Η Fiat ανακοίνωσε ότι πλέον της ανήκει το 58.5% της Chrysler αφού με το ερχομό του Dodge Dart (θα παρουσιαστεί επίσημα την Δευτέρα στο Detroit) έπιασε και το τελευταίο στόχο που είχε θέση η Αμερικανική κυβέρνηση κατά την αρχική συμφωνία ο ο οποίο ανέφερε ότι η Fiat έπρεπε να κατασκευάσει ένα αυτοκίνητο που θα έχει μέση κατανάλωση 40 mpg. Η Fiat ήταν συνεπής αφού το Dart με το 9-τάχυτο κιβώτιο της ZF έχει μέση κατανάλωση 40 mpg (5.8 λίτρα/100 χλμ). Έτσι αποκτά ακόμη 5% της Chrysler, με το ποσοστό της να αυξάνεται στο 58.5%.
Σε ότι αφορά τις πωλήσεις του Chrysler Group μέσα στο 2011. Αυτές παρουσίασαν αύξηση κατά 26% παγκοσμίως (1.37 εκατ. αυτοκίνητα) και κατά 37% στην Αμερική. Τέλος η Chrysler ανακοίνωσε ότι στην Αμερική από το 2013, το Jeep Grand Cherokee θα είναι διαθέσιμο και με πετρελαιοκινητήρα και έτσι θα προσλάβει 1100 άτομα στο εργοστάσιο του Jefferson North. Ο κινητήρας θα είναι ο 3.0-λίτρος V6 turbo της Fiat που στην Ευρωπαϊκή έκδοση αποδίδει 241 άλογα με 550 Nm ροπής και μέση κατανάλωση 8.3 λίτρα/100 χλμ. Επίσης ο κινητήρας είναι διαθέσιμος και σε έκδοση με 190 άλογα. Περισσότερες λεπτομέρειες μπορείς να βρεις στο δελτίο τύπου που ακολουθεί.
Chrysler Group LLC Completes Final Performance Event; Fiat S.p.A. Ownership Rises to 58.5 Percent; Fuel-Efficient Dodge Dart to Be Revealed at NAIAS on Jan. 9
January 5, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – Chrysler Group LLC today announced that Fiat S.p.A.’s ownership interest in the Company has increased to 58.5 percent, from 53.5 percent (fully diluted), upon the Company’s achievement of the final of three performance-related milestones.
As provided in its June 10, 2009 Operating Agreement, Chrysler Group issued a letter to the U.S. Department of the Treasury stating that the Company has irrevocably committed to begin assembly of a vehicle with an unadjusted combined fuel economy of at least 40 mpg in commercial quantities in a production facility located in the United States. As a result, Fiat’s ownership interest increased automatically by 5 percent under the terms of the Operating Agreement.
The ownership interests of Chrysler Group’s members are now:
In late December, Chrysler Group achieved the Fuel Economy Test, for an unadjusted combined rating of 40 mpg, with a pre-production version of the Dodge Dart, its new, state-of-the-art, four-door sedan.
With the 2013 Dodge Dart, Chrysler Group is redefining performance in the compact car segment and delivering world-class aerodynamics. With Alfa Romeo DNA and Dodge’s passion for performance at its core, the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart is a thoroughly modern and fuel-efficient vehicle that’s beautifully designed and crafted, agile and brings driving fun back to the segment. The all-new Dodge Dart will be made in the United States at Chrysler Group’s Belvidere Assembly Plant in Belvidere, Ill.
The Dodge Dart is scheduled to be unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Jan. 9.
This is the fifth time in the past year that Fiat has increased its ownership in Chrysler Group.
In June 2009, Fiat initially received a 20 percent stake in Chrysler Group in exchange for sharing intellectual property and other resources with the Company.
On Jan. 10, 2011, Fiat announced that its stake in the Company increased to 25 percent when Chrysler Group received the appropriate government approvals and committed to begin commercial production of the Fully Integrated Robotized Engine (FIRE) in its Dundee, Mich., facility.
On April 12, Fiat’s ownership in Chrysler Group increased to 30 percent as Chrysler Group achieved cumulative revenue of more than $1.5 billion attributable to Company sales made outside of Canada, Mexico and the United States and entered into distribution agreements in Brazil and Europe, as well as a technology-use agreement.
