristics of a pure-bred sports car (0 – 100 km/h / 62 mph in 4.4 seconds) combined with fuel economy and emissions figures more familiar from a small car (EU fuel consumption: 2.5 litres per 100 km / 113 mpg imp); “glued-to-the-road” AWD driving experience with torque distribution geared towards optimised dynamics.
- Driving Experience Control switch and eDrive button allow driver to choose from five driving modes; range of up to 35 kilometres (22 miles) on electric power alone and a top speed of 120 km/h (75 mph); COMFORT mode offers optimum balance between dynamics and efficiency; combined range in everyday conditions: over 500 kilometres (310 miles); SPORT mode with ultra-intense boost function provided by the electric motor; ECO PRO mode can be used in both all-electric mode and hybrid mode.
- Sophisticated chassis technology featuring a double-wishbone front axle and a five-link rear axle; Electric Power Steering; Dynamic Damper Control comes as standard; 20-inch light-alloy wheels are standard, carbon wheels are optional.
- Intelligent lightweight construction with elements including a CFRP passenger cell, doors with a CFRP-aluminium structure, an instrument panel with magnesium support, an aluminium chassis and a partition between the passenger compartment and boot made from thin glass; comprehensive safety concept and an ultra-torsionally stiff passenger cell.
- Extensive standard equipment includes the Navigation system Professional with proactive drive system for all-electric driving, fully-digital instrument display, BMW iDrive with freestanding Control Display and leather sports seats; choice of four exterior paint finishes and four interior equipment variants.
- Wide range of BMW ConnectedDrive features: Park Distance Control, cruise control system with braking function, rain sensor and Intelligent Emergency Call function as standard; optional driver assistance package with High Beam Assistant, a rear view camera, Surround View, Speed Limit Info including No Passing Info display, and Collision Warning with pedestrian recognition and braking function; also available are the Head-Up Display, BMW Online Entertainment, Concierge Services, Real Time Traffic Information and mobility services developed specifically for BMW i, e.g. intermodal route guidance.
- Services specifically developed for BMW i as part of the 360° ELECTRIC programme: BMW i Wallbox for convenient battery charging at home, ChargeNow card giving customers a cash-free payment option at public charging stations, innovative mobility services such as MyCityWay and ParkatmyHouse; flexible sales concept enables made-to-measure mobility solutions.
- All-embracing sustainability concept running like a thread through the value chain; carbon fibre production and vehicle assembly using 100-per cent renewable electricity; high proportion of recycled materials; use of materials manufactured and treated in an environmentally friendly manner.
Dr.-Ing. Dr.-Ing. E.h. Norbert Reithofer, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Peter Schwarzenbauer, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, MINI, BMW Motorrad, Rolls-Royce, Aftersales BMW Group, Dr. Ian Robertson (HonDSc), Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Sales and Marketing BMW, Sales Channels BMW Group, Dr.-Ing. Herbert Diess, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Development, BMW Group press conference, 65th International Motor Show
Dr.-Ing. Dr.-Ing. E.h. Norbert Reithofer,
Chairman of the Board of Management, BMW AG
Every age has its vision.
Our products have set many developments in motion and helped write the history of mobility.
This is the fourth time I have stood before you at the IAA Motor Show. Together, we will show you today how we are opening the door to the future.
On that note: Welcome to the 2013 International Motor Show in Frankfurt!
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Our history shows that: Our thinking and actions are always geared towards the long term. We anticipate change and chart our own course.
As a pioneer in individual mobility, we have always had a decisive impact in this field.
• The New Class showed that premium cars could be sporty and elegant back in the Sixties.
• The BMW X5 created the segment for Sports Activity Vehicles in the Nineties.
• And we also succeeded in bringing the British icons MINI and
Rolls-Royce into the twenty-first century.
Our tradition is the foundation on which we are building both the present and the future. Thanks to our classic vehicles!
All around the world, people know and love BMW, MINI und Rolls-Royce. Our cars and our motorcycles always generate enthusiasm.
