Η μικρή Vantage φορά νέο χαμηλότερο μπροστά προφυλακτήρα με splitter, επανασχεδιασμένα πλαϊνά spoiler και νέο πίσω προφυλακτήρα με διαχύτη. Επίσης φόρεσε μεγαλύτερα φρένα, μεγαλύτερα ελαστικά και ένα γρηγορότερο σύστημα διεύθυνσης.
Μηχανικά, ο V8 4.7-λίτρων κινητήρας συνεχίζει να αποδίδει 426 άλογα ενώ η Vantage S συνεχίζει να αποδίδει 436 άλογα με με 490 Nm ροπής. Ο κινητήρας, συνδυάζεται με ένα 6-τάχυτο μηχανικό κιβώτιο ενώ υπάρχει διαθέσιμο και νέο 7-τάχυτο Sportshift II που αντικαθιστά το 6-τάχυτο αυτόματο Sportshift κιβώτιο. Η τιμή του στην Γερμανία ξεκινά από τα €108.500 και €128.500 για την Vantage S έκδοση.
Σε ότι αφορά το πρόγραμμα παραμετροποίησης “Q” , οι Βρετανοί μιλούν για μια “νέα εποχή” παραμετροποίησης και μέσω του νέου προγράμματος προσφέρουν νέα custom χρώματα ανάλογα με τις επιθυμίες του πελάτη ενώ το εσωτερικό των αυτοκινήτων της μπορεί να πλέον να γίνει εφάμιλλο της πολυτέλειας των yacht.
[Πηγή: Aston Martin | Live Photos: Autoblog.nl]
ASTON MARTIN AT GENEVA 2012
2 March 2012, Gaydon: 2012 marks the fifth anniversary of an independently owned Aston Martin, one of the world’s most acclaimed manufacturers of luxury sports cars. Fittingly, 2012 will also be the year that the new V12 Zagato makes its debut as a production car demonstrating that now, more than ever before, Aston Martin is at the forefront of bespoke manufacturing, the new dynamic in the luxury marketplace.
The past twelve months have seen Aston Martin’s global dealership network expand further into new markets, cementing the brand’s appeal to aficionados of dynamic driving, sporting luxury and bespoke design. China continues to play an important role. Since entering the market in 2008, Aston Martin has opened seven dealerships, with a flagship location in Shanghai’s Pudong district, the largest ever Aston Martin dealership. This year, 13 additional showrooms are due to open in China. Together they are targeting to increase retail sales in the region from 190 in 2011 to around 700 in 2012.
Aston Martin’s global image is driven by its elegant dealerships, which set the benchmark for automotive retail design. Aston Martin’s global presence is extensive, with 136 dealerships in 42 countries. New markets are continually being added, including South America, India and Turkey.
2012 sees the arrival of the revised V8 Vantage range. Enhancements include the introduction of Aston Martin’s acclaimed Seven-speed Sportshift™ II transmission, with a new aerodynamic package derived from the motorsport variants of the Vantage range. In keeping with Aston Martin’s philosophy of continuous improvement, the 2012 Vantage range includes upgrades to chassis and braking.
The Vantage range is now topped by the new V12 Zagato. Created by a team at the Gaydon studios led by Aston Martin’s Director of Design, Marek Reichman, the V12 Zagato is a celebration of the long-standing collaboration between the two companies, a fitting testament to the importance Aston Martin places on design, technology, craftsmanship and skilled British manufacturing. Just 150 examples will be made at Aston Martin’s Gaydon factory.
Aston Martin continues to derive technological enhancements from both its racing programme and the extensive research and development that has gone into the One-77 project. In particular, Aston Martin’s experience with carbon-fibre is class leading, and the ability to prepare, fit and finish carbon-fibre components has been carried through into the V12 Zagato and will continue to filter through the Aston Martin range of sports cars.
Dr Ulrich Bez has overseen the company’s modern renaissance since his appointment as Aston Martin’s CEO in July 2000. During that time, Aston Martin has evolved from a small scale manufacturer to global player, preserving and enhancing the Aston Martin name and transforming it into an internationally lauded brand with a positive operating profit since 2005. In 2010 the company reported revenue of £474.3m and adjusted EBITDA of £93.3m. In 2011 Aston Martin retail sales remained stable at 4,200 but a lower adjusted EBITDA is expected due to an increase in the relative cost of sales of more than 3%. Full year 2011 results will be announced in April.
Aston Martin will exhibit eight cars at the 82nd International Motor Show at Geneva’s Palexpo this March, including the European debut of the limited edition V12 Zagato in production form, the V8 Vantage S and recently revised V8 Vantage, a DBS Coupe, V12 Vantage and Rapide. Also on display are two unique cars prepared by the new bespoke service, Q by Aston Martin.