In connection with Chrysler Group refinancing and paying back its U.S. and Canadian government loans in full on May 24, six years early, Fiat exercised its call option to increase its ownership interest in Chrysler Group by an incremental 16 percent to 46 percent, on a fully diluted basis.
And on July 21, Fiat reported that it paid $500 million to purchase the U.S. Treasury’s remaining 6 percent (fully diluted) ownership interest in Chrysler Group and $125 million to purchase the Canadian governments’ remaining 1.5 percent (fully diluted) ownership interest, bringing its fully diluted ownership interest to 53.5 percent. In addition, Fiat paid $75 million to obtain assignment of the U.S. Treasury’s rights under the Equity Recapture Agreement.
With the submission of the letter to the U.S. Treasury, Fiat’s stake in Chrysler Group is now 58.5 percent.
Chrysler Group LLC Reports December 2011 U.S. Sales Increased 37 Percent; Full-Year Sales Up 26 Percent
- Retail sales increase 45 percent; best monthly retail sales in four years
- Best total sales since May 2008
- Chrysler Group U.S. sales increase 26 percent in 2011, the largest percentage sales gain of any full-line manufacturer
- Chrysler Group U.S. market share grows 1.3 percentage points in 2011; largest share gain of any automaker
- December marks the 21st consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
- Seventh-consecutive month of sales gains of at least 20 percent
- Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, and Ram Truck brands each post sales increases in December versus same month a year ago
- FIAT brand sales up 44 percent compared with sales in the previous month
- Jeep brand posts its best sales month since December 2007
- Jeep Grand Cherokee logs its best sales month in six years
- Jeep Wrangler sets new sales record for month of December; seventh consecutive monthly sales record this year
- Jeep Compass posts 11-fold sales increase compared with the same month a year ago
- Chrysler brand sales up 83 percent; highest percentage sales increase of all Chrysler Group brands
- Best Chrysler brand sales since August 2008
- Sixth-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains for Chrysler brand
- New Chrysler 200 mid-size sedan sales up 661 percent compared with sales of its predecessor a year ago
- Chrysler 300 posts best sales month of the year; best December sales since 2007
- Dodge brand sales increase 28 percent; best December since 2007
- Seventh-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains for Dodge brand
- New Dodge Charger sales increase 227 percent compared with same month a year ago
- Ram pickup truck sales up 12 percent in December; best monthly sales since March 2008
- Ram 2500 Power Wagon named ‘2012 Pickup Truck of the Year’ by Four Wheeler magazine
- 2012 Chrysler 300 Luxury Series introduced as the most luxurious and fuel-efficient Chrysler flagship sedan ever
- Dodge brand provides sneak peek of 2013 Dodge Dart, its all-new, state-of-the-art, four-door sedan in the compact car segment
- New 2012 Fiat 500 earns Men’s Journal magazine’s coveted ‘Gear of the Year’ award
- New 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon named ‘Four Wheeler of the Year’ by Four Wheeler magazine
January 4, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – Chrysler Group LLC today reported U.S. sales of 138,019, a 37 percent increase compared with sales in December 2010 (100,702 units), the group’s best monthly sales since May 2008.
For the year, Chrysler Group sales totaled 1.37 million units, up 26 percent versus sales in 2010, the largest percentage sales gain of any full-line manufacturer. The Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, and Ram Truck brands each posted solid sales gains during 2011 compared with sales in 2010.
December marked Chrysler Group’s 21st-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains and seventh-consecutive month of sales increases of at least 20 percent.
The group’s 37 percent December increase was driven in part by strong sales of the Chrysler 300 flagship sedan, Chrysler 200 mid-size sedan, Dodge Charger and Avenger sport sedans, Ram pickup truck, and the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, and Compass.
“Chrysler Group finished a year of growth on a strong note with our December retail sales soaring 45 percent to our highest dealer retail sales in four years,” said Reid Bigland, President and CEO – Dodge Brand and Head of US Sales. “Looking back, we were the fastest-growing automaker in the country, increasing our market share 1.3 percentage points during 2011.”
The Chrysler brand’s 83 percent increase, driven by surging sales of the Chrysler 300 and Chrysler 200 sedans, was the largest percentage sales gain of all the Chrysler Group brands and represents its best monthly sales since August 2008. The Jeep, Dodge, and Ram Truck brands each logged double-digit percentage sales gains in December, while the FIAT brand posted a 44 percent increase compared with the previous month of November.