Customers know and sense that mobility is our passion.
As a sector leader, we define what premium is. That requires foresight – and a keen sense of customer needs and social trends.
• individual needs and ecological necessities,
• established approaches and revolutionary ideas,
• economic success and responsibilities.
That is what has made us the number one in the global premium segment for many years.
Today, we are on the verge of a new era of sustainable individual mobility.
We believe in electro-mobility. And, even more importantly, we are putting it on the road.
Many of you will recall that we presented the first BMW i concept cars right here in Frankfurt in 2011. Ever since, the letter i has stood for innovation and a new dimension of sustainability in the automotive sector.
We deliver on our promises. Today, visions are becoming reality.
I invite you to:
• Experience the power of ideas.
• Experience our innovative capabilities.
• Experience the present and future of mobility.
We will see each other again in just a few moments.
Peter Schwarzenbauer, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, MINI, BMW Motorrad, Rolls-Royce, Aftersales BMW Group
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Desirability is not a matter of size.
Not so long ago, a premium offering in the small car segment was unthinkable.
That was before MINI.
The BMW Group re-launched the British icon back in 2001. Since then, MINI has conquered existing segments and created new ones.
Today, MINI is an independent, global brand.
More than 300,000 customers bought a MINI last year. For them, MINI is more than just a car. It is a way of life.
Today, MINI has almost nine million Facebook fans worldwide.
We have the right car for every MINI driver. The current model range comprises seven models. Each of them is also available as a John Cooper Works variant – for those looking for more sportiness and the ultimate racing feeling.
MINI is a brand in motion.
It continues to evolve – with
• new ideas,
• new models,
• new engines – including electrification.
MINI will continue to grow and win new customers. Like all our brands, it will contribute to the success of the BMW Group.
But MINI will always remain true to itself. Because there can be no future without a past.
I was born at the same time that the first MINI came onto the market. Like many of you, I grew up with MINI. The brand has always fascinated me and been a part of my life.
So, I can promise you:
Anyone who buys a MINI will always be guaranteed maximum driving fun and hallmark cult design.
But you can rest assured that:
We will make certain that MINI remains everything but conventional.
Because MINI is absolutely “not normal”.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The BMW Group made automotive history with the rebirth of Rolls-Royce.
It all began with the Phantom, with other models to follow.
Together, they make Rolls-Royce what it is today: the absolute pinnacle of the automotive ultra-luxury segment.
“Take the best that exists and make it better.” Company founder Sir Henry Royce’s guiding principle is both an obligation and a source of inspiration for us.
Anyone who visits our manufacturing facility in Goodwood soon realises that:
This is a place where craftsmanship and innovation become one;
where every one of our specialists works with passion and dedication.
Our customers depend on that. Almost 3,600 of them last year, in fact – more than ever before in the long history of the Rolls-Royce brand.
But Rolls-Royce is not a brand that competes on volume. Our bespoke motor cars have always been rare and desirable.
Our focus is firmly on the customers – with all of their personal wishes and needs – while, at the same time, making a positive contribution to the success of the entire BMW Group.
Our latest model is the Rolls-Royce Wraith – a car of superlatives.
The most powerful, and in my opinion, most beautiful car ever to be graced by the Spirit of Ecstasy.
Its performance delivers what its design promises.
A V12 TwinTurbo engine with 632 horsepower – there has never been a Rolls-Royce like this before. It surges from zero to hundred in just 4.6 seconds.
But it is just as luxurious and cultivated as you would expect from a Rolls-Royce.
Take advantage of the opportunity at our stand to sit inside – and you will understand what I am talking about.
Rolls-Royce not only has a magnificent history. Even more importantly, it has tremendous potential for the future.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
From the automotive luxury class to sheer driving pleasure on two wheels.
I am proud to say that BMW Motorrad is coming into top form – just in time for its ninetieth anniversary.
Although the relevant market volume has halved over the last five years, we remain on course for a new sales record. We sold nearly 84,000 motorcycles in the year to the end of August.
