Οι ‘Αγγλοι της Aston Martin ανακοίνωσαν σήμερα τις τιμές του Cygnet, του νέου μικρού αυτοκινήτου της το οποίο έχει διαστάσεις 3.0 μέτρα μήκος, 1.7 μέτρα πλάτος και 1.5 μέτρα ύψος. Όπως μας είχε δηλώσει αποκλειστικά τον Δεκέμβριο Brand Manager της Aston Martin, Andy Haslam το αυτοκίνητο ξεκινά από τις £30.995 (€36.600) και θα είναι διαθέσιμο σε 2 ειδικές εκδόσεις. Η πρώτη ονομάζεται Cygnet Launch Edition White και όπως καταλαβαίνεις είναι βαμμένο σε λευκό χρώμα (Snow White το ονομάζει η Aston Martin). Εξωτερικά διαθέτει επίσης αρκετά χρωμιομένα διακοσμητικά και 2 ματ λωρίδες ενώ το εσωτερικό του είναι επενδυμένο με λευκό δέρμα και με χρωμιομένα διακοσμητικά.
Η δεύτερη έκδοση ονομάζεται Cygnet Launch Edition Black, βαμμένο σε μαύρο χρώμα με αποχρώσεις του πράσινου. Οι 2 ματ λωρίδες και τα χρωμιομένα διακοσμητικά υπάρχουν και εδώ ενώ το εσωτερικό του είναι επενδυμένο με μαύρο δέρμα.
Μηχανικά διαθέτει τον ίδιο κινητήρα με το Toyota iQ, τον 4κύλινδρο 1.33 Dual VVT-i που αποδίδει 98 άλογα με 125 Nm ροπής. Δύο κιβώτια είναι διαθέσιμα, ένα 6 τάχυτο μηχανικό και ένα αυτόματο CVT. Τεχνολογικά το αυτοκίνητο διαθέτει σύστημα Start/Stop, σύστημα ένδειξης αλλαγής ταχύτητας , ΑBS, 9 αερόσακου, ESP, keyless entry, θερμαινόμενα καθίσματα, navigation και σύστημα εκκίνησης χωρίς κλειδί. Το αυτοκίνητο θα ξεκινήσει τις πωλήσεις του στην Ευρώπη από τον Απρίλιο του 2011. Αναλυτικές λεπτομέρειες στο δελτίο τύπου που ακολουθεί.
[Πηγή: Aston Martin]
[learn_more caption=”Δελτίο Τύπου”]
ASTON MARTIN CYGNET LAUNCH EDITIONS; WHITE AND BLACK
- Aston Martin confirms launch details for new Cygnet city car
- Two special launch editions to commence production of city car at company’s Gaydon headquarters in the UK
- An Aston Martin Tailor-Fit solution for the city offering luxury and individuality
Gaydon, 20 January 2011: Aston Martin announces the arrival of the ultimate city car, a Tailor-Fit solution for urban driving in the contemporary metropolis, with two strictly limited Cygnet launch editions.
To celebrate the commencement of production, the new Aston Martin Cygnet will be available in two special launch edition models, each exemplifying the highly bespoke nature of this unique car. The two Cygnet Launch Edition models; White and Black, are available with either standard manual or optional CVT automated transmission and each will be produced for a strictly limited time.
Cygnet is a bespoke luxury commuter car, designed to take you into the heart of the city, with ultra-compact packaging and low-emission engine technology. These efficiencies are paired with the manufacturing and craft skill that is closely associated with Aston Martin. Craftsmanship and meticulous attention to detail characterise each Cygnet, and the extremely high levels of interior finish are exemplified by the choice of materials and colours on these two unique models.
Cygnet Launch Edition White brings together a serene exterior; finished in Snow White paint with a mix of silver mesh, chrome brightwork and White Diamond turned alloy wheels. The interior of the White edition features seats hand trimmed in Pearl white leather with perforated Alcantara inserts, complemented by satin chrome. On the exterior, Aston Martin’s attention to detail is exemplified with the iconic wings badge appearing in matching white.
In contrast, Cygnet Launch Edition Black features Magic Black metallic paint with a specially developed deep sea green effect, offset by matt black louvers and chrome brightwork. Inside, the seats and dash are finished in pure black full grain leather, perforated in a specially-developed diamond pattern. Dark chrome accents adorn the cabin, while the wings badges are rendered in black throughout.
Both Cygnet Launch Editions also come with a bespoke Bill Amberg five-piece luggage set, especially designed for and tailored to Cygnet. Available in a contemporary combination of black leather with technical fabric, the set comprises glove box bag, removable door pocket bag, holdall, garment bag and a collapsible tote bag.
Cygnet has generated a huge level of interest amongst both existing Aston Martin owners and customers new to the brand. High tech, compact and built to the same exacting standards and levels as Aston Martin’s acclaimed range of sports cars, Cygnet has already become the perfect addition to a V8 Vantage, DB9, Rapide, DBS or the forthcoming One-77 as the ultimate means of metropolitan transport.
Cygnet benefits from highly sophisticated active and passive safety technology to protect driver, passengers and pedestrians, with a range of breakthrough features rarely seen in small cars. Cygnet delivers everything the city driver needs, from essential equipment like ABS, nine airbags, stability control, electronic brake assist and retractable door mirrors to a luxurious interior specification, including keyless entry and start, heated seats, and satellite navigation, all packed into a car that is just three metres long.
