Όπως περιμέναμε από τις ανακοινώσεις της Renault, η Γαλλική εταιρία παρουσίασε την 4η γενιά του Scenic στην Γενεύη. Μία 4η γενιά που έρχεται με νέο, εντυπωσιακό σχεδιασμό και μεγαλύτερες διαστάσεις και τέλος, μία 4η γενιά που έρχεται να τοποθετηθεί στο κενό που υπάρχει ανάμεσα στην κατηγορία των MPV και των crossover.
Το τελευταίο, γίνεται άμεσα εμφανές από τον σχεδιασμό που αναμιγνύει τις καθαρές και “χρηστικές” γραμμές ενός MPV, με το παρουσιαστικό ενός crossover. Χαρακτηριστικό παράδειγμα, οι εξαιρετικά μικροί πρόβολοι αλλά και οι τεράστιες ζάντες 20 ιντσών οι οποίες βρίσκονται στον βασικό εξοπλισμό με ελαστικά διαστάσεων 195/55. Κατά τα άλλα, το εμπρός μέρος υιοθετεί τη νέα σχεδιαστική ταυτότητα της Renault, το παρμπρίζ είναι τοποθετημένο με έντονη κλίση και συνεχίζει στην οροφή ενώ το πίσω μέρος μοιάζει πιο “συγκρατημένο” με βασικό χαρακτηριστικό τα φώτα και το τζάμι με το ιδιαίτερο σχήμα.
Η ίδια περίπου σχεδιαστική φιλοσοφία συνεχίζεται και στο εσωτερικό με το ταμπλό να είναι κάπως οδηγοκεντρικό ενώ γι’ αυτούς που θέλουν μία πιο “ανοιχτή” καμπίνα, μέρος της κεντρικής κονσόλας μπορεί να ανοιχτεί. Σημαντική είναι και η αναβάθμιση στα υλικά του εσωτερικού αφού έχουν χρησιμοποιηθεί μαλακά πλαστικά και καλαίσθητα διακοσμητικά που δημιουργούν μία αύρα πολυτέλειας. Η ίδια η Renault λέει ότι θέλει από το Scenic να ελκύει πελάτες που θέλουν στυλ αλλά και πρακτικότητα από το αυτοκίνητο τους. Εκτός από την απόλυτα βασική έκδοση, όλες οι υπόλοιπες προσφέρουν δύο οθόνες – μία κάθετη, 8.7 ιντσών στην κεντρική κονσόλα και μία οριζόντια, 7 ιντσών που αντικαθιστά τον συμβατικό πίνακα οργάνων. Όσον αφορά στον χώρο αποσκευών, αυτός έχει χωρητικότητα 572 λίτρων ενώ διαθέσιμο προαιρετικά είναι και το σύστημα One Touch Folding που αναλαμβάνει το ηλεκτρονικό “ρίξιμο” των πίσω καθισμάτων, είτε μέσω ενός κουμπιού στο πορτ-μπαγκάζ, είτε μέσω της κεντρικής κονσόλας.
Το νέο Renault Scenic είναι διαθέσιμο με 6 πετρελαιοκινητήρες απόδοσης από 95 έως 160 ίππων –συμπεριλαμβανομένου και του Hybrid Assist μοντέλου- και 2 βενζινοκινητήρες με ισχύ 115 και 130 ίππων. Το μοντέλο εξοπλίζεται με ένα 6-τάχυτο, μηχανικό κιβώτιο, ενώ στον προαιρετικό εξοπλισμό υπάρχει και ένα 6-τάχυτο, αυτόματο, διπλού συμπλέκτη (για τον diesel με τα 110 άλογα) και ένα 7-τάχυτο, αυτόματο, διπλού συμπλέκτη (για τον κορυφαίο diesel). Δυστυχώς, σε αυτό το σημείο δεν γνωρίζουμε τις επιδόσεις ή την οικονομία καυσίμου του Scenic.
[learn_more caption=”Δελτίο Τύπου”]
- World Premier of All-New SCENIC at Geneva Motor Show
- Takes design inspiration from 2011 R-Space concept car
- All-New SCENIC receives 20-inch wheels as standard
- Unique-in-segment safety features such as standard AEBS with Pedestrian Detection
- Best-in-class stowage capacity
- Infotainment from the segment above
- Six diesel and two petrol engines available with manual and EDC transmissions
- Hybrid Assist diesel version to follow
- Grand Scenic version to debut before summer. Both versions on sale in UK this winter
World Premier of the All-New Renault SCENIC
In 1996, the first-generation Scénic saw Renault invent the compact multi-purpose vehicle (MPV). Today, 20 years later, Renault has redefined the concept.