Germany is still home to most of our customers. But at the same time we are also developing growth markets in Asia and South America.
We will introduce another four motorcycle models before the end of the year.
And that is by no means all.
Today marks a new chapter for BMW Motorrad, with: the world premiere of the BMW C evolution.
This bike is proof that:
Electric “sheer driving pleasure” is possible right now – on two wheels, offering total everyday driveability with:
• a range of up to 100 kilometres and
• easy charging at any household power outlet.
The C evolution features battery modules and electrical components that are also used in the BMW i3. Its electronics meet our passenger-car standards – to ensure maximum safety.
All in all: a maxi-scooter from BMW Motorrad –
customised for emission-free driving in the city.
In 2014, the BMW C evolution comes onto the market.
BMW Motorrad is perfectly equipped for the future.
You could say our customers are spoilt for choice.
Dr. Ian Robertson (HonDSc), Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Sales and Marketing BMW, Sales Channels BMW Group
Ladies and Gentlemen,
BMW is a sporty brand. And M is still the most powerful letter in the world.
We launched our BMW M Performance models for all of our customers who want to combine particularly sporty handling with greater everyday driveability.
And what a success they have been!
From January to July 2013, we increased sales of M and M Performance models by more than 45 per cent year-on-year.
More and more customers are ordering their BMW with an M sports package. This year, we already sold 160,000 of these packages – an increase of almost 50 per cent.
Our custom equipments are also in great demand. By the end of July, we have already sold almost 19,000 cars with BMW Individual equipment.
Our aim is to not only satisfy our customers, but also to amaze them again and again. And that applies just as much to our core BMW brand as to BMW M.
And here we have two world premieres to prove it!
Please welcome the new BMW 4 Series Coupé.
For us, one thing was clear: A model this unique needs its own name. The 4 signifies even more presence, aesthetic appeal and dynamic performance.
Its one-of-a-kind design makes this coupé a real eye-catcher.
This car has everything it needs to expand BMW’s leading position in this segment.
The BMW 4 Series Coupé will be in showrooms from October.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Whenever we put a BMW on the road, it always has a clear mission: to be the benchmark for an entire industry.
The BMW X5 fulfils this mission like no other.
This vehicle is a true pioneer.
The BMW X5 was the world’s first premium SAV – and is still its most successful. It created a new segment – and has dominated it since.
We have sold more than 1.3 million units since 1999 – that’s why it has earned the nickname “the boss”.
Here’s what you can expect from the third generation:
• more sportiness and comfort,
• improved fuel economy,
• and the combined innovative power of BMW ConnectedDrive.
The new X5 will be in showrooms from November.
We are confident that: The new X5 and the entire BMW X Family will continue to fascinate our customers.
And now we’ll show you how you will soon be able to drive the X5 even more efficiently.
Dr.-Ing. Herbert Diess, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Development
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Yet another world premiere: Here you have the BMW Concept X5 eDrive.
With its plug-in hybrid drive train, it features a four-cylinder combustion engine and an electric motor we developed ourselves.
• More than 270 horsepower system performance.
• An average fuel consumption of less than 3.8 litres per
100 kilometres in the EU test cycle.
• CO2 emissions of less than 90 grams per kilometre.
• A pure-electric range of up to 30 kilometres.
• A maximum pure-electric speed of 120 km/h.
• From zero to 100 km/h in under seven seconds.
It is the first BMW plug-in hybrid with permanent all-wheel drive – and provides a glimpse of what a series-produced vehicle could look like.
By the way, we have another plug-in hybrid here on the stand:
The BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor.
Its efficient hybrid drive train is part of Efficient Dynamics.
No other manufacturer has reduced the fuel consumption and CO2 emissions of its vehicles in recent years more than we have.
Today, Efficient Dynamics technologies are in every model.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The BMW Group has adopted a dual-track approach to the future.
On the one hand, extremely economical combustion engines and plug-in hybrids. That is what we refer to as “evolution”.
On the other, the sustainable BMW i family. That is what we call “revolution”.
