Λίγες ημέρες έχουνε απομείνει μέχρι η έκθεση του Detroit ανοίξει τις πύλες της και οι Αμερικάνικες εταιρίες ανακοινώνουν και τα τελευταία μοντέλα που θα παρουσιαστούν εκεί. Η Dodge ανακοίνωσε ότι θα πάει στο Detroit το Charger Redline 2012. Η έκδοση βασίζεται στο R/T μοντέλο η Mopar έχει δημιουργήσει τρία βελτιωτικά πακέτα (Stage 1, Stage 2 και Stage 3), με το πρώτο να διαθέτει μόνο στιλιστικές αλλαγές στο εσωτερικό και στο εξωτερικό, το δεύτερο να βελτιώνει την οδική συμπεριφορά και το φρενάρισμα και το τρίτο να αντικαθιστά τον 5.7-λίτρων V8 HEMI κινητήρα με τον V8 Gen III 7.0-λίτρων HEMI απόδοσης 590 ίππων, με την Mopar να δηλώνει ότι ο κινητήρας αυτός απευθύνεται για αγωνιστική και εκτός δρόμου χρήση. Οι πωλήσεις του θα ξεκινήσουν μέσα στο 2012 και περισσότερες λεπτομέρειες μπορείς να βρεις στο δελτίο τύπου που ακολουθεί.
Mopar® Introduces Dodge Charger Redline Infused With New High Output 426 HEMI® Aluminum Crate Engine and More Aggressive Style
- New 2012 Dodge Charger Redline features three available Mopar® stage kits for factory-tuned performance
- Stage One features aerodynamic exterior components and interior accents
- Stage Two features bolt-on performance parts for improved power, handling and braking
- Stage Three features new high-output version of the powerful aluminum-block Gen III 426 HEMI® V-8 crate engine, delivers 590 horsepower
- Dodge Charger Redline will debut at 2012 North American International Auto Show
Delivering performance and an even more aggressive look, the 2012 Dodge Charger Redline is a 426 HEMI®-powered showcase of new Mopar® performance kits that will arrive later this year. The Dodge Charger Redline vehicle with all three Mopar performance stage kits will debut at the 2012 North American International Auto Show.
“Since the 1960s, the Mopar Brand has built a long history of adding power and performance to the Dodge Charger – and with the Redline, we Moparized the new Charger with modern-day performance and style while giving a nod to our storied past,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand. “With three kits, Mopar offers a tailored choice for every customer.”
Stage I: Aerodynamic Carbon Fiber Exterior Components and Interior Accents
Based on the 2012 Dodge Charger R/T model, Mopar’s list of Stage I modifications includes a full-width Mopar carbon fiber chin spoiler to give the Charger Redline a more aggressive appearance. Matching the Redline Tri-coat paint, the two-piece grille features a body-color painted-grille surround with black signature “crosshair” insert. Large 20 x 8-inch Mopar Black Envy Wheels feature a Pitch Black-painted wheel face with polished accents. Mopar carbon fiber door scoops highlight Dodge Charger Redline’s signature body-side scallops and include heritage “R/T” badging to pay homage to the historic 1970 Charger model. A three-piece Mopar carbon fiber rear spoiler adds additional down force and provides an even more dynamic look. Emphasizing Dodge Charger Redline’s fastback silhouette is Mopar’s vinyl roof graphic in matte black.
The Dodge Charger Redline’s cockpit design features premium materials and is further enhanced with a Mopar aluminum shift bezel and aluminum instrument panel bezel with Redline perimeter accent. For a more enthusiast-desired look, Mopar pedal covers are made from stainless steel and feature a rubberized pattern for improved traction.
Stage II: Mopar Bolt-on Performance Parts Deliver Improved Power, Handling and Braking
Designed and tested straight from the factory, the Dodge Charger Redline features Mopar’s Stage II performance kit to enhance its already world-class power, handling and braking.
Allowing the Dodge Charger Redline’s legendary HEMI® V-8 engine to perform at its optimal level, Mopar’s cat-back performance exhaust system delivers an increase in horsepower and a menacing “throaty” sound. Under the hood, a front-tower cross-brace and front tower brace caps provide increased structural stability for improved handling dynamics. For ultimate braking capabilty, high-performance Mopar brake linings are track tested and deliver fade-resistance during hard braking use.
Stage III: Mopar’s Gen III High Output 426 HEMI V-8 engine, with 590 Horsepower on Tap
Delivering 220 more horsepower than the 2012 Dodge Charger R/T, the Charger Redline features the new high-output version of the powerful and lightweight Gen III 426 HEMI V-8 crate engine (for race/off-road use only).
With its legendary 426 cubic-inch “Elephant Motor,” the Dodge Charger Redline delivers 590 horsepower via a lightweight aluminum V-8 engine block that shaves more than 100 lbs. from the traditional cast-iron crate version. The new Gen III High Output 426 HEMI engine is professionally built and includes a stout, balanced lower reciprocating assembly that features a forged-steel crankshaft with six-bolt mains at 2, 3 and 4, and cross-bolted 4-bolt mains at 1 and 5. H-beam style rods are made from forged steel and coupled to forged 11:1 compression ratio aluminum pistons. Included is a revised windage tray to provide excellent oil dispersion and prevents oil aeration by the crankshaft.
The Gen III High Output 426 HEMI engine’s valvetrain starts with a more aggressive roller camshaft with .639 intake and .628 exhaust lift and cylinder heads that feature the latest designs for exceptional flow characteristics. To help stabilize the valvetrain at high engine rpm, tie bars are available.
Mopar cast-aluminum valve covers and billet fuel rails are also included in the Dodge Charger Redline’s Stage III performance kit.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network