Chrysler Group finished the month with a 64-day supply of inventory (326,087 units). U.S. industry sales figures for December are projected at an estimated 14 million SAAR.
December 2011 U.S. Sales Highlights by Brand
Chrysler Brand The Chrysler brand’s 83 percent sales increase in December represented the largest percentage increase of any Chrysler Group brand and its best monthly sales since August 2008. Brand sales were driven by the strong showing of its two sedans, the new 2012 Chrysler 300 full-size sedan and the mid-size 2012 Chrysler 200. Sales of the 200 were up a robust 661 percent in December, compared with sales of its predecessor the same month a year ago, while the 300 turned in a 242 percent sales gain.
The brand in December introduced the all-new 2012 Chrysler 300 Luxury Series, designed to be the most luxurious and fuel-efficient Chrysler flagship sedan ever. Arriving in the first quarter of 2012, the 300 Luxury Series combines ultra-premium leather – once limited to some of the most exotic Italian luxury cars – with world-class refinement and handling, state-of-the-art safety and connectivity features, and an eight-speed automatic transmission with the Pentastar® V-6 engine for 31 best-in-class highway miles per gallon.
Jeep® Brand Jeep brand sales were up 41 percent in December, the brand’s best monthly sales performance since December 2007 and its 20th consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains. The 2012 Jeep Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, and Compass significantly contributed to the brand’s 41 percent increase.
The Compass’ 1,035 percent sales gain in December was the largest of any Chrysler Group model in December. Wrangler, the most capable and recognized vehicle in the world, set a new sales record for the month of December; the model’s seventh-consecutive monthly sales record this year. Grand Cherokee sales were up 36 percent in December, its best sales month since December 2005.
The new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon – the most capable production vehicle on the planet – was named “Four Wheeler of the Year” by Four Wheeler magazine in December. The award is given annually by the editors of the opinion-leading off-road enthusiast magazine.
Dodge Brand The Dodge brand posted a 28 percent sales increase in December compared with the same month in 2010. It was the brand’s seventh-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains. The 2012 Dodge Charger, America’s first domestic sport sedan to feature an eight-speed automatic transmission – delivering a best-in-class 31 mpg highway – led the brand with a 227 percent sales increase in December. It was the Charger’s best December sales since 2007.
The 2012 Dodge Avenger, America’s most affordable and most powerful mid-size sedan, and the 2012 Dodge Journey, the most affordable mid-size crossover in America, each posted double-digit percentage sales increases in December compared with the same month a year ago. The 2012 Dodge Durango, with its best-in-class capability, style, spaciousness, interior craftsmanship and driving dynamics, also contributed to the Dodge brand’s sales gain in December. Sales of the Durango full-size SUV were up 22 percent versus the previous month of November.
In December, the Dodge brand offered a sneak peek of the 2013 Dodge Dart, its all-new, state-of-the-art, four-door sedan that will compete in the compact car segment. The Dart is scheduled to be introduced Jan. 9 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
Ram Truck Brand The Ram Truck brand posted a 10 percent sales increase in December compared with the same month in 2010, its best monthly sales since August 2008. Ram pickup truck sales increased 12 percent in December, the model’s best sales month since March 2008. Both Light Duty and Heavy Duty trucks contributed to the increase. Despite the fluctuating gasoline prices during 2011, the Ram pickup truck logged a solid 23 percent sales increase for the year.
The editors of Four Wheeler magazine last month named the Ram 2500 Power Wagon “2012 Pickup Truck of the Year.” The Power Wagon beat the competition in a series of in-depth on- and off-road tests. Four Wheeler called out the Power Wagon’s versatility saying it was nearly unstoppable off-road yet still civilized enough to be driven daily.