Q by Aston Martin
Q by Aston Martin is a service that goes beyond the standard palette of paint, leather and trim finishes, taking the company into a new era in personalisation. A team that brings Aston Martin’s designers together with the company’s engineers and highly experienced craftspeople, allowing customers to enhance and personalise their Aston Martin with meticulous attention to detail.
The service can be extended to interior and exterior styling, offering almost endless opportunity for expression. Thanks to Aston Martin’s unique VH (Vertical Horizontal) Architecture, the philosophy that forms the backbone of its sports cars, the company has evolved a fast, flexible and modular approach to engineering. With Q by Aston Martin, the ability to commission the design and manufacture of your unique car is now within reach.
Q by Aston Martin can help to design and procure luxury items beyond the customers’ car. This could extend to colour matching a Brompton bicycle to their Aston Martin, supporting the customer’s architect to design their house, or creating colour themes and materials for the interior specification of a yacht.
The Virage and Cygnet models presented at Geneva have been enhanced and personalised to include unique colour and trim finishes, each car is a one-off showcase for the possibilities offered by Q by Aston Martin. The Virage with a bespoke Mariana Blue satin paint finish with an interior that includes blue carbon fibre, saddle leather floor mats, and striking yellow detailing, together with exclusive concept components, including a header mounted track-day HD video camera, luggage rack and striking forged, diamond turned wheel, all of which have been developed by the team, illustrating the scope of the service and the lengths to which customers can go with their individual requests.
The Cherry Tree Cygnet translates this bespoke service to Aston Martin’s acclaimed Tailor-Fit city car. Finished in Cherry Tree raspberry paint with a kestrel tan interior, the Cygnet includes specially developed photographic leather headlining, as well as a tailor-made colour-matched three piece luggage set, unique brogue leather detailing on the seats and a colour-matched Brompton bicycle for extra urban manoeuvrability.
In 2012, Aston Martin offers customers a remarkable fifteen models, including Rapide, the DBS Coupe and DBS Volante, Virage Coupe and Volante, DB9 Coupe and DB9 Volante, the V8 Vantage Coupe and Vantage Roadster, the Vantage S Coupe and Roadster and the V12 Vantage. In addition, there is the Cygnet city car and One-77 supercar, and the line-up will be joined by the V12 Zagato in mid-2012.
Personalisation, customisation and special options ensure customers have a practically unlimited choice. Aston Martin is a company with strong values, class leading product and a highly skilled workforce. A pioneer in design, technology and manufacturing, Aston Martin continues to be a global leader and a beacon of British design and manufacturing. Innovation, in all its forms, is central to Aston Martin’s ethos.
THE NEW ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE RANGE FOR 2012
- Improvements to V8 Vantage further enhance dynamics, style and value
- Seven-speed Sportshift™ II transmission replaces six-speed Sportshift™ unit
- Chassis and braking upgrades deliver greater feel, response and control
- Motorsport-derived aerodynamic package sharpens V8 Vantage’s award-winning looks
- V12 Zagato enters production to become flagship of Vantage range
- Vantage range RRP* starts from £84,995 / €108,500 (Germany)
20 February 2012, Gaydon: The Aston Martin Vantage range continues to evolve with a comprehensive array of improvements to the V8 Vantage aimed at enhancing the dynamic feel, style and competitive pricing of the marque’s entry-level sports car. There are also changes at the top-end of the Vantage range with the new and ultra-exclusive V12 Zagato assuming the role of flagship when it enters production later this year.
In the most comprehensive programme of enhancements since 2008, the revised 4.7-litre 420bhp (426PS/313kW) entry-level V8 Vantage features a raft of improvements first seen in the critically acclaimed Vantage S. The standard six-speed manual transmission remains, but the optional six-speed Sportshift™ automated manual transmission has now been replaced with the seven-speed Sportshift™ II. With an additional gear, closer ratios, lower final drive and a quicker, refined shift quality, this new gearbox – designed and manufactured specifically for Aston Martin – provides faster and more precise shifts, optimises acceleration and delivers a sporting driving experience.
Further dynamic enhancements centre on the V8 Vantage’s chassis, which features developments from the Vantage S. Quicker steering, bigger brakes and wider tyres have all been fitted to further enhance the V8 Vantage’s class-leading poise and make it even more responsive and exciting to drive. A new steering column installation, re-valved power-steering pump and a quicker ratio of 15:1 compared to 17:1 on the previous model ensure the new V8 Vantage steers with even greater precision, handles with more agility and provides more feedback for a completely engaging drive.