The new SCENIC is a modern, assertive MPV that will be bought not only for the driving enjoyment it delivers, but also for the comfort the whole family will be able to enjoy whilst travelling.
The design and appeal of the new Renault SCENIC breaks away from conventional MPV cues thanks to the new model’s unprecedented proportions, the fitment of 20-inch wheels across the range and a head-turning two-tone colour scheme that is unprecedented in the segment.
True to its DNA, the new SCENIC meets the needs of families. It takes the modularity that forged the success of the model’s earlier generations to a new level to make everyday motoring even easier, including a One Touch Folding system for the rear seats.
Meanwhile, in addition to a comprehensive list of other driving aids, the new SCENIC is the only compact MPV to feature AEBS (Active Emergency Braking System) with Pedestrian Detection as standard equipment.
The new SCENIC also packs features more usually associated with the next segment up, such as MULTI-SENSE technology, R-LINK 2 complete with an 8.7-inch screen and a colour head-up display. The fourth generation of the model will also be available with an electrified Hybrid Assist diesel powertrain.
The new Grand SCENIC will be revealed before the summer and both cars will go on sale in the UK this winter.
Ground-breaking styling for even greater appeal
Surprising proportions and large-diameter wheels
“We wanted the new SCENIC to break new ground. It is a sexier and more modern take on the MPV which carries over the outstanding modularity that has been paramount to the success of the model’s three previous generations over the past 20 years. Its proportions and large-diameter wheels draw inspiration from the R-Space concept car.”
Laurens van den Acker– Senior Vice President, Corporate Design
The new SCENIC establishes a fresh approach to the MPV and much of its inspiration comes from the R-Space concept car that was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in 2011. Chief features include re-designed proportions, painstaking quality and meticulous attention to detail, both inside and out.
The design of the new SCENIC marks a major shift, if only because of its unprecedented proportions. It sits on large 20-inch wheels – the standard fitment across the range – and its nicely-balanced lines make it especially pleasing to the eye, thanks to a lower roof line, longer wheelbase and shorter rear overhang compared with those of its predecessor. Its fluid silhouette, broad shoulders and belt line that rises towards the rear imbue it with a new sense of dynamism. Wider tracks at both the front and rear ideally position the wheels at the four corners of the vehicle to ensure a particularly solid stance
|Dimensions||The New SCENIC||Compared to Scénic 3|
|Ground clearance||170mm||+ 40mm|
|Front track||1,594mm||+ 49mm|
|Rear track||1,583mm||+ 36mm|
|Rear overhang||741mm||+ 16mm|
Like those of the R-Space concept car, the new SCENIC’s steeply-raked windscreen and short bonnet heighten the elegance of its MPV silhouette. At the same time, the three-part screen – a first for the SCENIC and a feature carried over from the new Espace – combines a panoramic view with improved side vision.
The new SCENIC’s expressive front end includes a distinctive lighting signature. Depending on version, the C-shaped front headlights benefit from LED PURE VISION technology, while Edge Light technology provides the taillights with a 3D effect.
Unprecedented: 20-inch wheels for all versions
Probably the most ground-breaking feature of the new SCENIC’s design is the fitment of 20-inch wheels as standard across the range. These narrower wheels (195mm) are both a technological and styling innovation.
With a sidewall height of 107mm – equivalent to that of the Scénic 3’s 17-inch tyres – the new SCENIC’s tyres ensure a level of ride comfort that is amongst the market’s very best.
This bold design choice was a key guiding principle behind the project from the start. Indeed, these large wheels make an active contribution to the car’s balanced proportions and are customisable on demand thanks to a comprehensive choice of rims and inserts, called ‘add-ons’. These rims and add-ons have also been devised to save weight and streamline the car’s aerodynamics, which leads to lower fuel consumption.
The unique size of these wheels (195/55 R20), and the fitment of specifically developed tyres for lower energy consumption and enhanced aerodynamic efficiency, also guarantee class-leading rolling resistance.
The new SCENIC’s CdA of 0.775 represents an improvement of 0.065 over that of the Scénic 3 (0.840).
A status-enhancing interior with two driving configurations
A key feature of the new SCENIC’s spacious cabin is the continuity of the dashboard’s lines across the door panels and the harmony of the materials employed (foam-backed materials, chrome beading) which heighten the impression of space. The layout of the uncluttered dashboard is more driver-centric than that of the Scénic 3. Shielded by a curved visor, the instrument panel is positioned directly in the driver’s line of sight and incorporates Renault’s full-colour head-up display for even greater driving enjoyment. The optional large fixed panoramic glass roof does not necessitate the fitment of a central brace, thereby allowing occupants to enjoy an even brighter cabin.