December 2011 U.S. Sales Highlights
- Chrysler brand sales (23,974 units) increased 83 percent in December versus the same month a year ago (13,132 units)
- Sales of the Chrysler 200 (9,213 units) were up 661 percent compared with sales of the model’s previous generation (1,211 units) in December a year ago
- Chrysler 300 sales (5,142 units) increased 242 percent versus the same month in 2010 (1,503 units)
- Jeep brand sales (43,577 units) increased 41 percent compared with the same month last year (30,910 units)
- Jeep Wrangler sales (11,415 units) were up 39 percent versus December 2010 (8,227 units)
- Jeep Liberty sales (6,161 units) increased 23 percent compared with December sales a year ago (5,009 units)
- Sales of the Jeep Compass (4,255 units) were up 1,035 percent versus the same month in 2010 (375 units)
- Sales of the Jeep Grand Cherokee (17,346 units) increased 36 percent versus December a year ago (12,753 units)
- Dodge brand sales (41,548 units) were up 28 percent in December compared with the same month last year (32,390 units)
- Dodge Avenger sales (6,216 units) increased 77 percent versus December 2010 (3,510 units)
- Dodge Charger sales (7,211 units) were up 227 percent compared with the same month last year (2,205 units)
- Dodge Journey sales (4,710 units) were up 23 percent compared with the same month a year ago (3,830 units)
- Dodge Durango sales (4,806 units) were up 22 percent versus the previous month of November (3,947 units)
- Ram Truck brand sales (26,595 units) increased 10 percent versus December 2010 (24,270 units)
- Ram pickup truck sales (26,013 units) were up 12 percent compared with December 2010 (23,241 units)
- FIAT brand sales (2,325 units) were up 44 percent compared with the previous month of November (1,618 units)
- Chrysler Group truck sales (103,175 units) improved 19 percent compared with December 2010 (86,359 units)
- Chrysler Group car sales (34,844 units) were up 143 percent versus December last year (14,343 units)
|Chrysler Group LLC U.S. Sales Summary Thru December 2011|
|Month Sales||Vol %||Sales CYTD||Vol %|
|Model||Curr Yr||Pr Yr||Change||Curr Yr||Pr Yr||Change|
|Town & Country||9,619||9,780||-2%||94,320||112,275||-16%|
|TOTAL CHRYSLER GROUP LLC||138,019||100,702||37%||1,369,114||1,085,211||26%|
Chrysler Group LLC Deepens Commitment to the City of Detroit with New Jobs and New Jeep® Grand Cherokee Diesel for North America
- Chrysler Group to add a third crew and 1,100 jobs to Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit
- Chrysler Group to build Jeep® Grand Cherokee diesel for North America in Detroit next year
- Chrysler Group to reopen Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit, adding 150 jobs
January 5, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – Chrysler Group LLC is strengthening its ties with the City of Detroit by adding a third crew and 1,100 new jobs at its Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit (JNAP), expanding the Jeep® Grand Cherokee lineup to include a diesel version for North America in the city and reaffirming plans to add 150 jobs by reopening its Conner Avenue Assembly Plant, also located in the Motor City for production of the ultimate American sports car – the SRT Viper.
“Our future, like the history of our brands, is interwoven with the City of Detroit,” said Chrysler Group Chairman and CEO Sergio Marchionne. “Detroit long has been home to renowned innovators and craftsmen. So it is in the Motor City, home of our industrial heritage and a resilient people, that we are entrusting the manufacture not only of the ultimate American sports car, the SRT Viper, and the Jeep Grand Cherokee – the most awarded SUV ever – but also a diesel version of the Jeep Grand Cherokee for North American markets.
“We believe that investing in Detroit is not only the right thing to do, but it is a smart thing to do as we work to write the next chapter in our shared history,” Marchionne said.
Through its new commitments in the Motor City – the city in which the Company has its earliest roots – Chrysler Group is embracing its Detroit heritage and weaving it into the fiber of its future plans, which include producing fuel-efficient, environmentally clean vehicles, such as a Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel. And by adding 1,250 jobs at its two downtown Detroit manufacturing plants, Chrysler Group is demonstrating its belief in the passion, skill and steadfast dedication of the Motor City to build luxurious, high-quality, state-of-the art vehicles that are true to a shared heritage and aspire to create a better and sustainable future.
“We are pleased to have Chrysler Group acknowledge the contributions of the UAW here in the Motor City by relying on our workforce to produce two of its most acclaimed vehicles,” said General Holiefield, UAW Vice President-Chrysler Department. “Our workers nationwide have had a rough couple of years along with the American auto industry and we are proud to be partners in building a future of success starting right here in Detroit.”
The new third crew of approximately 1,100 jobs that Chrysler Group is adding at JNAP, home of the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Dodge Durango, will be part of an operating pattern, called the 3-2-120 schedule, that allows each employee an additional 49 days off per year while enabling the plant an additional 49 days of annual production.
JNAP was the first Chrysler Group plant in Michigan to add a second crew of production, or about 1,100 jobs, in July 2010. It also was the first Chrysler Group plant to add new hires to its ranks. Current employment at the plant is approximately 2,890.
