Από τις “χτυπητές” αλλαγές είναι τα νέα σκουρόχρωμα φωτιστικά σώματα, που ενσωματώνουν τα LED φώτα ημέρας, ενώ και τα πίσω είναι ελαφρώς αλλαγμένα και διαθέτουν τρισδιάστατα γραφικά. Δύο νέα χρώματα είναι διαθέσιμα στην παλέτα των επιλογών, το Stone Gray και το Platinum Grey, ενώ και ανανεωμένα είναι τα σχέδια των ζαντών, που φτάνουν μέχρι τις 18 ίντσες.
Στο εσωτερικό, το σαλόνι μπορεί να επενδυθεί με δυο νέες αποχρώσεις, την Liberia Grey και το Rayados Mistral, ενώ η 7-ιντση οθόνη αφής αντικαθιστά κάποιους από τους διακόπτες και κουμπιά της κεντρικής κονσόλας.
Κάτω από το καπό η Citroën εξοπλίζει το μεσαίο της hatchback με νέους Euro6 κινητήρες. Αρχικά, ο PureTech 110 αποδίδει 110 άλογα στις 5.500 σ.α.λ. και 205 Nm ροπή στις 1.750 σ.α.λ., συνδυάζεται με ένα εξατάχυτο χειροκίνητο κιβώτιο, που μεταφέρει την κίνηση στους εμπρός τροχούς, με την μέση μικτή κατανάλωση να ανέρχεται στα 4,7 λίτρα/100 χλμ., ενώ οι εκπομπές ρύπων τα 110 γρ/χλμ. Ακολουθεί ο PureTech 130 με 130 άλογα στις 5.500 σ.α.λ. και 230 Nm στις 1.750 που συνδυάζεται μόνο με ένα 6-τάχυτο αυτόματο κιβώτιο, με την κατανάλωση του 4,8 λίτρα/100 χλμ. Από πλευρά πετρελαιοκινητήρων υπάρχει ο BlueHDi 100 με απόδοση 100 ίππων και 254 Nm ροπή και ο BlueHDi 120 με 120 άλογα και 300 Nm ροπή.
[learn_more caption=”Δελτίο Τύπου”]
CITROËN C4 RANGE: WHAT’S NEW IN 2015
- Citroën C4 Range to be updated in 2015, on sale in the UK for Spring
- Updates include new light signature, useful technologies and latest-generation engines
- Available with two PureTech petrol engines and three BlueHDi Diesel engines
Launched in 2010, with over 450,000 vehicles produced at the Mulhouse plant in France, the second-generation Citroën C4 is being updated in 2015 with a new light signature, technologies and latest-generation engines.
Setting the standard for comfort in its segment, the Citroën C4 is a compact hatchback delivering an elegant design, all-round comfort, and outstanding driveability – all proof of Citroën’s creativity and technological know-how.
The Citroën C4 New Range, available in the UK in Spring 2015, features:
- a new light signature that makes the front end more expressive, with LED running lights, and adds a more dynamic touch to the rear with 3D-effect tail lights
- new upholstery materials and a simpler dashboard featuring a new centrally located 7” Touch Screen
- comfort is increased with standard-setting acoustic features, an optional massaging front seat, and a panoramic glass roof equipped with electric blind. The Citroën C4 is also spacious thanks to its 2.61mwheelbase, split foldback rear seats, and a boot volume of 408 litres, setting the standard in this segment
- useful technologies, with the introduction of the hands-free keyless entry and start, and a new 7-inch Touch Screen grouping all the media and navigation functions. Features designed to simplify driving include Hill Start Assist, Intelligent Traction Control and the Blind Spot Monitoring system
- latest-generation engines that enhance driveability and reduce fuel consumption. The 3-cylinder PureTech petrol engines and BlueHDi Diesels all meet Euro 6 standards
The Citroën C4 chrome chevrons connecting the headlights and the ribbed bonnet curving into the sides make its front end immediately recognisable.
The new headlights, with two 3D chrome-finish modules on a gloss black background, also give the Citroën C4 New Range a different look. LEDs add expression to the slender lights stretching out to the wings to create a unique light signature.
The new rear 3D-effect lights highlight the sleek, wide tailgate. Touches of chrome on the front and rear bumpers and weather strips, plus the new 17” Miami alloy wheels enhance the premium appearance.
The C4 New Range is available in a choice of nine colours, of which two are new (Platinum Grey and Spirit Grey).