Meanwhile, the sliding centre console located between the front seats enables the driver to customise the cabin layout at will:
- When the centre console is in the forward position, it tucks beneath the large portrait-format display to form a single unit, creating a saloon-car cockpit feel for the driver who still benefits from the high-up seating position associated with MPVs.
- With the console in its rearmost position, the new SCENIC boasts a more ‘open plan’ arrangement that can be shared between the driver and the car’s other occupants.
A two-tone colour scheme unique in the segment
The new SCENIC offers a two-tone livery which is unique in the compact MPV segment. This elegant colour scheme gives the vehicle a distinctive, modern look by highlighting its dynamic proportions. The two-tone option is available from the second equipment level upwards and is a standard feature of high-end versions (depending on market).
Two roof colours are available, as a function of the selected body colour – either black metallic or grey metallic.
The new SCENIC: true to the spirit showcased by the R-Space concept car
Renault unveiled its R-Space concept car at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2011. A modern incarnation of the brand’s famous ‘Voitures à Vivre’ philosophy, the R-Space was a sensuous MPV capable of seamlessly blending elements long believed to be incompatible: matching sportiness with a family-friendly focus and pairing functionality with sensuous styling.
Reflecting the evolving nature of society, the objective of the R-Space was to mirror the modern family dynamic, by being at the same time sporty yet welcoming, strong yet comforting, and innovative yet mindful of its environment. Its lines were taut and the profile of its side windows was tapered towards the rear. The R-Space heavily influenced the new SCENIC’s design team from the outset, as seen in the forward-sloping windscreen, along with the production model’s MPV silhouette, panoramic glass roof and tall 20-inch wheels that very quickly became a key feature of the project.
Travelling comfort still very much at the heart of the new SCENIC
A vehicle that blends comfort and living space
For the past 20 years, the Scénic has been a home-away-from-home for families by preserving the fundamental features of comfort whilst travelling.
The new SCENIC duly offers a cabin that is spacious, comfortable and ingenious in its modularity:
- The front seats copy the structure of those seen inside the new Espace (including dual-density foam). Meanwhile, the massaging, heated seats of the model’s higher-end versions benefit from eight-way electric adjustment. Electric lumbar support is also available for high-end versions.
- The One Touch Folding system, operated, depending on version, by a tap on the R-LINK 2 screen or by activating a switch in the boot, automatically folds away the rear seats to provide a flat floor configuration; providing easy access to an optimised carrying space.
- As in the Scénic 3, the front passenger seat back of certain versions can be tipped forward to form a small table.
- In all versions, the two parts of the 60/40-split second-row seat slide fore and aft independently.
- The sliding centre console – a key feature of the SCENIC – has evolved so as to cater to the new requirements of both front and rear passengers, providing up to 13 litres of storage capacity. The front part of the console offers a lit stowage area protected by a sliding cover, plus an integrated armrest, underneath which can be found charging and connection points for front occupants. Rear passengers have access to two USB ports, an audio jack socket, a 12V socket and their own dedicated storage space.
Best-in-class stowage space and smart equipment
The boot of the new SCENIC boasts a volume of 496cc VDA (equivalent to 572 litres), representing an increase of 26cc VDA over the Scénic 3. This puts the new SCENIC’s boot inside the top three in the compact MPV segment for volume.
The new SCENIC stands out as the class leader in the compact MPV segment with a total additional stowage capacity of 63 litres:
- The Easy Life drawer, another feature drawn from the new Espace, faces the front passenger seat and offers a storage area of 11.5 litres. That’s three litres more than a conventional glove box. Lit and chilled, it opens via an electronic sensor and automatically locks when the vehicle stops.
- In addition to the Easy Life drawer and centre console, the new SCENIC boasts a number of other ingenious stowage solutions for a total capacity of 38.5 litres. This is achieved notably by retaining the four underfloor compartments that have always been particularly appreciated by families.
In the back, the new SCENIC is equipped with smart Easy Life folding tables, ideal for family use on longer journeys. They open to reveal a small storage area that can accommodate a mobile phone, a gaming console or perhaps crayons, whilst it is also possible to attach electronic tablets of different sizes. The two USB ports at the rear of the centre console mean electronic devices can be used without time restraints.
The impressive array of family-focused equipment inside the new SCENIC continues with sunblinds for rear passengers, either as standard equipment or available as an option, depending on version.