The BMW i3 is the first premium electric vehicle designed from the ground up as an electric car: “Born Electric”, in other words.
To produce the BMW i3, we use electricity from wind and hydropower.
But, above all else, this car is proof that: Electric driving is not only emission-free.
More than anything else it is: sheer driving pleasure in its purest form.
And I don’t just say that as head of development.
• It has been confirmed by the many journalists who have taken it for a test drive.
• And you, Ladies and Gentlemen, will have the chance to experience the i3 for yourselves with a test drive here at the IAA.
So, what makes it so unique?
• It weighs less than 1,200 kilos, for a start. Using carbon more than compensates for the battery weight.
• It has a remarkably small turning circle of 9.86 m, thanks to its “purpose-built” design. Its rear engine allows more room for steering the front wheels – which makes it perfect for sheer driving pleasure in the city.
• With step-less acceleration to top-speed, it sprints from zero to hundred in 7.2 seconds. Maximum torque is available from a standstill.
• It also has a lot of room. Although its exterior dimensions are smaller than those of a small car – inside, it is as spacious as a BMW 3 Series.
• We have developed special features to make electro-mobility more customer-friendly. The dynamic range assistant always shows the driver where the next charging station is located and calculates the range – taking into account the route, driver profile, drive mode and current traffic. The i3 is also the first car networked with public transport services.
• And, not least, its design ensures that it is instantly recognisable as a true BMW.
Around 100,000 people have already registered for a test drive. That confirms our optimism.
The revolution has begun.
And the i3 is just the beginning.
Where we go from here, you will discover in just a moment.
Dr.-Ing. Dr.-Ing. E.h. Norbert Reithofer, Chairman of the Board of Management, BMW AG
Ladies and Gentlemen,
That is something not even an engineer gets to experience every day. BMW has never had a car like this before.
This here is a new generation of sports car: The BMW i8.
• Back in 2009, we showed you a revolutionary concept study right here in Frankfurt: the BMW Vision Efficient Dynamics. In the midst of the financial and economic crisis, it was our way of sending a clear signal.
• In 2011, we presented the concept car – which even made it into a Hollywood blockbuster.
Still, many people doubted whether the i8 would actually be built. They saw it as a “Mission Impossible”.
But, here it stands today as a series model.
And it is just as emotional, dynamic and efficient as we promised.
The BMW i8 combines the best of both worlds.
1. A super-charged, efficient three-cylinder petrol engine, and
2. an electric motor built by the inventor of “Sheer Driving Pleasure”.
Together that produces:
the values of a sports car – with the fuel economy of a small car.
• From zero to hundred in 4.4 seconds
• A fuel consumption of 2.5 litres per 100 kilometres.
• 59 grams of CO2 per kilometre.
• A pure-electric range of 35 kilometres.
• An everyday range of 500 kilometres.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
That is what I call consistency. The BMW i8 is innovative down to the last detail.
And it will be on the market from early 2014 on.
Our BMW i family shows that:
• We believe in the success of e-mobility.
• We plan to capture significant market share.
• We built an own production site for our electric cars, and
• We intend to grow profitable with electro-mobility.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The future belongs to those who dare.
We at the BMW Group continue to lead the way. We take responsibility seriously, while concentrating exclusively on premium – with every brand of our company.
Behind every car, we see a customer. His or her satisfaction is the benchmark for all our actions.
My Board of Management colleagues and I are firmly committed to this.
And so are our more than 100,000 BMW Group employees worldwide.
Their creativity and enthusiasm is our most important asset.
Together, we are shaping the future of mobility.
BMW Group reports highest sales ever for August
Munich. BMW Group reported its highest ever sales for the month of August, with a total of 139,648 vehicles delivered worldwide, an increase of 14.8% over the same month last year (prev. yr. 121,628). Worldwide sales year-to-date also reached an all-time high with 1,246,528 vehicles sold, an increase of 7.7% over the same period in 2012 (1,157,807).