Despite its compact but neatly-proportioned form, Cygnet is clearly recognisable as an Aston Martin. The marque’s characteristic design language, including signature details such as the metal grille, elongated side strake and inverted rear lights, establish a distinguished, solid form with strong road presence.
Cygnet is the eighth major production car Aston Martin has introduced at its state-of-the art Gaydon facility since 2004, and is assembled in a new dedicated facility by the same skilled local workforce of technicians and craftspeople that create Aston Martin’s award-winning range of sports cars. Cygnet demonstrates Aston Martin’s ongoing commitment to British manufacturing, supported by a strong local supplier network providing the finest materials and components. As a result, Cygnet’s build quality matches its discrete styling, the richly detailed interior and exterior forming a visual and tactile delight.
The Aston Martin Cygnet is a car without compromise, as dedicated to urban functionalism as its sporting siblings are to driver involvement, dynamics and long-distance comfort. With space for up to four adults, Cygnet is light, compact, safe, efficient and highly manoeuvrable.
Launch Edition White and Launch Edition Black epitomise Cygnet’s qualities; craft and skill in a luxurious but compact package, with heart, soul and personality Tailor-Fit for the modern city.
Cygnet production commences in April 2011 and is initially on sale now through Aston Martin’s European dealership network, with the company actively working on expanding market availability by 2012.
Cygnet production commences in April 2011 and is initially on sale now through Aston Martin’s European dealership network, with the company actively working on expanding market availability by 2012. Prices start from £30,995.
Aston Martin Cygnet Specification
– Two door body style with full width tailgate and four seats
– Bright aluminium front upper and lower grilles
– Bright metal side strakes with Silver or black mesh
– Matt black or Magnum Silver bonnet vents
– Bi-halogen headlights
– LED tail lamps
– Rear spoiler and diffuser blade
– Chrome door mirror caps, heated and electrically retractable
– Side turn indicators on outer door mirrors
– Rain sensing wipers
– Dusk sensing headlamps
– Front fog lamps
– Rear privacy glass with washer jet and wiper
– Rear Parking sensors
– Rear tailgate bright finisher
– Dimensions – Length: 3.0 metres; Width: 1.7 metres; Height: 1.5 metres
– 1.33 litre Dual VVT-i engine
– 4 in line cylinders
– 16 Valve DOHC (Double Overhead Camshaft) chain drive
– Electronic fuel injection
– Front mounted engine
– Front-wheel drive
– Fully catalysed stainless steel exhaust system
– Compression ratio 11.5:1
– Max power 72 kW (97 bhp / 98 PS) at 6000 rpm
– Max torque 125 Nm (92 lb ft) at 4400 rpm
– Max speed 106 mph (170 km/h)*
– Acceleration 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h)
o 11.8 seconds [6-speed manual]*
o 11.6 seconds [MultiDrive]*
– Fuel economy – Combined cycle (mpg)
o 56.5 mpg [6-speed manual]*
o 54.3 mpg [MultiDrive]*
– CO2 emissions – Combined cycle
o 116 g/km [6-speed manual]*
o 120 g/km [MultiDrive]*
– Six-speed manual (with Stop & Start technology and gear shift indicator)
– Optional MultiDrive CVT (with Eco Driving Indicator)
– Front mounted differential
– Rack and pinion, Servotronic speed-sensitive power-assisted steering, 3.0 turns lock-to-lock
– Column tilt and reach adjustment
Wheels & tyres
– 16” 16-spoke black painted diamond turned alloy wheel
Or 16” 16-spoke white painted diamond turned alloy wheel
– Front and rear Bridgestone B250 175/60 R16
– FrontMacPherson strut system
– Reartorsion beam
– Frontventilated brake discs 255mm diameter
– Rearsolid brake discs 259mm diameter
– Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
– Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
– Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
– Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
– Traction Control (TRC)
– Vehicle Stability Control+ (VSC+)
– Portable satellite navigation system with integrated Bluetooth mobile phone connection
– Automatic climate-controlled air conditioning
– Hand stitched leather steering wheel with audio switches
– Hand stitched leather gearshift knob
– Cirrus Grey Alcantara headlining
– Four-piece floor mats with leather edge binding
– Machined aluminium interior features
– Electrochromatic auto dimming rear-view mirror
– Electric windows
– Rear seat stowage tray under rear seats
– Keyless entry (driver and passenger doors plus boot)
– Keyless start
– Mutli-information display: audio, average speed, clock, outside temperature, current and average fuel consumption
– SRS front airbags: driver and passenger
– SRS curtain shield airbags: driver and passenger (front and rear)
– Driver’s SRS knee airbag
– Seat cushion airbag switch-off
– Seat belt warning: driver, passenger and rear occupants
– Front seat belts: 3-point ELR with pre-tensioners and force-limiters
– Rear seat belts: 3-point ELR
– Whiplash Injury Lessening (WIL) concept seat: driver and passenger
– ISOFIX child restraint system
– Rear seat headrests
– Rear seats 50:50 split folding
– Bill Amberg five piece luggage set;
Bill Amberg glove box bag
Bill Amberg removable door pocket bag
Bill Amberg holdall
Bill Amberg garment bag
Bill Amberg collapsible tote bag
– Bonnet Louvre colours:
o Magic Black
OR Magnum Silver
– Garage door opening mirror
– First aid kit
– Cygnet Launch Edition sill plaque
In Car Entertainment
– Radio, CD, six speakers including MP3, Windows Media Player (WMA) and MPEG (MP3) audio file compatibility
– 3.5 mm auxiliary input socket
NOTE: *predicted figure, subject to change