Advanced technology for a reassuring driving experience
Active Emergency Braking System (AEBS) with Pedestrian Detection fitted as standard – unique in the segment
The new SCENIC is the only compact MPV to offer AEBS (Active Emergency Braking System) with Pedestrian Detection fitted as standard. This driving aid provides active emergency braking when a pedestrian is detected in the vehicle’s path. This function works across a speed range of 7 to 60kph. AEBS with pedestrian detection assumes the following role:
- It analyses the environment around the vehicle by detecting both stationary and mobile pedestrians and estimating their intended path
- It visually and audibly alerts the driver to the risk of a collision between the vehicle and a pedestrian
- It automatically applies the brakes and brings the vehicle to a complete halt in the case of an imminent risk of collision with a pedestrian, if the alerts emitted to the driver are not sufficient
The system evaluates data captured by two sensors benefitting from different technologies, namely a front- facing camera and a radar located in the same housing on the inside of the windscreen, behind the rear-view mirror.
In addition to AEBS with Pedestrian Detection, the new SCENIC offers two other new innovations for Renault vehicles:
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA): this feature works at speeds between 70 and 160kph and takes control of the steering should the vehicle begin to drift, helping to keep it in the correct lane if necessary
- Fatigue detection warning
The new SCENIC similarly boasts all of the market’s major driving aids that can be found in the new Espace, the Talisman and the new MEGANE. These Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) – which can be accessed and activated via the R-LINK 2 tablet – combine to provide the following functions:
- To reassure: Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC, operational between 50 and 160kph) and Active Emergency Braking System (AEBS). In the new SCENIC, AEBS also works at low speeds, operating between 7 and 160kph
- To alert: Lane Departure Warning (LDW), which is haptic in the new SCENIC (i.e. it causes the steering wheel to vibrate rather than emitting an audible alert); Safe Distance Warning (SDW); Traffic Sign Recognition with Over Speed Prevention (TSR with OSP); Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
- To assist: reversing camera; automatic dipped and main beam headlights (AHL); front, rear and side parking sensors; and Easy Park Assist (hands-free parking)
Hybrid assist available for the new SCENIC
Before the end of 2016, the new SCENIC will be available with the Hybrid Assist electric option for its Energy dCi 110 diesel engine, mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. This system promises to combine low fuel consumption and high levels of driving enjoyment, providing a boost of acceleration at certain speeds, particularly at low revs.
Thanks to this innovation – which recovers energy during deceleration and braking – Renault is aiming to take the lead in low fuel consumption with the new SCENIC.
Hybrid Assist functions with a 48-volt battery, enabling the electric motor to support the internal combustion engine, which remains in continuous operation.
The new SCENIC offers six diesel engine options and two petrol alternatives:
- The Energy dCi 95 with a six-speed manual gearbox
- The Energy dCi 110 with a six-speed manual gearbox
- The Energy dCi 110 Hybrid Assist with a six-speed manual gearbox
- The Energy dCi 110 with EDC (Efficient Dual Clutch) seven-speed automatic transmission
- The Energy dCi 130 with a six-speed manual gearbox
- The Energy dCi 160 with EDC (Efficient Dual Clutch) six-speed automatic transmission
- The Energy TCe 115 with a six-speed manual gearbox
- The Energy TCe 130 with a six-speed manual gearbox
Technology from the next segment up
The new SCENIC benefits from CMF C/D (Common Module Family) modular architecture and comes with a wide range of features more generally associated with the next segment up (the new Espace and the Talisman), or with the new MEGANE.
A connected driving experience courtesy of the 8.7-inch R-LINK 2 multimedia tablet
Higher-end versions of the new SCENIC are equipped with R-LINK 2 complete with an 8.7-inch (22cm) portrait-format display, identical to that seen in the new Espace and the Talisman. Unique in the compact MPV segment, the system benefits from an easy-to-use capacitive ‘pinch & zoom’ screen, much like that of a smartphone or tablet computer.
R-LINK 2 includes voice recognition for the navigation system, telephone use, apps and radio, ensuring easy access and safe operation of its various functions.
R-LINK 2 features:
- Clear, intuitive graphics, similar to those employed by tablets and smartphones, complete with click-and- drag to move icons, page scrolling, two-finger zoom, etc.
- Easy customisation, courtesy of three configurable home pages with widgets (icons) and up to six different profiles that allow swift access to pre-set driving settings and in-car ambience preferences,
- A control centre, which controls the activation and deactivation of the majority of functions, including driving aids,
- Connectivity: a package that includes a free 12-month subscription to TomTom Traffic, access to the R-LINK Store and up-to-date European maps (depending on market).