“The BMW Group achieved an all-time high in sales for the month of August. For the very first time, we sold over one million BMW brand vehicles in the first eight months of the year. The company is well on course to attain growth in sales for the full year. Today we presented new models such as the BMW 4 Series Coupé and the third generation BMW X5, which will provide for additional momentum towards the end of the year”, said Ian Robertson, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Sales and Marketing BMW, at the 65th International Motor Show in Frankfurt/Main.
In the month under review, worldwide sales of BMW brand vehicles climbed 15.6% to 118,743 units (prev. yr. 102,742). Strong growth was achieved in many model segments. Sales of the BMW 3 Series surged 38.6% to 34,943 units (prev. yr. 25,215). Demand for the BMW X3 remained high, with sales increasing 7.3% to 10,532 vehicles (prev. yr. 9,816). The BMW 5 Series continued its success story with 28,364 units sold last month (prev. yr. 23,341/ +21.5%). Upper segment BMW vehicles also performed well with 1,976 BMW 6 Series vehicles sold (prev. yr. 1,747/ +13.1%) and the company’s flagship, the BMW 7 Series, was delivered to 4,764 customers (prev. yr. 3,787/ +25.8%). A total of 1,051,595 BMW brand vehicles (prev. yr. 963,141) have been delivered to customers worldwide since the start of the year – an increase of 9.2%.
MINI also reported its best August figures ever with 20,653 deliveries worldwide (prev. yr. 18,672/ +10.6%). Sales of the MINI Hatch climbed by 22.5% last month to 9,662 units (prev. yr. 7,886) and MINI Convertible deliveries increased by 8.2% to 1,548 cars (prev. yr. 1,431). The brand continued to record strong growth in Asia: Mainland China (2,460/ +31.1%) and South Korea (550/ +22.2%). Year-to-date, MINI worldwide sales are at around last year’s level with 192,966 vehicles delivered to customers in the first eight months (prev. yr. 192,651/ +0.2%).
Demand for BMW Group vehicles was particularly high in Asia and the Americas, where the company achieved strong double-digit growth in the month under review.
In Asia, the company delivered 48,620 vehicles, an increase of 27.9% compared to August last year (38,002). Mainland China accounted for 34,166 deliveries, an increase of 34.6% on the previous year (25,377). Sales in South Korea climbed 37.7% to 3,810 vehicles (prev. yr. 2,766). Year to date, the BMW Group has sold 367,441 vehicles in Asia (prev. yr. 312,059/ +17.7%), including 249,160 units in Mainland China (prev. yr. 207,425/ +20.1%).
The company posted strong gains in the Americas last month with a total of 37,672 vehicles sold to customers, an increase of 29.3% on the previous year (29,142). In the U.S., a total of 30,546 BMW and MINI vehicles were delivered, an increase of 35.4% on August last year (22,553). From January through August, the BMW Group has sold 288,189 vehicles in the Americas (prev. yr. 256,838/ +12.2%), including 233,326 units in the U.S. (prev. yr. 208,268/ +12.0%).
In Europe, sales for the BMW Group were slightly lower than August last year, with 48,218 vehicles delivered (prev. yr. 49,354/ -2.3%). The company reported a total of 20,241 registrations in Germany, a plus of 12.8% compared to the previous year (17,952). The main growth driver was the BMW 3 Series. Year to date, company sales have remained stable in Europe with a total of 548,148 vehicles delivered to customers (prev. yr. 547,378/ +0.1%). In Germany, 180,262 BMW Group vehicles were registered from January through August (prev. yr. 185,849/ -3.0%).
BMW Motorrad achieved an all-time high for August with sales climbing 4.2% to 7,708 vehicles delivered (prev. yr. 7,400). Year-to-date, BMW Motorrad has sold 83,890 vehicles, an increase of 9.3% on the same period in the previous year (76,729).
BMW Group sales in/up to August 2013 at a glance
|In August 2013||Comp. to previous year||Up to/incl. August 2013||Comp. to previous year|
|BMW Group Automobiles||139,648||+14.8%||1,246,528||+7.7%|