The new jobs and product announcements build upon Chrysler Group’s existing commitment, announced last month, to reopen the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant to produce the next generation SRT Viper. With Conner’s reopening, nearly 150 hourly and salaried jobs will return to the City of Detroit.
The next generation Viper will make its return to the product lineup late this year as a 2013 model. Conner employees began reporting for training and orientation in the fall.
Sergio Marchionne to Serve as Campaign Chair for the United Way for Southeastern Michigan in 2012
January 6, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – Sergio Marchionne, Chairman and CEO of Chrysler Group LLC, will serve as Campaign Chair for the United Way for Southeastern Michigan (UWSEM) 2012 campaign. As Campaign Chair, Marchionne will be the face and voice of the UWSEM fundraising and education efforts and will lead the recruitment of leaders within Southeast Michigan to serve as members of his cabinet, which will work to promote the growth and impact of the campaign among businesses and individuals.
Marchionne’s tenure as Campaign Chair began on January 1 and concludes on December 31, 2012.
“Chrysler Group and the United Way have nurtured a longstanding relationship built upon the shared goal of contributing meaningfully and sustainably to people and communities in need,” Marchionne said. ” At the center of this strategy is the belief that we are all connected and must work to advance the common good — we all succeed when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people and communities are healthy.”
“As this year’s Campaign Chair, Sergio Marchionne brings high-caliber thought leadership to our organization at a critical time,” said Michael J. Brennan, President and CEO, United Way for Southeastern Michigan. “Both United Way and Chrysler Group have undergone dramatic transformations in recent years. We recognize the parallel need to transform the region through our mutual commitment to furthering the work of United Way’s Agenda for Change impact areas—Education, Financial Stability and Basic Needs. We are very fortunate that Mr. Marchionne is leading the 2012 Campaign.”
About Chrysler Group’s longstanding partnership with the United Way Chrysler Group’s longstanding partnership with the United Way is focused on three key areas critical to long-term regional success:
1. Education – that people are ready to succeed United Way has embarked on aggressive initiative to turn around high schools so that they graduate at least 80% of their students by 2018. The goal of UWSEM’s Early Education initiative is to have 80% of children entering kindergarten ready to succeed.
2. Income – that people are financially self-sufficient and secure United Way is increasing stability across the region by helping families become financially stable by providing pathways to jobs, financial coaching and access to benefits.
3. Basic Needs – that people are supported in times of crisis United Way is helping to reducing hunger in target communities by connecting our region’s organizations, individu¬als and families with the information and resources needed to increase access to quality nutritional food. The organization is helping 80,000 children access three meals per day through systematically increasing utilization of child-based food programs.
By focusing on these building blocks for a better life – Education, Income and Basic Needs – we build a stronger region, and a stronger future for our state.
In 2011, through the generosity of Chrysler Group employee pledges, including UAW and CAW represented employees, more than $4.6 million was donated to United Way campaigns in the U.S. and in Canada. In addition, during the year hundreds of Chrysler Group employees volunteered thousands of hours to support United Way agencies and activities – from Pontiac to Detroit, Warren, Fraser and more communities in the state where their time and resources were needed to help others.
About United Way of Southeastern Michigan United Way for Southeastern Michigan mobilizes the caring power of Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties to improve lives in measurable and lasting ways throughout the region. The organization is led by a diverse group of volunteers from business, labor, government, human services, education and the community. United Way provides opportunities to invest in the metropolitan Detroit community through its annual Campaign and is a leader in convening partners to impact local residents each year by increasing economic self-sufficiency, protecting children and youth at risk, strengthening families, empowering neighborhoods and communities, and promoting health and wellness. Additional information is available at www.LiveUnitedSEM.org.
About Chrysler Group LLC Chrysler Group LLC, formed in 2009 to establish a global strategic alliance with Fiat S.p.A., produces Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Mopar, SRT and Fiat vehicles and products. With the resources, technology and worldwide distribution network required to compete on a global scale, the alliance builds on Chrysler Group’s culture of innovation, first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925, and Fiat’s complementary technology that dates back to its founding in 1899.
Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Mich., Chrysler Group’s product lineup features some of the world’s most recognizable vehicles, including the Chrysler 300 and Town & Country, Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Durango, Ram 1500, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and Fiat 500. Fiat contributes world-class technology, platforms and powertrains for small- and medium-size cars, allowing Chrysler Group to offer an expanded product line including environmentally friendly vehicles.