Stopping power and pedal feel have been significantly increased thanks to new 380mm two-piece ventilated cast-iron front discs and six piston callipers. This new braking system also includes Hill Start Assist (HSA) for more precise control on steep inclines. The V8 Vantage also comes with tyres that are 10mm wider than the outgoing model. Not only does this increased contact area improve the V8 Vantage’s already prodigious levels of road-holding, but it allows the more responsive steering and stronger brakes to be fully exploited.
To reflect its enhanced performance the V8 Vantage has received a number of styling changes inspired by the Vantage S and N400 limited edition. At the front a lower bumper – complete with aerodynamic splitter – houses a larger air intake that feeds the engine and front brakes. At the rear a diffuser creates added drama and function, while sculpted race-derived side sills complete the V8 Vantage’s more muscular look.
These technical and styling changes have been applied to both the V8 Vantage Coupe and Roadster models, with prices starting from RRP £84,995 / €108,500 (Germany).
The RRP £99,995 / €128,500 (Germany) Vantage S remains the most generously equipped, highest performing and most driver-focussed V8-engined model in the range. Developing 430bhp (436PS/321kW) at 7300rpm and 490Nm (361lb ft) of torque at 5000rpm the Vantage S’s more potent state of engine tune perfectly complements the Sportshift™ II close-ratio seven speed automated manual transmission, which is fitted as standard. A sports exhaust system unique to the ‘S’ further emphasises its sporting credentials, delivering a rousing soundtrack, totally in keeping with the intensity of the driving experience.
Carbon fibre detailing of the Vantage S’s motorsport-derived aerodynamic package makes a discreet and highly appealing visual distinction from the V8 Vantage, while inside the ‘S’ variant features a sumptuously trimmed interior that demonstrates Aston Martin’s unique ability to combine the craftsmanship of traditional hand-stitched leather upholstery with striking modern design. The company’s fully integrated satellite navigation system developed in conjunction with Garmin is now fitted as standard along with Bluetooth and cruise control.
Production of the sensational V12 Vantage continues unchanged; this acclaimed model delivering its unrivalled blend of extreme performance, exclusivity and practicality in one unique package. Powered by a 6.0-litre V12 engine producing 510 bhp (380 kW / 517 PS), and 570 Nm (420 lb ft) of torque, this remarkable evolution of the Vantage has a top speed of 190 mph (305 km/h) and 0-62 mph (0-100 kp/h) time of 4.2 seconds while its uniquely thrilling character distinguishes it from the rest of the range.
Later this year the Vantage range will be joined by the exotic V12 Zagato, created in 2011 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the iconic DB4GT Zagato. A prototype V12 Zagato caused a sensation by winning the prestigious Villa D’Este concours and competing in the Nürburgring 24-hour race. Now, less than 12-months after its dramatic debut, the V12 Zagato – employing a unique blend of bespoke Italian design, hand-built craftsmanship and advanced technology – is poised to enter strictly limited production, with first deliveries to commence later this year.
Racing is in Aston Martin’s DNA and the Vantage is at the forefront of Aston Martin’s motorsport activity. The Vantage first went racing in 2006, when Aston Martin’s CEO Dr Ulrich Bez and members of the company’s engineering department took a near-standard V8 Vantage to the gruelling Nürburgring 24 hour race. Since then GT4 versions of the V8 Vantage have become a force to be reckoned with, spawning one-make race series and winning their class in Dubai, Nürburgring, Silverstone and Spa 24-hour races. For 2012 Aston Martin Racing is stepping up a gear with the new V12 Vantage focused race car. Currently undergoing an extensive test programme this spectacular new racing car will be in action throughout the 2012 season.
Combining iconic styling, thrilling performance, true craftsmanship and exclusivity the revitalised Vantage range boasts unprecedented breadth and appeal. The revised V8 Vantage together with the rest of the range is available to order now from Aston Martin’s global dealer network.
Technical Specifications – V8 Vantage
- Two-seat, two-door coupe or soft-cover convertible top body style
- Extruded bonded aluminium VH body structure
- Aluminium, magnesium alloy, composite and steel body
- Extruded aluminium door side-impact beams
- Halogen projector headlamps (main beam)
- High Intensity Discharge headlamps (dipped beam)
- LED rear lamps
- All-alloy quad overhead camshaft, 32-valve 4735 cc V8
- Front mid-mounted engine, rear-wheel drive
- Fully catalysed stainless steel exhaust system with active bypass valves
- Compression ratio 11.3:1
- Maximum Power 313 kW (420 bhp / 426 PS) at 7300 rpm
- Maximum Torque 470 Nm (346 lb.ft) at 5000 rpm
- Maximum Speed 180 mph (290 km/h)
- Rear mid-mounted six-speed manual transmission
- Optional rear mid-mounted ‘Sportshift II’* seven-speed automated manual transmission
- Alloy torque tube with carbon fibre propeller shaft
- Limited slip differential
- Final Drive Ratio 3.909:1 (manual); 4.182:1 (‘Sportshift II’)
- Rack and pinion, power-assisted steering, 2.62 turns lock-to-lock
- Column tilt and reach adjustment.