Inside, the Citroën C4 New Range features a modern, uncluttered dashboard with a new 7” Touch Screen. The seats offer firm support for a comfortable ride and are available with new upholstery choices including the Black/Grey Rayados cloth and the Grey Liberal cloth.
The interior of the Citroën C4 is plush, with the finest materials in the segment found throughout; soft leather on the dashboard, jersey on the roof, and touches of chrome on the steering wheel controls, air vents and gear lever.
The Citroën C4 New Range is designed to offer the driver and passengers comfort, peace of mind, and a unique motoring experience.
The Citroën C4 features superb road handling and precision steering that translate into exceptional safety and stress-free driving. Proven technologies such as McPherson-type front suspension, flexible transverse beam, and electro-hydraulic steering reflect Citroën’s know-how and contribute to high standards in comfort and driveability. The Citroën C4 also delivers excellent body roll control, and responds well in evasive or emergency manoeuvres.
Technologies to aid the driver such as Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, Emergency Braking Assistance and intelligent traction control coupled with ESP contribute to its well-balanced road handling.
COMFORT IN THE CABIN
The Citroën C4 promises an enjoyable and stimulating driving experience. Contributing features include:
- comfortable seats, including a massaging seat with electric lumbar adjustment for the driver (option only)
- a windscreen with an angle of 27° visibility at the top
- a large panoramic sunroof measuring 1.3m², with electric blind, providing plenty of light (option only)
- excellent acoustics; the Citroën C4 sets the standard here, with noises absorbed close to their source. Techniques include soundproofing film in the windscreen, absorbers in the engine compartment, and sealing barriers on the bodyshell and doors
- also available is a high-performance audio system using sound spatialisation technology and the DENON hi-fi system with digital amplifier, rear tweeters and subwoofers
- a driving position with all controls within easy reach, a 230V socket and a flashlight in the boot
SPACE AND VERSATILITY
The Citroën C4 boasts space, versatility and convenience. It provides plenty of space, with a 2.61m wheelbase and rear seat with ample elbowroom of 1.45m.
Citroën C4’s dimensions are unchanged, with a length of 4.33m, width of 1.79m, and height of 1.49m. Its boot volume of 408 litres, the largest in its category, still sets the standard in the market. All that space is useable too.
The Citroën C4 offers generous storage, with a huge glove box, door panels in the front large enough for a 1.5 litre bottle, drawers under the front seats, along with storage space on the dashboard and under the front armrest. It is also as versatile as ever, with split folding seats (2/3–1/3), and a ski trap to carry long, cumbersome objects.
The Citroën C4 New Range makes daily life simpler and more delightful with an array of useful and intuitive technologies.
One example is the new 7” Touch Screen. Besides streamlining the dashboard visually, this new screen groups:
- a new Touch Screen navigation system that displays map, speed limits, takes account of traffic conditions, and suggests the most fuel-efficient route
- media (including radio, audio streaming, and portable-device connectivity)
- telephone (hands-free functionality via Bluetooth, directory access, and double-call management)
- settings for the vehicle
TECHNOLOGIES FOR EASY, TROUBLE-FREE DRIVING
Smart technologies that make driving easier and trouble-free include:
- Keyless entry and start allowing the vehicle to be unlocked and started while the electronic key remains in the driver’s pocket
- Intelligent Traction Control (ITC) provides a better grip on slippery surfaces by detecting conditions that make it difficult to start up and move forward. In these situations, the ITC replaces the anti-slip regulation (ASR) and transfers the drive force to the wheel with the best grip to maximise traction and keep the car moving in the right direction
- Hill Start Assist is an electric parking brake that automatically holds the vehicle steady for two seconds to allow an easy start on gradients of over 3%
- Front fog lamps with static cornering lighting. These lights shine an additional beam on the inside of corners, thus improving visibility and safety in corners. They are turned on in two ways: when the turn signal is activated or when the angle of the turning wheel reaches 60°. They light up an angle of up to 75° on either side of the vehicle
- The Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) designed to deal with a loss of alertness by the driver, the cause of many accidents, particularly on motorways. It uses sensors in the front bumper, this system ‘reads’ the continuous or broken lines on the road and warns the driver when the vehicle crosses them.
- The system, which can be deactivated, operates at speeds above 49.7mph. When the vehicle crosses a line and the turn signal has not been turned on, the driver is warned by one of two vibrating mechanisms in the seat cushion. The vibrating device activated is on the side of the seat corresponding to the drift of the car
- The ultrasonic Blind Spot Monitoring System warns the driver when a vehicle is in a blind spot with an orange diode in the corner of the rear view mirror. Consisting of four sensors in the front and rear bumpers, this system is activated at speeds between 10mph and 70mph. It monitors the area from the front rear view mirror to about 5m behind the rear bumper and 3.5m on the side of the vehicle
The Citroën C4 New Range features new Euro 6-compliant engines that combine fuel efficiency with high standards of performance: two PureTech petrol engines and two BlueHDi Diesel engines.