A personalised driving experience thanks to MULTI-SENSE technology
MULTI-SENSE technology allows users to personalise their driving experience by modifying the accelerator pedal and engine response, adjusting the speed of the gearshifts performed by the EDC (Efficient Dual Clutch) automatic transmission and controlling the firmness of the steering, the cabin lighting environment and the massage function of the driver’s seat when it is available.
A MULTI-SENSE button on the dashboard’s centre console provides direct access to five different driving settings which are displayed on the R-LINK 2 screen: Neutral, Sport, Comfort, Perso and Eco.
This is complemented by a choice between five interior lighting ambiences: sepia, red, blue, purple and green. The selected ambience covers the centre console – as well as the front and rear door panels in high- end versions – and matches the colour of the dashboard’s TFT screen and the portrait-format multimedia display.
Full-colour head-up display
The retractable full-colour head-up display enhances driving comfort and safety by making the driving aids (ADAS) more legible and easier to use. Without the driver needing to take his or her eyes off the road, the screen displays all relevant information (current speed, navigation instructions, driving aids) to ensure a relaxed and untroubled driving experience.
BOSE® Surround Sound
The new SCENIC is available with BOSE Surround Sound audio, an innovation initially seen only on Renault models from the next segment up, namely the new Espace and the Talisman. Once again, engineers from Renault and Bose collaborated closely to produce a tailor-engineered sound specifically configured for the new SCENIC thanks to the optimal positioning of 11 high-powered loudspeakers: a central loudspeaker at the front to ensure well-balanced sound, ten high-performance loudspeakers spread around the cabin to generate clear, precise quality, and a subwoofer integrated into the boot to reproduce music in all its original depth. This combination allows all occupants of the vehicle to enjoy an exceptional, immersive audio experience.
4CONTROL & MULTI-SENSE take personalised driving enjoyment to a new level
Renault is the first volume manufacturer to combine personalisable driving enjoyment with four-wheel steering technology.
|Espace||Talisman||New SCENIC||New MEGANE and New MEGANE Sport Tourer|
The MULTI-SENSE system coordinates the different parameters that contribute to driving pleasure and travelling comfort in order to match the driver’s/passengers’ mood of the moment. Combined with Renault’s 4CONTROL technology, it ensures peerless low-speed manoeuvrability and impeccable handling at higher speeds.
|New SCENIC||New MEGANE and new MEGANE Sport Tourer|
|Hybrid Assist||End-2016||Early 2017|
Hybrid assist power for fuel consumption amongst the segment’s lowest
The imminent launch in 2016 of an electrified Hybrid Assist diesel powertrain sees Renault target the C-segment’s lowest fuel consumption by recovering otherwise wasted energy under deceleration or braking. This technology dispenses with the need for a high-voltage battery, a consideration that fits perfectly with Renault’s philosophy of delivering technology to the widest possible audience at the lowest possible price.
The new SCENIC: user-friendly modularity for enhanced travelling comfort
In 1996, the Renault Scénic created the compact MPV segment thanks to a new interior layout and a number of smart features that provided motorists with a modular cabin and unprecedented space.
In keeping with the same philosophy, the new SCENIC is equipped with a One Touch Folding system which makes tipping the rear seats forward to obtain a flat floor exceptionally simple. Meanwhile, the sliding console situated between the front seats makes it possible to favour a saloon car ambience or a more open- plan arrangement.
The new SCENIC: even more innovations in favour of safety
Renault’s most recent models come with a comprehensive suite of warning and occupant-protection systems for an increasingly higher level of active safety.
The new SCENIC marks the introduction of three new safety systems to the Renault range: Lane Keeping Assist, Active Emergency Braking System with Pedestrian Detection and Tiredness Detection.
R-link 2: the big-format, connected control centre
More than simply embellishing the interior design of Renault models, R-LINK 2 plays a fundamental role in the driving experience and the travelling comfort occupants enjoy by controlling key functions such as the multimedia, navigation, audio, hands-free telephone and MULTI-SENSE systems, as well as the different driving aids, the 4CONTROL chassis, etc.
The 7-inch landscape- or 8.7-inch portrait-format display is particularly clear and carefully designed for in-car use. It is capable of storing up to six different driver profiles which means that preferred comfort- and driving- related settings are just a click away.
Meanwhile, through its R-LINK Store, Renault proposes an extensive catalogue of applications developed specifically for automotive use.
|Espace||Talisman||New SCENIC||Kadjar||New MEGANE & New MEGANE Sport Tourer|
|R-LINK 2||8.7“||7” & 8.7“||7” & 8.7“||7”||7” & 8.7“|