Wheels & tyres
- 19” V-Spoke cast alloy silver painted wheels with diamond turned finish
- Front 8.5J x 19” Bridgestone Potenza RE050 245/40 ZR19
- Rear10.0J x 19” Bridgestone Potenza RE050 285/35 ZR19
- Front Independent double wishbones incorporating anti-dive geometry, coil springs, anti-roll bar and monotube dampers
- Rear Independent double wishbones with anti- squat and anti-lift geometry, coil springs, anti-roll bar and monotube dampers
- Front Ventilated and grooved two-piece floating discs, 380mm diameter with six-piston callipers
- Rear Ventilated and grooved steel discs, 330mm diameter with four-piston callipers
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)
- Positive Torque Control (PTC)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Traction Control
- Full grain leather interior
- Piano Black facia trim and Graphite centre console finish
- Leather-trimmed sports steering wheel
- Electrically operated Sports seats with side airbags
- Dual-stage driver and passenger front airbags
- Powerfold exterior heated mirrors
- Heated rear screen
- Automatic temperature control
- Organic Electroluminescent (OEL) displays
- Trip computer
- Rear parking sensors
- Tyre-pressure monitoring
- Alarm and immobiliser
- Remote-controlled central door locking and boot release
- Glass ECU
- Tracking device (UK only)
- LED map lamps
- Lamy pen and pen holder
In Car Entertainment:
- 160 W Aston Martin audio system with six-CD autochanger
- Integrated Apple iPod®connector4
- USB connector with Waveform Audio Format (WAF), Windows Media Player (WMA) and MPEG (MP3) audio file compatibility
- V-Spoke cast alloy graphite painted wheels with diamond turned finish
- 10-Spoke forged alloy silver painted wheels with diamond turned finish
- 10-Spoke forged alloy graphite painted wheels with diamond turned finish
- Sport suspension (coupe only)
- Carbon fibre body pack (front splitter and rear diffuser)
- Bright-finish grille
- Magnum Silver bonnet and side stake meshes
- Clear rear lamps
- Alternative brake caliper finish – black, red, silver
- Front parking sensors
- Lightweight seats with six-way electrical adjustment
- Memory front seats and exterior mirrors (three positions) (included as standard with Lightweight seats)
- Heated seats (not available with Lightweight seats)
- Passenger seat with ISOFIX (fixed height) (Sports seats only)
- Alternative facia trim finishes – Walnut, Mahogany, Tamo Ash, Bamboo, Iridium Silver interior with Piano Black
- Colour-keyed leather sports steering wheel
- Indented leather seat inserts
- 700 W Aston Martin Premium Audio system with Dolby® Pro Logic II®
- 1000 W Bang & Olufsen BeoSound audio system with ICEpower®technology
- Satellite navigation system
- Cruise control
- Bluetooth® telephone preparation
- Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror
- Auto dimming interior rear view mirror with garage door opener
- Alarm upgrade (volumetric and tilt sensor)
- Second glass ECU
- Tracking device
- Personalised sill plaques
- Ashtray and cigar lighter
- Boot mounted umbrella
- Wind deflector (Roadster only)
- First aid kit
- Length 4385 mm (172.6”)
- Width (excluding mirrors) 1865 mm (73.5”)
- Width (including mirrors) 2025 mm (80.0”)
- Height (Coupe) 1260 mm (49.6”)
- Height (Roadster) 1270 mm (50.0”)
- Wheelbase 2600 mm (102.5”)
- Front Track 1570 mm (62.0”)
- Rear Track 1590 mm (62.6”)
- Turning Circle 11.38 m (37.3 ft) (kerb to kerb)
- Boot Capacity (Coupe) 300 litres (10.6 cu ft)
- Boot Capacity (Roadster) 144 litres (5.0 cu ft)
- Fuel Capacity 80 litres (17.6 UK gal)
- Kerb Weight (Coupe) 1630 kg (3595 lb)
- Kerb Weight (Roadster) 1710 kg (3770 lb)
Fuel Consumption1 litres/100 km (mpg):
- Urban 19.6 (14.4)
- Extra-urban 10.4 (27.2)
- Combined 13.8 (20.5)
- Urban 19.2 (14.7)
- Extra-urban 9.3 (30.4)
- Combined 12.9 (21.9)
Gas Mileage (North America only)
- City 13 mpg
- Highway 19 mpg
- City 14 mpg
- Highway 21 mpg
- 321 g/km
- 299 g/km
1Data not applicable to North American market *Recommended Retail Price (RRP) includes taxes (UK & Europe)