The PureTech 110 manual and PureTech 130 S&S manual petrol engines
Designed and manufactured in France, the PureTech engines (a new family of 3-cylinder petrol engines) incorporate innovative technologies to deliver up to 25% lower fuel consumption.
Following the PureTech 130 S&S 6-speed manual turbocharged unit introduced last March, a new engine has been added to the C4 Range: the PureTech 110 manual gearbox. Based on the 3-cylinder architecture of the naturally aspirated engines in the PureTech family, the turbocharged versions are equipped with an advanced, high-performance turbo compressor (240,000rpm) and a central high-pressure direct injection system (200bars).
To withstand the additional stress borne by turbocharged engines, compared with naturally aspirated engines, parts have been strengthened.
- The aluminium cylinder head is reinforced with copper to withstand heavy loads
- The aluminium engine block (also used in the naturally aspirated version) is heat-treated, and the sleeves (poured, as for the naturally aspirated version) are coated with aluminium for better heat removal
- The crankshaft is steel (replacing the cast iron used for the naturally aspirated versions)
- The valves are hollow and contain sodium to better cool the valve heads
- The connecting rods are ultra-high-performance steel (high-yield strength, high mechanical resistance, high fatigue resistance)
- The engine is lubricated by a variable flow oil pump, with the pressure regulated by the engine control system to precisely adjust the flow and pressure to requirements
The PureTech 110 manual gearbox engine delivers maximum power of 81kW (110hp EEC) at 5,500rpm and torque of 205 Nm at 1,750rpm, making the Citroën C4 responsive and agreeable to drive. This engine’s performance is 60.1 combined cycle and 110g of CO2 per km with ultra-low rolling resistance tyres.
BlueHDi 100 Diesel with a manual gearbox, and the BlueHDi 120 S&S with a 6-speed manual gearbox
Since the end of 2013, Citroën has rolled out a new generation of diesel engines called BlueHDi. These drastically reduce nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions and lower CO2 emissions by up to 4%, thus providing technology to comply with the more stringent Euro 6 regulations.
The BlueHDi 100 manual gearbox and the BlueHDi 120 S&S six-speed manual gearbox, with a capacity of 1,560cm3 deliver maximum power of, respectively, 73kW (99hp EEC) at 3,750rpm and 88kW (120hp EEC) at 3,500rpm. The torque at 1,750rpm (higher than the preceding generation’s) is 254 Nm for the BlueHDi 100 manual unit and 300 Nm for the BlueHDi 120 S&S 6-speed manual unit.
The Stop & Start technology with an upgraded starter used with the BlueHDi 120 engine offers numerous advantages, including no noise when the car is stopped, lower fuel consumption and reduced greenhouse gas emissions. The engine cuts out when you come to a stop and the gearbox is in neutral and the clutch pedal is released. When the clutch pedal is pressed down again, the engine restarts within about 500ms, or less than the time needed to shift into gear.
The BlueHDi 120 S&S with a six-speed manual gearbox delivers combined cycle consumption of 78.5mpg and CO2 emissions of 95g/km with ultra-low rolling resistance tyres.
Citroën’s BlueHDi engines already meet the future Euro 6 standard thanks to an innovative exhaust line featuring:
- an oxidation catalyser located at the engine exhaust manifold to eliminate the hydrocarbons (HC) and carbon monoxide (CO) coming from the fuel combustion
- a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) module located upstream of the particulate filter to transform up to 90% of nitrogen oxide (NOx) into water vapour (H2O) and nitrogen (N2), both non-toxic, through the injection of Adblue®* (a mixture of water and urea)
- the additive particulate filter invented by PSA Peugeot Citroën, which made its world debut in 2000. It eliminates the number of particulates by up to 99.9%.
An innovatively structured exhaust line with a unique set of technologies: the SCR catalyser positioned upstream of the additive particulate filter is the only post-process system capable of reducing NOx emissions by up to 90% while decreasing CO2 emissions by up to 4%.
*The Adblue® is stored in a 17 litre tank in the rear of the vehicle. This quantity is sufficient for a range of 20,000km. The tank can be easily refilled through the tank opening located in the trunk.